Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

JAPAN ADDS 3 BONUS TRACKS TO NEW DOKKEN CD:
    Those that have purchased and expressed some disappointment in the length of the new Dokken album Long Way Home are not going to like this!
    The Japanese release of Long Way Home, due June June 21, adds no less than 3 extra bonus tracks - Dancin', Only Heaven Knows and Let It Be True.
    The addition of those tracks bring the album closer to 50 minutes in length. The track Little Girl has also been remixed from the version that appears on the worldwide release.

www.melodicrock.com
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Stones Ready to Roll

Band to unveil tour itinerary at NYC appearance

The Rolling Stones plan to ride a blimp into New York City's Van Cortlandt Park Tuesday afternoon to announce the details of the band's first tour in three years.
    The Stones, who launched three of the highest-grossing North American tours of all time, will mark the fortieth anniversary of their first public performance. A new studio album will not accompany the jaunt, through there are plans to release a new compilation and remaster and reissue the band's early ABKCO recordings.

MARC W. DOLECH
    (May 3, 2002)
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

May 3 - 5, 2002

Sony's Spider-Man did the unimaginable this weekend becoming the first film ever to make over the $100M blockbuster mark in just 3 days. The long-awaited adaptation of the Marvel Comics superhero brought in an estimated $114M for the studio averaging a record $31,535 in 3,615 locations! The Sam Raimi-directed feature, which carries approximate production costs of $130M and marketing costs of $50M, squashed Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone's previous record weekend opening of $90.3M from last November. The Tobey Maguire/Willem Dafoe/Kirsten Dunst/James Franco-starrer now marks the highest first day for a film in history with a Friday opening of $39.3M (beating Harry Potter's $32.3M opening day record and the film's $33.5M single day record). On Saturday, Spider-Man pulled off another incredible feat as it enjoyed an 8% boost in sales to an estimated $43.7M, beating the single day record it had just set Friday. Sony is estimating that the film will drop 29% to $31.0M on Sunday. Universal's The Scorpion King dropped to second place and far, far behind the webcrawler. The film earned $9.6M and has pushed its healthy cume to $74.8M after three weeks. Paramount's Changing Lanes garnered another $5.6M to take its total to $52.3M, while Murder by Numbers saw $3.8M for a total of $24M. The Rookie rounded out the top five with an estimated $3.3M to bring its profitable total to $65.1M after six weeks. Other openers included Deuces Wild, which didn't see much interest from moviegoers earning only $2.7M from 1,480 theaters for an average of $1,824. Also, Woody Allen's new Hollywood Ending tied for the tenth spot with Panic Room earning $2.2M from 765 theaters for a $2,876 average. Spider-Man accounted for three-quarters of the receipts for the top 12 films, $153.3M, according to tracking firm Exhibitor Relations. The total represented a 112% leap from last weekend, and a 54% jump from the year-ago weekend when The Mummy Returns opened at No. 1 with $68M.

Here are the estimated grosses at North American theaters for the Friday-to-Sunday period (in millions):
    1. Spider-Man, $114.0 million | New
    2. The Scorpion King, $9.6 million | Total $74.8
    3. Changing Lanes, $5.6 | Total $52.3
    4. Murder by Numbers, $3.8 | Total $24.0
    5. The Rookie, $3.3 | Total $65.1
    6. Life or Something Like It, $3.3 | Total $11.1
    7. Deuces Wild, $2.7 | New
    8. Ice Age, $2.5 | Total $169.2
    9. Jason X, $2.4 | Total $10.3
    10. Panic Room, $2.2 | Total $91.1

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

PRESIDENT BUSH To OZZY OSBOURNE: “OZZY, Mom Loves Your Stuff” - May 5, 2002

Ozzy Osbourne reportedly received a rousing endorsement from President Bush at this year's White House Correspondents dinner, which took place at The White House last night.

Bush apparently recognized Osbourne while giving his previously-prepared speech and paused to tell the BLACK SABBATH singer, “Ozzy, mom loves your stuff,” at which point Osbourne stood up on a chair and waved to the “wildly-cheering” crowd, according to CNN. The president then quipped, "OK, Ozzy ... Might have been a mistake."

Osbourne and his wife/manager, Sharon, were invited to the event by Fox News' Greta Van Susteren, who is said to be a huge fan of The Osbournes, the reality sitcom about Ozzy and his colorful family life

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Matrix Sequels Action Pics & Plot Details!!
    Monday, May 6, 2002 1:12 CDT

'demio121' alerted us that Time.com has posted the first pictures from "The Matrix" sequels. You can check them out at the link above!!

The magazine also visited the set and was able to uncover spoilers which you may or may not be interested. Here's several bits from their report...

Details about the further adventures of Neo have been closely guarded, but we found some clues on the set in Sydney, where the cast and crew have been working since September and are expected to wrap this summer. On a remote corner of a sound stage stand dozens of latex, life-size replicas of the dastardly Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving), all in single file. Why so many Smiths? Since the original film, Smith has learned to replicate himself (he's a computer virus), which means Neo will have to fight several Smiths at once.

Across the stage, in front of the cameras and under the lights, we find Reeves in his familiar uniform (long black coat, dark shades) at the bottom of a crater being drenched by a rainstorm manufactured by overhead sprinklers. Later, drying off in his trailer, Reeves won't elaborate on that particular shot (it takes place in a climactic battle scene in part three), but he does give the following overview of the trilogy: "The first one is about birth," says Reeves. "The second one is life; the third is death." Thanks, Keanu. Click Here for Images

[ May 06, 2002 at 03:53 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Claire Danes Replaces Bush in T3
    Monday, May 6, 2002 1:02 CDT

According to Variety, Claire Danes has replaced Sophia Bush in a pivotal role in "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines."

The trade says that Danes started work Sunday, taking over as the romantic interest of John Conner (Nick Stahl), who is now in his 20s and once again partnered with his muscular cyborg pal (Arnold Schwarzenegger) while trying to elude a more advanced TX model robot (Kristanna Loken) bent on terminating him to change the future.

Apparantly Mostow felt that newcomer Bush seemed a bit young for the part. Danes, whose deal was quickly, is 23. "This was a difficult decision because Sophia is a talented and charismatic performer," said Mostow. "However, we feel, after reviewing the dailies, that her appearance and manner play younger than what we wanted for the role. We look forward to working with Sophia on future projects."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

www.aintitcoolnews.com

Is INDIANA JONES 4 set to start production this June?
    Hey folks, Harry here... I know this may indeed sound like a lot of bullshit, but this source has been dead on right on a couple of scoops in the past... PLUS... I have a second source that confirmed that movement directly related to this project moving forward has been initiated in the production side of things. The second source, which I can't divulge was very solid on this. So take it with a tad of salt, but realize... the rumor has some pretty strong legs at this stage. Here's Buster (not the previous name the scooper has taken)...
    Hey Harry, came off the set of Catch Me If You Can this past week and I can't say who, but someone very very up there did indeed reveal that Indiana Jones 4 will not be happening as everyone thinks in 2004. It goes before camera this June! When you think about the hints, it makes sense... George Lucas saying, "if I finished episode two this week I have to start on Indy 4 next week". There is Spielberg's free time. Plus Ford not yet signed on anything for the summer. Trust me on this one, Indy 4 starts shooting soon. Call me "Buster".

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

A look at the new James Bond poster

[ May 06, 2002 at 06:10 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

In honor of the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s car will sport a black stripe under its left headlight at the Pontiac Excitement 400, and some members of Earnhardt's pit crew are planning to duplicate the look. The race takes place in Richmond, Virginia, on Sunday (May 5) [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

QOTSA Enjoying Life With Dave

Nick Oliveri counts his blessings as Dave Grohl rocks the royal family

ARTICLES
    QOTSA Confirm Tour With Grohl

After years of toiling in relative obscurity, Queens of the Stone Age have found themselves recording and playing with no less a rock legend than former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl. Grohl played on their new album, Songs of the Deaf (due August 13th) and will be behind the kit for their upcoming tour, which kicks off May 27th.
    At last weekend's Coachella Festival, a two-day celebration of rock, hip-hop and electronica held on a Polo Field smack in middle of the California desert, the new band -- which also includes Screaming Trees frontman Mark Lanegan on vocals -- proved it's no publicity stunt. As QOTSA's blustery rock exploded into the crisp air on Saturday, the crowd surged and screamed for more every time Grohl landed one of his pummeling fills or brought a song to its thundering conclusion. He ditched his shirt halfway into the set, the ultimate gesture of rock assimilation.

QOTSA singer-bassist Nick Oliveri couldn't suppress his excitement backstage.

How did the recording of Songs for the Deaf go?

Our recording was good. We just finished the new record, which is kind of a concept record that has the radio flipping between songs, like the dial on a radio. And we have different DJs -- I don't mean scratching DJs, I mean DJs talking -- announcing songs and just kind of talking shit about how a lot of stations play the same thing over and over. We're just taking a chance, having a good time. We don't get played on the radio, so I figure we should talk shit about them.

How was it working with Dave?

It's great. He's going on tour with us, joining our band and we're psyched. We're like, "You can have as many bands as you want. I have three bands, why shouldn't you?" If he's into it, which he is, I hope he stays. He's one of my favorite drummers of all time. He's got a signature beat, and I don't know many drummers that have that, you know, the "Teen Spirit" beat. That's Dave Grohl's beat as far as I'm concerned. I've never heard that beat before. I've heard it after he did it, but I never heard it before he did it. So I'd say it's his. It's amazing, dude. He's from one of my favorite bands of all time and I'm fucking counting my blessings. I haven't taken my bass home to practice in years, but I've been taking my bass home -- trying to stay strong with my fucking chops and shit.

So he's definitely onboard?

Yeah, I think he's enjoying playing drums. I think he's enjoying not having the responsibility of taking care of everyone. We're taking care of him. It's like, [he doesn't] have to write all the songs -- I'm not saying those guys don't write, I'm saying he doesn't have to do it all. He doesn't have to sign the checks. He's a great songwriter, he's a great singer and a guitar player, but he's a better drummer as far as I'm concerned. I tell him that to his face, so it's not anything I'm just talking shit about. He's one of the best rock drummers. He should be behind the kit. He should be hitting the skins. He's a madman.

How has it been hanging with Dave off-stage?

He's just a cool guy. He's a really mellow dude, man, which you don't really expect from somebody's who's done as well as him, you know? Very humble, very cool. Treats people the same level. It's an unexpected thing.

JOE ROSENTHAL
    (May 3, 2002)

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/new...15882&afl=mnew

[ May 06, 2002 at 08:24 AM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]</p>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Independence Day 2 in the Works
    Monday, May 6, 2002 9:22 CDT

Producer Dean Devlin told Sci Fi Wire that he and partner Roland Emmerich are gearing up to make a sequel to their blockbuster 1996 hit film "Independence Day."

"Roland and I, we're back to work on doing a sequel to Independence Day," Devlin said. "I think we finally found a story that we wanted to tell."

Devlin added that he hopes to assemble as many of the original cast members as possible. "I like to think that hit movies are like a cocktail, you know?" he said. "You want to try to get all the ingredients back together again and try to get the same mix. But we'll see. We'll see what we can get back. We'll try to get everyone. We'll just have to see how it plays out."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

BUSH To Split Up? - May 6, 2002

British rockers BUSH appear to be on the verge of splitting up, according to an interview with frontman Gavin Rossdale published in Kerrang! magazine.

Speaking to the publication as the band filmed a video for their forthcoming new single, "Inflatable", at London's Lambeth Liberal and Radical Club on April 16th, the singer explained that relations with guitarist Nigel Pulsford have reached an all-time low.

"I haven't spoken to Nigel in quite a while," Gavin revealed to Kerrang!. "I don't know if he's left the band or not, but it's safe to say that BUSH are definitely in a state of flux at the moment. Nigel's on a break to be with his family, so we've had Chris Trainer, who used to be in HELMET, playing shows with us all year."

Although the band have no immediate plans to call it a day, all activities will definitely going to be put on hold for an indeterminate period.

"I don't know what's going to happen with the band. It's just a case of re-appraising things and maybe working on something else for a bit. I just did some music for [infamous Brit artist] Sarah Lucas. She shot a 45-minute film of a guy getting crucified and my job was to cut it down to 15 minutes and put music to it. The film will be on a permanent loop at a gallery in London. That's really exciting."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Verhoeven Says Robocop 2003 Possible
    Monday, May 6, 2002 11:49 CDT

'Lutz' tells us that TXCN.com talked to Paul Verhoeven and discussed the recent rumor of a 'Robocop' resurrection...

It sounds like it could be sooner than we think. "I'd like to go back and do it properly, as I said, it's just a matter of time and viability" he told . Verhoeven said the sequels to Robocop and the TV series will be treated as if they 'never existed' anyway - and his film will be a "Robocop 2003" style story - following on from the events in the 1987 film. "We're talking to Peter (Weller, im guessing?) about donning the suit again. But Nancy won't be involved. They killed her in one of the sequels. A new partner is in order".

Verhoeven gave brief mentions to the Showgirls sequel that was to be as well, and to a Total Recall 2. He says everyone wants TR2, but Arnie's too busy -and says that maybe that's an idea for the guys behind the TV series of Total Recall, because they did a good job on that.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post