Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Summit & Constantin Take Winston's Wrong Turn
    Sunday, July 28, 2002 10:48 CDT

In their first co-production, Summit Entertainment and Constantin Films have teamed to finance the Stan Winston-produced horror thriller Wrong Turn. Variety says the film is slated to begin production Aug. 6.

Eliza Dushku, Desmond Harrington, Jeremy Sisto and Emmanuelle Chriqui will portray the vulnerable yet plucky young adults who fight for their lives against a trio of horrific mountain men.

Oscar-winning F/X wizard Winston will design creature effects. Rob Schmidt (Crime and Punishment in Suburbia) will direct from a script by Alan McElroy (Spawn) and revised by Adam Cooper and Bill Collage.

Constantin will release the film in Germany, with Summit handling all other foreign sales.

[ August 01, 2002, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Movie News
    Vampire movie will SUCK
    On purpose, for once…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Monday, July 29, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
    By: News Editor
    Source: Variety

It looks like the vampire genre is going to get the SCARY MOVIE treatment, with a new comedy/horror script in development called SUCK. The film, written by Ari Margolis and James Morley, centers on a newly afflicted vampire who must fight other creepy creatures while rescuing the girl and making sure he’s not late on his bills.

Landscape Pictures has bought the script with an eye towards getting it going soon. No stars have been signed yet.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

There's a chance Director M.Night Shyamalan might do a sequel to "Unbreakable" - but he's still unsure because of the lukewarm reaction the first film got.
    While talking to SciFi Wire, Shyamalan said "I don't know (about doing a sequel). There's a lot of [fans], like when we had the first screening of Signs, these Unbreakable fanatics came out in force. And I was like, wow. They all came out. They came out with the DVDs and the posters. I was like, holy moley. And there was one Sixth Sense DVD there. And everybody else was Unbreakable. And I was like, wow. I guess there is a little cult thing going on. But that was really sweet. I don't know. I don't know. Maybe." "I would have, but I just didn't feel enough love," Shyamalan said in an interview while promoting his next movie, Signs. "That's the true answer. Most people won't give you the true answer. I just didn't feel enough love."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

METALLICA: New Song Clip Posted Online - July 28, 2002

METALLICA's official web sites, Metallica.com & Metclub.com, have been updated with video footage shot at the group's party to belatedly celebrate the launch of their new web site, which took place on Saturday, July 6th. Running just over six minutes, the video consists of an insightful interview with the three members of the band interspersed with clips of that day's events, including footage of the jam session that topped off the night. In addition to renditions of "Seek & Destroy" and "Creeping Death" (featuring the two "bass player audition" finalists performing with the band), a closing 41-second excerpt of the new song, "Dead Kennedy Roll" (i.e. "DK Roll") is included in the video. To check it out, go to METALLICA's official web site at this link.

Guitarist/vocalist James Hetfield, guitarist Kirk Hammett, and drummer Lars Ulrich had the following comments about the Launch Party (as transcribed from the above-mentioned video):

James: "A good time was had. I definitely had a great time, I was a little nervous about the whole thing, kinda reintroducing [us] to the fans, like face-to-face stuff instead of like through magazine or chats. But it felt good and it felt right and it felt like everyone was having a good time and everyone could kind of let their guard down a little bit and just, you know, give us some insight in how they were feeling. I got a lot of cool stories from people about how their lives have been affected by our music and it felt really bonding. Had a blast playing! The bass player thing was killer."

Kirk: "Yeah it was pretty fun. It was just good to be able to like play amongst all of our friends, you know, I felt really good about that, I felt that we were in a situation where, I mean, we could create some real intimacy with the fan club members, you know, we weren't really too worried about, you know, much of anything, or at least I wasn't. I was just really going with the flow of things and I just had a great time! I just want to thank everyone for just making it so fun for us. It was really, really special."

Lars: "It was just so cool to...I just really loved the interaction, feeling close to all [the fans] again, and hearing the stories, like James said, and having people here in our little home, people hanging and there was a lot of good connecting vibes, and it was just so great to play music again for people who like to be at the receiving end of that."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Under the heading of Film2Comics Hurricane Entertainment announced yesterday that they've partnered with film director John Carpenter, producer Debra Hill and actor Kurt Russell to create a new comic showcasing their infamous anti-hero Snake Plissken. Genre movie fans will no doubt recall that Plissken is the lead character in Carpenter's cult-classic Escape From New York and it's follow up Escape From L.A.

The comic series, entitled John Carpenter's Snake Plissken Chronicles, will premiere in the Spring of 2003. Tone Rodriguez, penciler on Hurricane's Violent Messiahs, from Image Comics, will provide the artwork. When asked about what he thought of Tone's sketches Carpenter responded "They’re great. We’ve got a great artist here. I grew up with comic books, going way back, and I was always interested in the art. So I’m very delighted, very delighted."

Hurricane Partner William O'Neill will write the new book. O'Neill is best known as the co-creator of the hit series Violent Messiahs and the co-creator of Chassis. Jan Utstein-O'Neill, CEO of Hurricane, adds, "We are very excited at the potential of this project and the chance to work with such esteemed talent as John, Debra and Kurt. It's not often that you get the opportunity to take such a well known and an iconic figure as Snake and explore new adventures along with his Creators."

The comic series, which begins "Early the next day..." continues the first story of Snake Plissken a once respected, highly decorated "Defender of the American Dream" who encountered a nightmare, the likes of which no one could ever image, or experience. What emerged is a man who is not a loner, but one who realizes that we are all, in fact, alone…and he is completely comfortable in this knowledge. Snake is a cool, dark and dangerous escape "Artist" - who always gets the last laugh, because he ultimately knows that the joke is on himself.

This comic book is only one part of a much larger launch that will be revealed in the coming months. The deal was brokered and packaged by Kevin Cleary and Josh Morris of ACME Talent and Literary in Los Angeles.

According to Hill, "Our goal is to brand Snake Plissken like other movie or comic book icons such as Spider-Man, Batman and Superman starting with the new Comic from Hurricane. In addition to the comic, 2003 and 2004 will see a release of novels, a Japanese Anime feature and a video game. A new DVD collection of Escape From New York will be coming out next spring from MGM. It will feature missing footage, lots of new commentary and interviews from the original 'Escapees' as well as some surprises that will make Snake fans very happy."

The first step in this launch is a "Sneak Preview" book. This book, filled with Tone's gripping art and an exclusive interview with John Carpenter, will be available for the first time at the San Diego Comic Con. Hill, who's Writing and Producing credits also include the Halloween films, The Fog and The Fisher King will be signing copies, along with Tone and William, on Friday, August 2nd at the Hurricane booth, # 1235c.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

GUNS N' ROSES To Perform At 2002 MTV MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS? - July 29, 2002

Persistent rumors indicate that GUNS N' ROSES may be part of the 2002 MTV Music Video Awards, according to www.mygnr.com.

No official confirmation has yet been made, and the MTV Video Awards web site does not mention GNR as being part of this year's festivities. In the past, MTV has always waited at the last moment to unveil the complete list of performers.

It is believed that the current speculation is partly attributable to the fact that the 2002 MTV Music Video Awards web site is displaying an unusually high number of GUNS N' ROSES photos, which in turn has led some to assume that a GUNS N' ROSES appearance may be possible at the event.

The 2002 MTV Music Video Awards will be broadcast live from Radio City Music Hall in New York City on August 29th.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

"THE OSBOURNES" To Be Made Available On DVD, Video - July 29, 2002

Miramax Films has reportedly signed The Osbournes TV series for DVD and video.

Sharon Osbourne is said to have signed the deal after negotiating directly with Miramax chairman Harvey Weinstein. "As soon as I discussed this project with Harvey, I knew that Miramax was the right home for The Osbournes, said Sharon Osbourne in a statement. "With the marketing plans for the DVD and video, it just had to be 'bleeping' Miramax."

Under the deal, Miramax will release the entire first series as well as the yet-to-be-made second series.

"The Osbournes have the perfect mix of family, music and drama we've always appreciated here at MMX," said Harvey Weinstein. "The show's incredible following, never-before-seen footage and other DVD extras will make The Osbournes a key addition to Miramax's family of DVD and video hits."

The DVD of the first season is expected to be released before the end of this year.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

"X-Men" fan favorites Colossus, Jubilee, Kitty Pryde, Siryn, Pyro, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Beast and Gambit will all show up in next year's movie sequel, a spokesperson at 20th Century Fox said.

While those colorful names may sound relatively obscure to the casual observer, for comic book fans it's a wish list of unparalleled proportions. Since the making of the 2000 original, all of the high-budget sequel's principal players have been set, from Hugh Jackman as the ever-popular Wolverine to Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen's dueling ideologues and Oscar-winner Halle Berry's newly extended role as Storm.

But to the legion of comic folks hotly anticipating "X-Men 2," it's the small things that matter most. As production continues to move forward in Canada, news has been trickling out about the flick's ever-growing list of mutants, many of them jumping from the comics to the big screen for the first time.

For more than 20 years the "X-Men" have existed on the printed page in the "Marvel Universe." It's a place that shares our cities (there's a New York but no Metropolis or Gotham), though it's also a fantasy world where the mutants of X-Men often run into heroes like Spider-Man, the Hulk and the Fantastic Four. The "X-Universe" itself easily includes 100 characters, each with their own obsessively developed, convoluted histories and intertwining, highly involved relationships.

All of this extensive mythos was distilled by director Bryan Singer in 2000's fan-pleasing "X-Men" flick, which discarded many of the complications that would have alienated newer audiences while getting all of the basics more or less right. It set the stage for "Spider-Man," which went on to shatter box-office records (see " 'Spider-Man' Breaks Box-Office Record").

Now fans are giddy with expectation to see the latest crop of their favorite heroes set to join up in "X-Men 2." Here's a rundown of who we can expect to see:
    Colossus
    Colossus is a large Russian-born mutant capable of turning himself into tough organic steel, who despite his huge muscles is also a skilled artist. Romantically linked to Kitty Pryde, Colossus was a onetime defector to Magneto's side of the fence, though he ultimately returned to Xavier's team. He'll be played by Daniel Cudmore.
    Jubilee
    Sometime sidekick to Wolverine, Jubilee is an Asian-American teen capable of conjuring explosive, blinding bursts of energy. She'll be played by Kea Wong, who has appeared on TV's "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" and "Millennium" as well as in the 2000 movie "Snow Day."
    Kitty Pryde
    Kitty Pryde is a teenager from Illinois whose power allows her to pass through objects. She adopted the name Sprite and was later called Shadowcat. Katie Stuart, late of the TV miniseries "A Wrinkle in Time," appeared briefly as Kitty in the first "X-Men" film as well.
    Siryn
    Siryn is a young Irish woman who inherited her sonic scream from her X-Men father, Banshee. The sonic scream wields a destructive force and allows her to fly. She'll be played by Shauna Kain.
    Iceman, Beast, Gambit and more
    Shawn Ashmore will return as Bobby "Iceman" Drake, and there will be small cameos, as part of a montage scene, from the blue-furred Beast and the card-throwing Gambit. And as has been previously reported, Aaron Stanford will appear as Pyro, and Alan Cumming will be Nightcrawler (see "New Mutants Added To 'X-Men 2' "). As Stanford rightly pointed out, it's important to remember that these characters will all vary at least slightly from their comic counterparts.

Fox has also confirmed that two of the first film's mutants will not be returning: Magneto henchman Toad ("Star Wars Episode I"'s Ray Park) and wrestler Tyler Mane's Sabretooth.

"X-Men 2" will see the X-Men facing a new threat that may require Magneto's help to combat. It's slated for release on May 2.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Austin Powers 4 Talk and the Osbournes
    Monday, July 29, 2002 8:22 CDT

Cindy Pearlman reports:

Nooo, baby! That's what director Jay Roach says when asked if "Goldmember" is really the last "Austin Powers" movie. "Yeah, it's true that it's been reported that 'Goldmember' is the last in the series," says Roach. "But I'll tell you that halfway through production of this film, Mike Myers and I looked at each other and said, 'What about Austin Powers 4?' "

Plot ideas? "Mike and I said, 'Hmmm, what if Dr. Evil goes into the future? I had ideas and Mike has a billion characters in his head.

"Suddenly, we were saying, 'What about Austin Powers in space?' " And one more idea that could happen? "I have an idea for a prequel," Roach says. "You'll see Dr. Evil as the ultimate cold warrior guy and, meanwhile, Austin Powers launches the British invasion."

Pearlman also mentions that not only was Mike Meyers at the shoot for the Osbournes cameo in Goldmember, but it will be featured on their MTV show in the new season.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by FH:
    "X-Men" fan favorites Colossus, Jubilee, Kitty Pryde, Siryn, Pyro, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Beast and Gambit will all show up in next year's movie sequel, a spokesperson at 20th Century Fox said.

While those colorful names may sound relatively obscure to the casual observer, for comic book fans it's a wish list of unparalleled proportions. Since the making of the 2000 original, all of the high-budget sequel's principal players have been set, from Hugh Jackman as the ever-popular Wolverine to Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen's dueling ideologues and Oscar-winner Halle Berry's newly extended role as Storm.

But to the legion of comic folks hotly anticipating "X-Men 2," it's the small things that matter most. As production continues to move forward in Canada, news has been trickling out about the flick's ever-growing list of mutants, many of them jumping from the comics to the big screen for the first time.

For more than 20 years the "X-Men" have existed on the printed page in the "Marvel Universe." It's a place that shares our cities (there's a New York but no Metropolis or Gotham), though it's also a fantasy world where the mutants of X-Men often run into heroes like Spider-Man, the Hulk and the Fantastic Four. The "X-Universe" itself easily includes 100 characters, each with their own obsessively developed, convoluted histories and intertwining, highly involved relationships.

All of this extensive mythos was distilled by director Bryan Singer in 2000's fan-pleasing "X-Men" flick, which discarded many of the complications that would have alienated newer audiences while getting all of the basics more or less right. It set the stage for "Spider-Man," which went on to shatter box-office records (see " 'Spider-Man' Breaks Box-Office Record").

Now fans are giddy with expectation to see the latest crop of their favorite heroes set to join up in "X-Men 2." Here's a rundown of who we can expect to see:
    Colossus
    Colossus is a large Russian-born mutant capable of turning himself into tough organic steel, who despite his huge muscles is also a skilled artist. Romantically linked to Kitty Pryde, Colossus was a onetime defector to Magneto's side of the fence, though he ultimately returned to Xavier's team. He'll be played by Daniel Cudmore.
    Jubilee
    Sometime sidekick to Wolverine, Jubilee is an Asian-American teen capable of conjuring explosive, blinding bursts of energy. She'll be played by Kea Wong, who has appeared on TV's "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" and "Millennium" as well as in the 2000 movie "Snow Day."
    Kitty Pryde
    Kitty Pryde is a teenager from Illinois whose power allows her to pass through objects. She adopted the name Sprite and was later called Shadowcat. Katie Stuart, late of the TV miniseries "A Wrinkle in Time," appeared briefly as Kitty in the first "X-Men" film as well.
    Siryn
    Siryn is a young Irish woman who inherited her sonic scream from her X-Men father, Banshee. The sonic scream wields a destructive force and allows her to fly. She'll be played by Shauna Kain.
    Iceman, Beast, Gambit and more
    Shawn Ashmore will return as Bobby "Iceman" Drake, and there will be small cameos, as part of a montage scene, from the blue-furred Beast and the card-throwing Gambit. And as has been previously reported, Aaron Stanford will appear as Pyro, and Alan Cumming will be Nightcrawler (see "New Mutants Added To 'X-Men 2' "). As Stanford rightly pointed out, it's important to remember that these characters will all vary at least slightly from their comic counterparts.

Fox has also confirmed that two of the first film's mutants will not be returning: Magneto henchman Toad ("Star Wars Episode I"'s Ray Park) and wrestler Tyler Mane's Sabretooth.

"X-Men 2" will see the X-Men facing a new threat that may require Magneto's help to combat. It's slated for release on May 2.
    This is going to be great, I just know it!!!

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

According to Ain't It Cool News , the Indiana Jones trilogy will be hitting DVD shelves in time for Christmas 2003!

[ July 29, 2002, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Mel Gibson Ready For Mad Max 4
    Monday, July 29, 2002 11:30 CDT

SciFi.Com spoke with Mel Gibson about if he'd like to do a Mad Max sequel:

Mel Gibson told SCI FI Wire that he's leaving the door open to appearing in a fourth Mad Max movie, mainly for the chance to work with director George Miller again. "I mean, George is somebody I have always wanted to work with again," Gibson said in an interview while promoting his upcoming SF thriller film Signs.

Gibson added, "I wouldn't miss that opportunity. I'd even work with him if we were just doing a shaving ad."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Diesel talks the Riddick Chronicles
    Monday, July 29, 2002 11:28 CDT

SciFi.Com spoke with Vin Diesel about the Riddick Chronicles:

Vin Diesel told SCI FI Wire that he is confirmed for a trilogy of sequels to Pitch Black, the sleeper 2000 SF hit in which Diesel played a convict. The first of the three follow-up movies is titled The Chronicles of Riddick. "If you're familiar with the [J.R.R.] Tolkien novels, in the same way that Hobbit is prequel to The Lord of the Rings, Pitch Black is a prequel to The Chronicles of Riddick [trilogy]," Diesel said in an interview. None of the three Chronicles will be prequels to Pitch Black, as has been rumored, Diesel added.

The three films will deal with "the universe that Riddick is involved with," Diesel said. "It's got this extensive story that [director] David Twohy's putting together. He calls it the evil Star Wars." Diesel wouldn't reveal any more specific details, but did say why he chose to stick with the Riddick franchise, while turning down further Fast and the Furious movies.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FH:

I kept looking for Gambit in the first one. They also kinda made Rouge take over Jubilee's role in the first movie I though.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by NxtVanHalen.:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FH:

I kept looking for Gambit in the first one. They also kinda made Rouge take over Jubilee's role in the first movie I though.</font>[/QUOTE]I am glad they introduced Rogue instead of Jubilee(well she does have a tiny roll in the movie), but they did make Rogue into a helpless little kid, when she is really a kcik ass babe with the powers of Ms Marvel!!!

[ July 29, 2002, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]