Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

The New York Rangers have signed Eric Lindros to a 4 yr $37 million contract. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Pending league approval the trade will become official Monday.

This could be great for NYR or a total bummer if he suffers another concussion. I am a New Jersey Devils so whatever will be will be.

I am sure the first time (and from now on) that the Rangers play the Devils, Lindros will be certain to know where Scott Stevens is at all times. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Here's a quote from TSN in Canada;

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It is believed the base salary is about $4 million for the first season with the balance tied into insurance and incentives. The deal would become guaranteed once No. 88 completes an injury-free season.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But more importantly; [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The Rangers will host the Flyers for a preseason game on Sept. 20 and visit First Union Center for an exhibition game on Sept. 23. The two teams meet for their first regular season game on Nov. 14 at Madison Square Garden.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to say, I've never been a big Lindros fan, mostly because of the way his introduction to the NHL came, with refusing to go to Quebec. But even though I don't like the Rangers at all, I'm actually pulling for Eric to do well and stay away from the concussions. Sadly though, I think it's inevitable that he'll get hurt again.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EVH FANATIC:
    The New York Rangers have signed Eric Lindros to a 4 yr $37 million contract. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Pending league approval the trade will become official Monday.

This could be great for NYR or a total bummer if he suffers another concussion. I am a New Jersey Devils so whatever will be will be.

I am sure the first time (and from now on) that the Rangers play the Devils, Lindros will be certain to know where Scott Stevens is at all times. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh wow! Scott Stevens posts on this board doesn't he? I coulda swore I saw his name under a few posts yesterday. Oh wait, it just hit me that the dude I'm thinking of is Scott Roberts and not Scott Stevens. I better get to bed here.

[img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I am not the biggest Lindros fan but I do respect his talent. I dont think he is the be all save all that some people would like to beleive he is.

I also hated the way he came into the NHL by refusing to play for the Nordiques(sp).
    I put 50% of the blame on Clark and 30% on Eric, the remaing 20% on Erics Dad, for how things were handled in Philly. Lindros is a big fast hockey player with a major attitude that makes him a marked man, he will suffer another concusion sad to say.

There are those that put Lindros in the same light as Mario, Wayne, Messier, etc etc, I just dont see it, Lindros is good but what has he won?? I dont think he will be bringing the cup back to NY anytime soon.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm not a huge fan either, but it's inevitable. a shame for sure.
    i think he should retire, like his bro did, it will save his family a lot of grief.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

It's great so see that Lindros will be playing again! He has a lot of talent, and it will be cool to see him on the ice again next year. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Being from Philadelphia, I can tell you that I am so happy that he's out of here. Goodbye and good riddance. I think the Flyers really made out in this trade, considering that they could have easily ended up with nothing and let Eric sit until 2004. But now they've filled a couple of needs with quality players. Johnsson and Hlavac should have no problems fitting in with a team which is extremely deep, probably the deepest team in the Eastern Conference. The only lingering question for this season is the goaltending. I think the Flyers are poised to make a serious cup run, and maybe this will finally be the year we beat the Devils.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I think the Rangers are taking a huge gamble with Big E. Can't wait to see how he performs.

I am glad my Blues did not get him.

Eric could have been a dominant force, but he is concussion prone. If he can stay healthy he can be a very dominant player in the league.

Cant wait for the season to start !!

Good luck to Eric. Good luck to Philly !!

By the way the prospects that Philly got are pretty good. I think they did well for themselves on this deal.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

lindross, his dad, and bobby clarke are all pricks.

lindross will get hurt again. the rangers will lose money.

and better yet, the flyers will still suck.

lindross should have went to quebec. bet he's squirming he's not an avalanche right now.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw