Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

About a year ago the Abu Sayaaf (sp) took numerous hostages. They were abducted just a few weeks after I returned from my five week trip there.

Among the hostages taken were two American missionairies, Gracia and Martin Burnham, and a Filipina RN, whose name I do not know. Many more were abducted, but all had previously died. They were held captive in a Muslim stronghold in the southern Philippines.

This morning the Filipino military raided the terrorist camp where the 3 remaining hostages were held. Amidst heavy gunfire, the Filipina RN and Martin Burnham were killed. Gracia survived but was seriously wounded. She is currently in surgery.

My heart goes out to the families who lost loved ones in this horrible tragedy.
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Correction... one American was beheaded shortly after being abducted. Sobero, a Californian native, was beheaded. His remains were uncovered by Filipino troops near the Abu Sayyaf's jungle post in Basilan province.

Seventeen besides the Burnhams were abducted. Sobero was assassinated, and the other 16 Filipinos were later released, with the exception of the Burnham's and the Filipina RN.

Abu Sayyaf is believed to have direct links to the al Qaeda network of Osama bin Laden. They had at one time spearheaded an attack on flights heavily loaded with Americans. Their plan was to blow up something like 30 planes as they flew over the ocean to Asian destinations. The plan was thwarted when, I believe a Filipino discovered the plans and exposed them to officials.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I read this this morning, very very sad. Luckily that one woman got out alive. I want to know what happened to the captors now? Was it just an infiltrate and rescue mission, or was there any combat or arrests made?

The news is looking really depressing disturbing lately between this, the Chandra Levy remains investigation, the Skakel trial and the little girl who was kidnapped in Utah - now that's is a really sad story [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Strungout, according to the Manila newspaper and my friends in the Philippines, the Filipino military were closing in on them every day. Yesterday the Abu Sayyaf issued a press release stating that they were going to release the Filipina RN, and that it was a release, not a rescue. My friends there say that the only motivation in that annoucement was because the Aub Sayyaf anticipated the forces getting closer, and subsequent rescue of the three hostages. It sounds like the Filipino military forces came upon them while the Abu Sayyaf were on the run. Fierce gun battle ensued. Six or seven of the terrorists were killed and six or seven were wounded and captured.

Gracia is in the hospital with a leg wound.

Still... the world is a scary place right now. At least they are finally gonna punish Skakel. The poor family of that little girl in Utah. I hope they find her.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,025 Times in 500 Posts

If they can determine that there are no more captives, and then are able to positively identify the Abu Sayef rebels, I say they should GO IN THERE AFTER THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS WITH GUNSHIPS BLAZING, KILLING EVERY FUCKING THING THAT MOVES UNTIL EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THOSE OSAMA BIN LADEN LOVING MOTHERFUCKERS ARE ALL DEAD.

Then till their rotting carcasses under the soil; it'll make good fertilizer [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Rokgtar:
    Then till their rotting carcasses under the soil; it'll make good fertilizer [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Thing is, they're so full of hate... would anything grow there?