Fraulines und Kinder First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Panzer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hope it's OK for me to post this here.

Help Daisy The Burned Dog
    "When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem." -- Edward Abbey

http://www.hsnt.net

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/3591257.htm

Daisy is a 10 month old dog who was a'ramblin around her neighborhood and happened to wander into a neighbor's yard. Said neighbor didn't much appreciate Daisy's presence, so after a few unsuccessful attempt to shoo her off his property, he got another bright idea. And so, he doused Daisy with gasoline and set her on fire.
    Fort Worth Police responded to the scene, and called the Humane Society of North Texas, who took ownership of the dog. She was then transferred to a 24-hour veterinary hospital, where she remains, in very guarded health.
    Her feet and lower legs must stay bandaged, except for swirling hot tub sessions. Dead and dying tissue has to be massaged and scrubbed from her body after it's softened by the sessions in swirling hot tub. Ointment that should stimulate the tissue to regrow and help fiight infection is applied, followed by yet another bandage. She's in such bad shape that even the lifesaving medicines she needs so desperately can cause her harm in the long run -- the antibiotics she is being treated with to fend off a lethal infection are so powerful she has to be constantly monitored for damage to her kidneys (renal failure). The fire burned all the tissue around her ears and eyes, including her cornea. The vets are still concerned that she may never completely regain her eyesight.
    As a testament to this dog's unbreakable spirit and willingness to please, less than two weeks after this encounter with unspeakable cruelty, Daisy is up and walking (on burned paws) under her own power, managing to eat and drink for herself, and even managed a tail wag from time to time.
    Jamey Cantrell, the operations manager for the Humane Society of North Texas since last week wrote the following,
    "Daisy is still in critical condition at a 24-hour emergency veterinary hospital. She is eating and drinking on her own, however there is still the possibility of renal failure and/or a lethal infection. We are praying that she will make a full recovery, but that is not certain at this time.

There is no way for us to accurately estimate her veterinary bills at this time. She will be in the hospital for a long time, but she could also need numerous skin grafts before she is fully healed. We had a similar case in 1997 and that dog's vet bills added up to well over $8,000. I wouldn't be surprised if Daisy's bills were that much or even more. Any amount you can help us raise will be greatly appreciated.

You can refer your people to our website to get more information.

Thank you for your help,
    Jamey Cantrell
    Operations Director "

You can donate money to them via two ways...

1. The easiest of course is via Paypal using this link...
    https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=hsnt@hsnt.net

or
    2. Send a check via US Mail to...
    Humane Society of North Texas
    ATTENTION: DAISY c/o HSNT
    1840 E. Lancaster Avenue
    Ft. Worth, Texas 76103

The site where I saw this info has raised over $6,500 so far. I will update here when I see new figures. - Schultz
    Musical equipment I own dat legitimizes mein post. Tuba, clarinet, und electric glockenspiel.<br />Der Lord liebt einen beschäftigten Mann. Nicht vertrauen whitey. Sehen ein Doktor und erhalten gereinigt es.<br /><br />"You're a towel!" - Towelie

Test5150
    Uh....'scuse me, but shouldn't the asshole that DID this be the one paying the vet bills?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think we need to pour gas on the guy and set him on blaze see if he likes it.
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

oh my gosh, that is so sad that, that happened to a dog!
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Pasadena Murdock:
    I'll bring the gas if you'll bring the lighter. That fucker needs a heavy does of some torture, t5 style. Fuckin' piece of shit. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Stuff like this makes me want to cry. This is a prime example of how fucked up some of the human race truly is. How anyone could do something like this to an animal is totally beyond me. We need to have stiffer penalties for people that committ these type of crimes against animals maybe then we can send a strong message that this type of shit will not be tolerated. Sending a prayer out to Daisy.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I won't donate shit to a fund for the medical fees, but you give me a link for a legal fund to file a suit against the guy who did it for the medical fees...

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fraulines und Kinder First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Panzer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As far as justice.........I'm all for that. So far what is known about the mental smurf who did this is the following.
    Mr. Robert Aretz Lindsay
    age 50
    Homan Avenue
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Musical equipment I own dat legitimizes mein post. Tuba, clarinet, und electric glockenspiel.<br />Der Lord liebt einen beschäftigten Mann. Nicht vertrauen whitey. Sehen ein Doktor und erhalten gereinigt es.<br /><br />"You're a towel!" - Towelie

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What an evil mother fucker. I detest people who abuse any animal. I hope that dog can recover..........

My girlfriend does a lot of volunteer work for the humane society and she told me countless numbers of horror stories about abused animals.

People who abuse animals are also usually the same type who abuse people. Can you imagine what this shit for brains would do to a person probably?!!??!

Thanks for posting this info...........
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm writing out a check right now......I know there are a hell of alot of good people in the VH community who will do the same.......
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow, small world. I live in a suburb of Dallas and I listen to "Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket" all day, everyday. Their drive-time show, the Hardline, reported this sickening story before anyone else (to my knowledge). They are big fans of the good puppy dog and have reunited dozens of owners with lost dogs by giving descriptions and last known locations of the dogs on the air. The Hardline made a plea to their listeners, known as P1s , to donate money for Daisy's vet bills, and the last I heard they had raised well over $2000! I wouldn't be surprised if it was double that by now.
    How about this: Since the new Van Halen CD won't be coming out anytime in the near future, take that $15 and donate it to Daisy or your local Humane Society. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh yeah - STAY HARD! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Poor Dog, I know where that street is. I used to live in Ft. Worthless.
    Hardline kicks ass [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by Pasadena Murdock:
    word up!!
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

POUND CAKE
    Last Online

05.08.08 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How incredibly sad. It sounds to me like the poor animal is still suffering. Given how traumatized the poor creature probably is, it may be best to put the dog to sleep. I hope the cruel idiot who did this gets the book thrown at him!

Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

11.23.15 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by SactoFan:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pasadena Murdock:
    word up!!</font>[/QUOTE]I'm in favor of "cruel and unusual" punishment on this fucking prick.
    No president puts joy in my life, but Van Halen puts joy in my ears.

Never pet a burning dog.