Register
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Jack Ass says "Jackass" has given him a bad name.

A Montana man who legally changed his name to "Jack Ass" in 1997 has sued media giant Viacom Inc. , claiming its stunt-heavy, gross-out TV show and movie "Jackass" had defamed his character.

In a suit filed in November in Montana and posted this week on a legal Web site, Jack Ass, who said he changed his name to raise awareness about the dangers of drunk driving, claimed Viacom was "liable for injury to my reputation that I have built and defamation of my character which I have worked so hard to create."

The suit asks for damages of $10 million or more. Jack Ass is representing himself.

Jack Ass, a journeyman power lineman by trade, said he changed his name from Bob Craft in late 1997 as part of a personal crusade against drunk driving after his brother and a friend were killed in a car crash. Theirs was the only vehicle involved.

A spokeswoman for Viacom referred calls on the suit to MTV Networks, its subsidiary which aired the "Jackass" show. A spokeswoman for MTV Networks said its policy was not to comment on pending litigation.

"Jackass," the show and movie, featured outrageous stunts and practical jokes. The show ran in 2000 and 2001 before it was canceled. The movie, which came out earlier this year, made more than $60 million at the U.S. box office.

Earlier this month a New Mexico teenager died in what police said was an attempt to imitate a stunt he saw in the film. In November, a Seattle teenager suffered serious burns trying to imitate another stunt from the show.

Jack Ass runs a Web site (www.andiass.com) centered around a donkey-like cartoon character "Andi Ass," which touts T-shirts, baseball caps, souvenir beer bottles and a message of responsible drinking.

He also runs a non-profit service that sells heart-shaped markers to be placed at the sites of fatal accidents involving drivers, power line workers and for use in memorializing dead pets.

"I really want to emphasize the importance of this work," he told Reuters.
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    well he picked an appropriate name.

Judge should throw him out on his arse and hand him the bill for ALL legal costs, on both sides, all court costs, even the cost of the frigging teabags used during proceedings.

If he's stupid enough to name himself 'Jack Ass' then he deserves all the shit he getsm no matter how noble the cause. (which sounds pretty dubious in this case anyway)

[ December 31, 2002, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Goo ]
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well, this is the dumbest thing i've heard since that german cannibal penis eater dude.
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight"
    Last Online

02.07.09 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh great! Another lunatic from Montana! Believe me guys, we aren't all like this.
    "Life sucks...get a fucking helmet!" - Denis Leary<br /><br />"Here's how I come up with my song titles...say you write a song about a chandelier...the chandelier puts out light...the light is red...red is the color you're not supposed to wear around a bull...so you call the song "Cow". - Billy Corgan

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

JUMP, RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL&LOVE COMES WALKING IN
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the hulkamaniac brother says hell ya brother. i hope he gets millions off mtv. the hulkamaniac brother still has not forgave the bastards at mtv for making the hulkamniac brother want his mtv and then turning it into rap tv crap.

"RAP IS CRAP"- WEST EEXAS REDNECKS

"RAP SUCKS BROTHER"- THE HULKAMANAIAC BROTHER

"I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL"- JOAN JETT

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

souvenir beer bottles? anyone wanna buy my "souvenir beer bottles?" it'll save me the hassle of taking them over to the recycling center...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:17 AM
    Liked 1,474 Times in 899 Posts

Anybody who legally changes their name to "Jack Ass" has got to be one. Now, he wants to sue the show? How about I sue him because I have an ass and I think he is defaming asses around the world. Damn, I had too much tequila last night.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.24.06 @ 07:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a fairly common name; and I've heard of other people with the same name (in fact I get calls from time to time asking for someone else with the same name), so does that mean if I find out that one of 'em is doing some f@#ked up stuff I can sue 'em for defaming my name!?
    This guy needs to get a life and jump off of the sue happy trend that seems to be bogging down the court systems here!
    He sounds like he believes in what he's saying and doing, but changing his name to Jack Ass and then suing the show and MTV over a coincidence about a name...That's just f@#king lame!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey, you guys would not believe the crap I've gotten since I changed my name to Lord Of The Rings.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300