Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

This story makes me sad and angry!

Officials Find Calif. Child's Body
    Officials Say Child's Body Found in California Has Similarities to Missing Five-Year-Old Girl
    Wed Jul 17, 1:07 AM

STANTON, Calif. (AP) - Detectives investigating the kidnapping of a 5-year-old girl were dispatched Tuesday to nearby Riverside County, where the body of a child about the same age as the missing girl was found.

Authorities said the body is of a girl age 4 to 6 and has similarities to Samantha Runnion, who was abducted kicking and screaming outside her Orange County apartment by a man who drove up and asked for help finding his dog.

"There are enough similarities in the individual who's out there to lead us to believe that it could be Samantha," Orange County Sheriff Mike Carona said Tuesday night.

However, the sheriff said he would not have an identification of the body until Wednesday.

The child's body was found near Highway 74 on the edge of the Cleveland National Forest, about 50 miles east of Stanton. The highway is a major route between the two adjacent counties.

Samantha was snatched Monday evening from a road inside the apartment complex 25 miles southeast of Los Angeles. Her mother, Erin Runnion, wept Tuesday as she pleaded for the return of her daughter.

"She is such a sweet child," Runnion said. "We don't want vengeance, we just want our baby back."

Samantha was playing a board game with her 5-year-old friend, Sarah Ahn, when a man drove up in a light green Honda, said Orange County Sheriff's Department spokesman Jim Amormino. The girls were sitting on a short wall about 150 feet from Samantha's home.

The man got out and asked them for help finding his dog, Amormino said.

Witnesses told deputies Samantha talked to the man before he grabbed her and drove off.

"She screamed, `Help me! Tell my grandmother!'" Sarah said. "I was so scared and ran back and told my mom."

Amormino said: "The girl was kicking and screaming, trying to get away. We do not believe she knew her kidnapper."

The girl is white, with long, curly brown hair and was last seen wearing a white blouse and red checkered pants.

Erin Runnion said she didn't believe Samantha's biological father, Derek Jackson of Sunderland, Mass., was involved. "He told me he was devastated," Runnion said.

Sheriff Michael Carona said the office had contacted Jackson but did not give details.

A manhunt was under way. The U.S. Border Patrol was notified in case the kidnapper tried to cross into Mexico.

Stanton, is a heavily Hispanic, working-class city of 38,000, with a mix of industrial sites, single-family houses and apartments.

The girl's mother and stepfather were both working when she was abducted, authorities said. Her grandmother was inside the family's apartment.

"The parents are both very, very upset," Amormino said. "They have no idea who would do this."

The apartment complex that is usually full of children riding bicycles and skateboards was nearly empty Tuesday night, though some people strolled through to leave flowers on a table that has become a makeshift memorial to the missing girl.

"If that was her body they found, it's in memory of her," Hannah Diaz-Jacobs, 13, said of her offering of flowers. "If it wasn't, let's hope she comes home."

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

GGB
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yea, I was IMing FAB and my wife about this. I found out last night, but when I read the article here at work I just started to cry. I am getting tired of this stuff. It's hard to give your kids the balance of a "normal" upbringing with trust, socialization, and freedom when all you really want to do is raise them in a sheltered life so they aren't exposed to this.

It hurts.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't even begin to imagine what that poor little girl's family, especially her grandmother, must be going through right now. Anyone twisted enough to hurt a defenseless child forfeits their right to exist in our society, and proven guilty in a court of law, should hang, in public, and with alacrity.

Here's hoping they catch this diseased, cowardly fuck before he robs yet another family of a precious little life. Maybe he'll do the world a favor when he's caught and resist arrest to the point where they can just put him down like the rabid animal that he is.

If they ever need someone to throw the switch, I'm officially volunteering in advance.

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Anybody and everybody who harms a child needs to be fried!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Blueprint
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

02.17.17 @ 06:11 AM
    Liked 79 Times in 21 Posts

Although I am a lawyer and, thus, an officer of the Court (thankfully, not a criminal lawyer), I hope this guy never makes it to trial. It appears that our current criminal justice system no longer poses a sufficient deterrent to these types of sick bastards. And, unfortunately, the constitutional protection against "cruel and unusual punishment" protects these killers from the fate they truly deserve.

I'd love for this guy to be caught by a vigilante group and made to suffer more than he could imagine before dying. We need to send a message to these monsters as a community that these acts will be met with equal, if not worse, ferocity.

Forget an "eye for an eye" -- I want to take the whole fuckin' head.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    I can't begin to imagine how this family will go on and have any type of normal life after suffering such a dredful and tramatic loss. My heart goes out to them. There has been a trust fund set up in Samanthas name:

Samantha Runnion Fund
    c/o The City of Stanton
    7800 Katella Ave
    Stanton, Ca 90680

I used to live in the Townhomes where Samantha was kidnapped from. Less than 2 weeks ago I was telling a friend of mine that I was considering moving back there because it was such a good community to raise children in. No place is safe anymore... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

I'm not into violence but I'd love to watch this animal be tortured, scared, raped and beaten just to the point of death, thrown in a cell and left to die.
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

06.09.16 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Smokin' 5150:
    Although I am a lawyer and, thus, an officer of the Court (thankfully, not a criminal lawyer), I hope this guy never makes it to trial. It appears that our current criminal justice system no longer poses a sufficient deterrent to these types of sick bastards. And, unfortunately, the constitutional protection against "cruel and unusual punishment" protects these killers from the fate they truly deserve.

I'd love for this guy to be caught by a vigilante group and made to suffer more than he could imagine before dying. We need to send a message to these monsters as a community that these acts will be met with equal, if not worse, ferocity.

Forget an "eye for an eye" -- I want to take the whole fuckin' head.
    My wife and I were talking about this yesterday when I got home from work. We have a three year-old son and an eleven month-old daughter and we live about ten miles from where this girl was kidnapped. I talked about having the opportunity to take justice into my own hands by beating the fuck out of this piece of whale shit.

Remember, in 1985, when they caught Richard Ramirez, "the nightstalker?" After they released a composite sketch of Ramirez, he was recognized in an East L.A. liquor store and a bunch of men chased after him, and beat the fuck out him before sheriff deputies arrived. Hopefully the same thing will happen to this sick fuck.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

My wish is that a large group of citizens find this monster before the police do.

I'd set up a three-way death match; this bastard fights the guy who grilled the cat and the guy who set the dog on fire.

Winner gets... shot in the head.

[ July 18, 2002, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Down In Flames ]
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Brother Down understands the way of the vigilante. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.