Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm listening/watching CBS's coverage of today's ceremonies.....says an "Alqada" website is reporting he was killed on Dec 9th during an American bombing of a cave in Afghanistan......Dan Rather thinks this is just the terrorist "teasing" us.......

I hope the fucker is long dead.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This guy is more resilient than Elvis!

"Bin Laden spotted at Baton Rouge, LA 7-Eleven, News at 11"
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:05 AM
    Liked 11,565 Times in 4,929 Posts

Well there's info you can trust, an Al Qaida web site. LOL!
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Ice Cream Man
    Last Online

02.01.07 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This same site reported that VH is going to reunite with BOTH Sammy and Dave! Alright, it must be true!

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

i hope it's true....but i don't think he's stupid enough to hang around an area being bombed...some bastards woulda hid him an' gotten the fucker out...

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Andrew at melodicrock.com reports that bin Laden is Eddie's new guitar tech. It's true! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

While I hope the fucker is dead, do you really think the spin masters or the Brass at the Pentagon will ever confirm anything. They need this guy to continue the manuipulation of the media and the American public. This "War on Terror" is the next Cold War. Why else do you think they let all this shit happen in the first place! The Military and Industrial infrastructure depends on this "Spin" to justify spending nearly 1/2 of our yearly GNP on the bloated military budget. Meanwhile, people like Jim Baker, Gearge Bush senior, Dick Cheney and the Carlyle Group makes even more money off the scam. All the while, calling anyone who questions these actions "unpatriotic." I'm a proud American, but these fuckers make me sick the way they use the death of thousands of innocent people to continue this system of greed.
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

I must be the only one who wants him alive. I'd love to see the bastard in shackles on his way to the execution chamber. Let's make an example out of him and let the rest of the middle east watch. If he is currently dead he is a martyr if we kill him he is a martyr. Either way the people over there worship the guy and want to get us. I guess I just want to personally see him pay.

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by chain:
    While I hope the fucker is dead, do you really think the spin masters or the Brass at the Pentagon will ever confirm anything. They need this guy to continue the manuipulation of the media and the American public. This "War on Terror" is the next Cold War. Why else do you think they let all this shit happen in the first place! The Military and Industrial infrastructure depends on this "Spin" to justify spending nearly 1/2 of our yearly GNP on the bloated military budget. Meanwhile, people like Jim Baker, Gearge Bush senior, Dick Cheney and the Carlyle Group makes even more money off the scam. All the while, calling anyone who questions these actions "unpatriotic." I'm a proud American, but these fuckers make me sick the way they use the death of thousands of innocent people to continue this system of greed.
    FORD, is that you?!?

Yeah, this is critical thinking at its finest. First, you say you hope Osama bin Laden is dead, which I would assume is due to him and al Qaeda being responsible for the killing of around 3,000 people on 9-11. Then you imply that the nation’s leaders are not being truthful about our efforts in the subsequent “War on Terror” in order to line their own pockets and further their own agenda, while also writing, “Why else do you think they let all this shit happen in the first place!” IMO, all these positions taken together seem to be at odds with reality. That is, unless you’re saying that the U.S. government was complicit in the terrorist attacks of 9-11 by allowing bin Laden to murder thousands of innocents so the U.S. could subsequently wage a money-making “War on Terrorism.” I think you’ve been watching too many movies and listening to too many left-wing conspiracy theorists, whose sole goal is to avoid reality even when it hits them square in the face – especially when they can embrace the anti-American propaganda they regularly love to espouse. After all, why follow logic and commonsense when people with opinions on the fringe of our society can cook up some grand conspiracy scheme to explain away the reality of a situation and create their own list of greedy American evil-doers, right?!? I’d also add that anyone who goes out of their way to say that they are “a proud American” is usually saying it to preempt and defuse the criticism they will receive for such unconventional, incorrect, emotion-based, self-loathing positions that are intellectually weak, insult the principles and intelligence held by fellow Americans, and are based significantly on jealousy for those who have succeeded in our capitalist free-market system.

You know what “makes me sick”?!? Those who disseminate their mindless, visceral drivel turning our nation’s leaders into greedy, murderous conspirators instead of directing invectives and diatribes at those that carried out the murderous acts. Why don’t you lump me and other investors into the list of “fuckers that make you sick”, since some of us had – and have continued to purchase over the past year – stocks in companies that will benefit from increased government spending on defense and homeland security?!? Yeah, I know you’ll say that regular investors like myself didn’t “let all this shit happen in the first place” -- like you ridiculously say leaders like Baker, Bush 41, Cheney, et al, did -- but we are also supposedly continuing our involvement in “this system of greed,” aren’t we?!? Nonetheless, there is no doubt that self-interests are prevalent throughout the world, but to affix that motivation for the tragedy that happened on 9-11 – and our subsequent military action -- is cynical, disgusting and beyond any reasonable interpretation of the events that happened before and since that horrible day over a year ago.

The reality is that our nation and its interests have been sporadically attacked by extremist Arab/Middle Eastern terrorists over the past 20-plus years during both Republican and Democratic presidential administrations. These attacks culminated on 9-11 last year, which were attacks evidence now shows was being planned since 1999. However, let’s not forget about the:

</font>
    • Bombing of the U.S. military barracks in Beirut in 1983;</font>
    • Bombing of the West Berlin disco in 1986;</font>
    • Bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, in 1988;</font>
    • First WTC bombing in 1993 (which only by the grace of God didn’t result in one or both towers collapsing at that time, killing 25,000 to 50,000 civilians);</font>
    • Arming of the Somalia militia by bin Laden/al Qaeda in ’93 (which resulted in the death of nearly 20 U.S. servicemen in Mogadishu when our troops were only there to feed famine-ravaged Somalis);</font>
    • Bombing of Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia in ’96;</font>
    • Bombing of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in ’98; and</font>
    • Bombing of the U.S.S. Cole in Yemen in 2000. </font>
    These are just the ones I could remember (and obviously don’t include the ones regularly perpetrated against our good friends and allies Israel). You see, the U.S. has basically been in a “War on Terrorism” for the past 20-plus years but it took 9-11 to happen before we actually started to fight back with any force. To imply that the Bush Administration “let all this shit happen in the first place” is ludicrous and patently absurd – especially considering that all the above terrorist attacks took place during both Republican and Democratic presidential administrations. Just because some powerful individuals achieved personal gain (whether it be increased political power or financial success) from the subsequent reaction to previous terrorist attacks, especially 9-11, doesn’t make the intentions of terrorists any less dangerous to our nation’s security and citizens, nor does it make our nation’s desire to defend itself in the wake of 9-11 any less valid. So, point the finger of blame at the attackers, not at the current/former leaders of the nation that has been attacked. Sometimes there are simply bad people who are motivated to kill other human beings due to their own malevolent and despicable motivations – whether it’s a serial killer targeting young women (ex. Ted Bundy), a despotic dictator killing thousands/millions of people that oppose them (ex. Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein), or a fanatical leader and financier of a worldwide terrorist group killing others who practice a different religion and live in nations with a different social and cultural structure (ex. bin Laden).
    If you want to explain away the reality of the situation by trumpeting its cause due to greed – like all anti-capitalism types like to do – then feel free. But it won’t change the fact that our country watched 3,000 innocents perish a year ago due to the actions of hate-filled, radical Islamic fundamentalists whose only desire is to kill those that think and live differently than them, especially those that are citizens of a country like the U.S. that supports democracy worldwide and has a society where hope and freedom is so prevalent. That’s the reality of the situation that I see – and I don’t have to concoct preposterous and spurious machinations based on an irrational hatred for capitalism or current/former leaders of our nation.

[ September 12, 2002, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Delighted Romeo ]
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor