Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

REMINDER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matrix Trailer Release Details
    Monday, May 13, 2002 2:09 CDT

The first teaser to the MATRIX: RELOADED and THE MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS is set to be released on Wednesday May 15th, with its world premier on Entertainment Tonight. To see it in theaters, it will be attached to a certain film due out this week. If you miss it, don't worry, you can view it here, at www.TheMatrix.com, directly after its final airing on Entertainment Tonight. That's roughly 9pm PST, May 15th.

Now onto the news.........

JERRY CANTRELL On LAYNE STALEY's Passing: I Don't Really Feel Happy About Doing Much - May 14, 2002

Former ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell recently commented on the passing of late AIC frontman Layne Staley, who was found dead April 19th from a lethal heroin-cocaine overdose that is thought to have occurred two weeks prior.

"I don't really feel happy about doing much," stated Cantrell. "All you can really do is continue on. That's a really hard thing to do. I just lost one of my best friends a couple of weeks ago—my creative partner and my band all in one fell swoop. So, ya' know, I'm dealing with it by moving on, and I don't know how I'm gonna do that, but I'll get through it."

Cantrell and his band kicked off a summer tour with NICKELBACK last night in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

[ May 14, 2002 at 04:13 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

QUEENSRŸCHE Part Ways With Guitarist KELLY GRAY - May 14, 2002

QUEENSRŸCHE have officially parted ways with guitarist Kelly Gray. Can a reunion with Chris DeGarmo be far off?

I wouldn't doubt it! Chris just did a brand-new interview with Geoff Tate for the 'Empire' DVD-audio. One problem though, Geoff has a solo album coming out and Michael Wilton is currently putting together a "side project" -FH

[ May 14, 2002 at 04:15 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

KORN Add Dates To "Tour With No Name" - May 14, 2002

KORN have tacked on 11 new dates to their Tour With No Name trek (also featuring PUDDLE OF MUDD and DEADSY), scheduled to start June 20 in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The confirmed dates are as follows:

Jun. 20 - Wilkes-Barre, PA @ First Union Arena
    Jun. 21 - Hartford, CT @ Hartford Civic Center
    Jun. 23 - Albany, NY @ Pepsi Arena
    Jun. 24 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
    Jun. 26 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
    Jun. 27 - Montreal, QC @ Molson Centre
    Jun. 29 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Mellon Arena
    Jun. 30 - Cleveland, OH @ CSU Convocation Center
    Jul. 02 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Van Andel Arena
    Jul. 03 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
    Jul. 05 - Rosemont, IL @ Allstate Arena
    Jul. 06 - Cedar Rapids, IA @ U.S. Cellular Center
    Jul. 08 - Peoria, IL @ Civic Center Arena
    Jul. 09 - Madison, WI @ Alliant Energy Center
    Jul. 11 - Indianapolis, IN @ Conseco Fieldhouse
    Jul. 12 - Columbus, OH @ Schottenstein Center
    Jul. 13 - Dayton, OH @ Ervin J. Nutter Center
    Jul. 17 - Roanoke, VA @ Roanoke Civic Center
    Jul. 18 - Greenville, SC @ Bi-Lo Center
    Jul. 20 - St. Louis, MO @ Savvis Center
    Jul. 21 - Kansas City, MO @ Kemper Arena
    Jul. 23 - Omaha/Evansville, NE @ TBA
    Jul. 24 - Moline, IL @ Mark of the Quad Cities
    Jul. 26 - Green Bay, WI @ Brown County Arena
    Jul. 27 - Milwaukee, WI @ Bradley Center
    Jul. 29 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum
    Jul. 30 - Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN @ TBA
    Aug. 01 - Grand Forks, ND @ Alrerus Center

In other news, KORN singer Jonathan Davis is reportedly continuing to produce MARZ's forthcoming album, the follow-up to 2000's Lung Fu Mo She, in Davis' Los Angeles home studio. The Chicago rapper had been affiliated with the INSANE CLOWN POSSE until the two camps had a falling out late last summer.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ANTHRAX Ink North American Deal With Sanctuary, Finalize Track Listing For New CD - May 14, 2002

ANTHRAX have officially inked a North American deal with Sanctuary Records and are currently finishing up the vocals for their new CD, entitled We've Come For You All, before beginning to mix the effort next week for a late September/early October release. An as-yet-undetermined single will likely be issued a month earlier.

The full track listing for We've Come For You All, according to guitarist Scott Ian, is as follows (not in album sequence):

01. Black Dahlia
    02. Refuse To Be Denied
    03. Superhero
    04. Safe Home
    05. What Doesn't Die
    06. Strap On My Old School
    07. Taking The Music Back
    08. Nobody Knows Anything
    09. Pilgrimage
    10. Think About An End
    11. Ghost

As previously reported, ANTHRAX have also recorded cover versions of U2's "Exit", THE POLICE's "Next To You" and THE RAMONES' "We're A Happy Family" for use as possible B-sides/bonus tracks.

We've Come For You All will receive a simultaneous European release through Nuclear Blast Records.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

NEWS - Unauthorized Osbournes Book To Beat Family's Tome To Stores
    05/13/2002

(5/13/02, 4 p.m. ET) -- We'll be able to read even more about Ozzy Osbourne and his family this year. On the heels of a reported $3 million deal for two authorized books from the Osbourne family comes word that Bantam will publish an unauthorized tome titled The Osbournes Unf--kingauthorized, which is due out July 23 and will have a first run of 250,000 copies.

The book will feature profiles of Osbourne, his wife-manager Sharon, and all three of their children, as well as a by-episode overview of the first season of their hit MTV show The Osbournes, a profile of the annual OzzFest summer tour, and a glossary of "Ozzy-speak" culled from the TV show and interviews.

Son Jack tells LAUNCH that the onslaught of attention that has surrounded his family, including Ozzy's recent addition to the Hollywood Walk Of Fame, is a long-overdue tribute to his father's career. "I think it's good that he's starting to get the recognition that he deserves. I mean, f--k, if Christina Aguilera wins a Grammy first time up to bat and, you know, (Black) Sabbath won one after 33 years, that's bullsh-t, that's all I can say."

The Osbournes Unf--kingauthorized will beat out the first of the two authorized Simon & Schuster books, which is specifically dedicated to the TV show and isn't expected until November. The second book, a family memoir, is slated for publication in the spring of 2003.

-- Gary Graff, Detroit and Neal Weiss, Los Angeles

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

An Arlington Road Sequel?
    Monday, May 13, 2002 11:46 CDT

While interviewing him for the Australian release of "The Mothman Prophecies," director Mark Pellington shared with Moviehole some information on his next project.

We've actually talked about doing a sequel to Arlington Road called 'Grants Revenge'," explains Pellington. "The kid comes back, a few years later, to seek revenge on Tim Robbins and Joan Cusack's characters, but gets entangled in the terrorist life himself". But Pellington admits his films have never made enough money to garner interest in a sequel.

"I'm next doing something lighter, but it's not set-up yet. It's a cross between 'Mulholland Drive' and 'Deathtrap'. It's about a female writer's struggle to do original stuff, and its called Dolly Dimple," he explains. "There's a heap of people I'd love to work with – Russell Crowe, Naomi Watts, Jennifer Connelly, Johnny Depp. I'd also work with Gere again too. He, like most of the people I've worked with, have been open to my style, and should a project come up that he would be appropriate for, I wouldn't at all oppose it".

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Die Another Day Teaser Trailer Tomorrow!
    Monday, May 13, 2002 11:31 CDT

MGM has alerted us that the brand new teaser trailer for "Die Another Day," the 20th James Bond installment, will premiere on the web exclusively at Yahoo! Tuesday, May 14th at approximately 4:30 PST. Although the link above is not working at this time, stay tuned there at that time tomorrow!

Meanwhile, 'shinobi03' tells us that there will be clips from the new 007 flick on Tuesday as well on Entertainment Tonight. The segment will be regarding the women of Bond. "There was a brief clip with Bond and Halle and explosions in the snow," our scooper added.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Corona Coming Attractions has reported that there will be a major difference between the film adaptation of The Hulk and the long running Marvel Comics series that it is based on.

According to an anonymous scooper, Peter Cuneo, CEO of Marvel Entertainment, spilled the following information at a lecture in New York City. Banner will remember everything that transpires while he is in his giant, green, altered state. This is of course, for those who are familiar with the comics, a departure from the original stories in which a disoriented Banner would find himself in strange places, devoid of most of his clothes, not knowing what had happened.

The Hulk, from director Ang Lee is set to be in theaters July 2003.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Remake of Stepford Wives at Paramount
    Tuesday, May 14, 2002 7:28 CDT

Variety reports that Paramount Pictures is readying a remake of 1975's "The Stepford Wives," negotiating with helmer Frank Oz ("The Score") to direct a script from Paul Rudnick. The original film was adapted by William Goldman from the Ira Levin novel of the same name and released by Columbia Pictures.

"Stepford" centered on those happy brides who a little too cheerfully go about their housework -- cleaning, doing laundry, cooking gourmet meals -- to please their husbands. But a woman discovers her hamlet's wives have been replaced with cyborgs -- and that her husband has plans to replace her as well.

The trade adds that this take on the classic film will keep the macabre tone but still be a comedy.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes! Sony has slashed it's price by a 100 dollars for a new PS2! http://money.cnn.com/2002/05/14/tech...cuts/index.htm

& gamers check this out! (Sorry FH, I don't think there are any Rhino's in N.Carolina!) http://rhinovideogames.com/ Rhino has a deal going where you can trade in any two PS2,XBox, or Gamecube games and get a brand new game of your choice! I was able to trade for the new Spiderman game!

http://www.rhinovideogames.com/
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

McCallum on Original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD
    Wednesday, May 15, 2002 5:32 CDT

Empire Online caught up with producer Rick McCallum last night who told them why there will be a 3-year wait before the first three "Star Wars" films will hit DVD (Episodes IV to VI)..

"Three years is a long time, but that's how long it takes," he said of the delayed transition. But what, you may ask, is taking up the time exactly? Well, never one to do things half-heartedly, Lucas isn't happy with a DVD of the original edits, nor, it would seem, of the enhanced Special Editions. Having previously confessed to shooting a number of additional scenes for the original trilogy while filming Episode II and with many more to be lensed during the third prequel’s production, George has made it his mission to complete the story once and for all. And so, we asked, will this spanking new footage make its debut on the DVD releases when they finally arrive? "Absolutely," confided McCallum with a conspiratorial grin.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Movie News
    DIRK PITT novels finally coming to big screen
    Clive Cussler’s series will get big premiere with adaptation of SAHARA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Wednesday, May 15, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
    By: News Editor
    Source: Variety

Rob Bowman (THE X-FILES: FIGHT THE FUTURE, REIGN OF FIRE) has been announced as the director of SAHARA, the big screen translation of one of Clive Cussler’s most popular Dirk Pitt novels.

The announcement comes at the Cannes film festival, with Paramount Pictures set to produce the film which starts shooting in October.

Officially, this will be the second time the daredevil underwater adventurer Pit has made it to the big screen, 1980s famously bad adaptation of RAISE THE TITANIC being the first. But let’s not dwell on the past.

In a glowing statement from the studio, Chairman Sherry Lansing crowed, “Clive's Dirk Pitt books have an enormous, fanatical following, and his characters and stories demand the kind of bigscreen adaptation that Rob can deliver.”

With twenty years of adventure novels, rivaling Ian Fleming’s James Bond series in scope and fan devotion, Paramount could be tapping the last vast series of action novels not yet brought to the screen in franchise fashion.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Terminator 3: *******SPOILER ALERT***********

Warner Brothers invited internet press to the set of "T3: Rise of the Machines," and perhaps one of the most surprising things about the day was the morning call time. When you think "Terminator," you think nighttime shootouts and chases, but this was broad daylight. If it's any consolation, we were in a cemetery, so it wasn't all sunshine and flowers. Well, there were sunshine and flowers, but also tombstones, bullets and explosions.

In the scene, T-800 Arnold Schwarzenegger bursts through a stained glass window carrying a coffin on his shoulder. Earlier in the scene, John Connor (Nick Stahl) and his T-800 visited the crypt where Sarah Connor is buried. Then, cops and SWAT guys come and start shooting, so T-800 has to haul the casket away while shooting a massive machine gun. Chunks of fake tombstone exploded and a crane took the weight of the casket, but Arnold charged ahead with the effortlessness we know a Terminator possesses.

Schwarzenegger was cagey about plot details, but he said of the scene, "One thing I can tell you is that I'm carrying out a coffin, obviously, out of the crypt here and the coffin has other things in there than what we think. Even though it says Sarah Connor on it, she's supposed to be inside that coffin because she died a few years ago, but now I'm taking it away, then throwing it in one of these hearse cars and then drive off. Then the female terminator is going to chase me down. This is all part of a big chase sequence."

Arnold was back in full black leather, dark sunglasses and makeup simulating chipped skin with exposed metal endoskeleton underneath. He may be back to form, but some things have changed. Mainly, Jonathan Mostow has taken over directorial duties of the series. Schwarzenegger felt confident in Mostow's ability to handle the film.

"He's very intelligent," Schwarzenegger said. "He's very knowledgeable with visual effects. He has the patience. He has the discipline and he's a director. He directs. He directs every department and has control over every department and because he comes from that background, he also is very much into directing the actors. Some action directors have a tendency of paying a lot of attention to details of the action but not a lot of the details in the scene itself and the acting."

Schwarzenegger had to cut interviews short to prepare for more shooting (both filming and artillery), but Mostow was around to talk about some of the other changes to the series. One change came within the filming of "T3" when Sofia Bush was replaced by Claire Danes. Mostow remains confident about Bush's prospects, but explained why he couldn't keep her aboard "T3."

"The gamble that I took was that her star quality would compensate for the fact that she probably was too young for the part," Mostow said. "At the end of the day, after looking at a couple days' worth of footage, she was just too young. She's a terrific actress, with great star qualities and I think she's going to be a major movie star. I've always been a huge fan of Claire's and Claire is somebody that frankly I've been thinking about from early on. I want great actors. If you look at the cast we have in this movie, Nick Stahl and Claire Danes are two great actors of their generation. You have to look at the actor for the part and make sure that they're the right actor. The great thing about Hollywood is it doesn't really matter what you did yesterday. What matters is are you right for this particular role."

And as to why he chose Stahl over having Edward Furlong reprise the John Connor role, Mostow said, "Eddie did a great job playing this guy as a 14-year-old and now he's a young man. It's a completely different kind of thing. Look at the Jack Ryan character. First it was Alec Baldwin and then Harrison Ford and then Ben Affleck. People always accept whoever is the right actor for the movie, so I think I did the same thing here. I needed a particular kind of actor. Anybody that was living and breathing and had a SAG card and was roughly that age, we brought in, this massive audition process. Nick was the guy."

Creating a "Terminator" film of his own, Mostow said he gained even more respect for James Cameron. "The guy is a genius and he created a mythology that is incredibly compelling and executed it in an extraordinary way. 'T2' was the beginning of digital special effects. We'd seen little bits of pieces of it but that was really the first movie. Remember that movie, whenever there was a big effect, the movie literally stopped so the audience could go 'Ooh, ahh' as the effect happened. Nowadays, that stuff's a dime a dozen. I think audiences frankly are kind of burnt out on people running up on ceilings and doing triple somersaults. We've seen all that stuff and I'm making the bet that people hopefully just want to go see the story."

With his emphasis on story over effects, Mostow seeks to make a film that will defy expectations. "I think the biggest problem we have is whatever expectations people bring to the theater when they come because sequelitis is about bigger and better and generally speaking, in Hollywood, sequels usually just mean bigger and not necessarily better. So, my focus, I think of myself more as a storyteller and I just come to it with a story that you go, 'Wow, cool, that's close to a place that I didn't know what was going to happen.' That's ultimately the best movie in my book, when we just don't know what's going to happen next. That's a huge part of it and again, there's a lot of special effects movies out there. What's always been great about the 'Terminator' movies is that they have great stories and that's really where we had to start from. Then all the other stuff is the bells and whistles of filmmaking."

"T3: Rise of the Machines" is aiming for a Summer 2003 release.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Too bad....

Movie News
    Del Toro will not direct BLADE 3
    He’ll be working on HELLBOY instead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Wednesday, May 15, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
    By: News Editor
    Source: SciFi Wire

Despite voicing several times he’d like to direct the third and final BLADE film, Guillermo Del Toro will be unable to helm the film.

Reason being, Del Toro will be directing his adaptation of the comic book HELLBOY, and New Line Cinemas is hoping to get BLADE 3 before the cameras around the same time he’d be doing BOY.

"I will not do BLADE 3, because they're going to go at the same time," Del Toro said about the news. "I had to choose, and I had no problem choosing."

Hellboy will be cool, though.

[ May 15, 2002 at 07:56 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

NEWS - Morissette, Deftones Get 'High' For DVD
    05/15/2002

(5/15/02, 1 p.m. ET) -- Episodes of the music/travel television series Music In High Places featuring Alanis Morissette and the Deftones will be released in DVD and VHS formats on August 27 from Image Entertainment.

Morissette traveled to the Navajo Nation's Canyon de Chelly National Monument in Arizona for her appearance, which originally aired on DirecTV in October 2000. The DVD captures the famed singer-songwriter touring the monument and performing such songs as "Ironic," "Uninvited," "Baba," "I Was Hoping," and "That Would Be Good."

Heavy rockers the Deftones are documented on Hawaii's Big Island performing acoustic versions of tracks including "Knife Party," "Digital Bath," "Change," "Headup," "Be Quiet And Drive," and "Around The Fur." The Deftones' DVD also features bonus behind-the-scenes footage and interviews.

Previous Music In High Places DVD/VHS releases include Brian McKnight in Brazil, Sugar Ray in Australia, and BBMak in Vietnam.

-- Neal Weiss, Los Angeles