Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How have you been doing this season cause mine has fuckin sucked...short post but i'll be back.

------------------
    "It makes much more sense to live in the present tense" Eddie Vedder

"Their aren't that many true music fans out there and the ones that are, are usually musicians" Kurt Cobain

"I dont know whats going to happen but I want to have my kicks, before the whole shithouse goes up in flames" Jim Morrrison

[This message has been edited by RAFTER (edited December 12, 2000 at 02:58 PM).]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VHI--5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained--Humans Being
    Last Online

11.11.14 @ 08:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ditto for me! Oh well--it's good to just be out there. I can't wait to see who the first Peta freak to join this thread will be--I have my suspicions.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Rafter and Stevo, another fellow hunter here. Our Dove season was good, as always. Still have some in the freezer. We always cook a little at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Snackies as it were. LOL. Quail was weak, but not because lack of birds, just didn't get out this season as much. Last weekend Pheasant season was awfull. Real windy, and the birds just weren't flying. We might try it again this Saturday. Didn't get a chance to Duck/Goose hunt, but from what I've been told everyone had success.

What kind of hunting did you guys do this year? I was actually gone post the same thread, but figured I'd get crucified for doing so. LOL. Out.

[This message has been edited by track 5 (edited December 12, 2000 at 06:21 PM).]

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevo:
    Ditto for me! Oh well--it's good to just be out there. I can't wait to see who the first Peta freak to join this thread will be--I have my suspicions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And who could you be talking about??

Actually PETA kicked me out because they caught me wearing my leather shoes to Mc Donalds.

As far as my views on hunting, I fail to see the "sport" in blowing away some defenseless animal. I guess it was different when people did it to feed their families. Or the way the Lakota Indians and other Plains tribes co existed with the buffalo, taking what they needed to survive, but using every possible part of the animal they could. They had some respect for the life, even when they were taking it.

I don't see a lot of respect or sport in the stereotype of a bunch of drunks in camoflauge spraying doe piss all over the woods to attract the poor horny bucks. But then again, on that Fox TV special "When animals attack" the bucks got some sport out of that themselves. I laughed my ass off when I saw that video because that idiot hunter got exactly what he deserved, giving that deer a woody for nothing.

This isn't directed to anyone here personally , BTW. Hopefully none of you are this disrespectful.

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country
    EUAS 2001 : The Wrath of Roth

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

preaching the gospel of the one true Van HALEN for the redemption of a rock n roll world that's gone
    to boy band Hell.

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:00 AM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevo:
    Ditto for me! Oh well--it's good to just be out there. I can't wait to see who the first Peta freak to join this thread will be--I have my suspicions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stevo, that is fucking hilarious! How right you were - looks like one in particular couldn't resist the salt lick!

I, too enjoy being in the woods amongst them all. If I happen to bag a deer, great, but I don't have to take one to enjoy myself. I let many of them go on by. I just love to watch them.

But if he's a big ol' buck, well, that's a different story

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Holy shit!!! Fellow hunters!!!! My season was pretty good. Brought home a nice six pointer that dressed out to 153 lbs. He's been good eating!

------------------
    VHlinks: Where the possessed go to mingle........
    Don't sweat the petty things in life, just pet the sweaty things........

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:

I don't see a lot of respect or sport in the stereotype of a bunch of drunks in camoflauge spraying doe piss all over the woods to attract the poor horny bucks. This isn't directed to anyone here personally , BTW. Hopefully none of you are this disrespectful.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I totally agree with you FORD. I for one, have never ever believed in that way of Deer hunting. Now there are alot of good hunters that will use Doe scent etc on thier hunt. And they will eat all of the deer, and are true sportsman. When I did go deer hunting, I always prefered the tracking method. Drop me off, and let me TRY to track one. The DEER have the upper hand on this method, believe me. Hunting out of a truck or a blind with a feeder about 75 yards off is a piece of cake. The deer will have the condition response to the feeder. Once they hear it go off, the know that corn and food will be around it. Unfair. I tried it once, and didn't even bother to fire a shot. My granddad told me, "This isn't real hunting, go try and track one." I only shot one deer that way, and it was a thrill of a lifetime. All I do now is watch em run around, and I'll maybe take a picture or two. Now I've got family member's that will shoot a deer and have it procesed etc for people that will use the meat to feed their large families for the winter. I like bird hunting, and we'll eat every last bird I shoot all winter long. I could go on and on about this, but I'll wait till some more people chime in on this here hunting thread. Out.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I only hunt beaver, and have had a very unsuccessful season.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

did anyone guess me a anti hunting person?

my dad hunts and like you guys he eats all of his his deer.

here is the argument me and my dad have. overpopulation.

where i live there used to be a lot of farm land and open spaces. more and more is being developed, which makes me sick.

deer are being pushed out of there natural habits by greedy developers(there should open season on them).

predators are told to be killed.
    wolves and coyotes kill young and sick deer.

hunters kill too many bucks and not enough does. hunters kill healthy deers.

there shouldn't be a gun season. my dad uses a cross bow which takes more skill because you have got a yardage limitian.

if you ever watch these hunting shows, they kill goats 8 miles away on a mountain and call that hunting( yeah right).

sorry for the incohernt post,
    but hunters act like there doing us non-hunters a huge favor. i haven't hit one with my car yet.

although i've had plenty run out in front of me.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I mainly Goose and Duck hunt, its been a pretty good season so far. Our Goose season doesnt get really good until the Northerns come down from Canada and the weather gets really cold. Looking forward to January.

Any other Goose hunters ever tried Outlaw silloetts(sp)? My buddy and I bought 10 dozen last year and they are amazing. They basically are a lazer printed enhanced Photo of a Goose. The geese flock to these things, they are the best decoy I have ever owned.

------------------
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    and thats about what its worth

VoodooQueen
    I hit one on a motorcycle, does that count?

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:
    As far as my views on hunting, I fail to see the "sport" in blowing away some defenseless animal<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it's a lot of fun. Almost as fun as shooting liberals!! Can't wait 'til Spring. WNOR will hold it's annual fishing tournament here in Norfolk, VA in the Elizabeth River adjacent to PETA's national headquarters. It's always a hoot! Catch and Release - not in this tournament!!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VHI--5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained--Humans Being
    Last Online

11.11.14 @ 08:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What a guess--and you know what FORD--I can respect someone's anti-hunting opinion--especially if they are vegetarians--trust me, it's alot more humane to put an animal down with a gunshot than what they do in slaughterhouses. With that said--I honestly do respect non-hunters' opinions for the most part, and don't even try to argue with them because it's pointless--I'm more than likely not going to sway them, and they aren't going to sway me i.e Bush vs Gore or Sammy vs Dave. The people I have the problem with are the groups that are basically terrorists, that do more harm to wildlife than good--or the people that are "animal rights activists" because they think it's pc, then go to McDonalds and munch down a double quarter pounder with no regrets--fucking hypocrites! Anti-hunters will never understand why we hunt therefore I'm gonna try not to get into a hunting debate here. After all--I love animals--they taste great! I will address one argument though since its all ready been brought up--deer populations. There are more deer in the United States right now than ever--deer are very adaptable and are very capable of thriving in urban sprawl. If deer weren't hunted the effects would be more suffering and devestating than anything hunters could ever do. I've seen first hand the effects of over grazing during a harsh winter--believe me it's more gruesome than anything you'll see at a meat locker during hunting season--the only things that benefit this are crows and coyotes. All that I ask non-hunters to do is to not lump the majority of hunters with the idiots FORD was referring to--most of us are true sportsmen, and really do care about wildlife and wildlife management. Enough with this rant--I'll be back with a hunting report in a bit.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i agree with you STEVO. hunting is more humane than slaughterhouses.

i know your argument about hunters paying for land and magangement with your hunting and fishing fees.

i hear it all the time from my dad and hunting shows that he watches.

what do you guys think about elephants in circuses?

you guys might not like it but i am all in favor of burning down fur factories.

fur is a luxury item not a necessity.

and me and my dad think there should be a LIBERAL SEASON YEAR ROUND he! he!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

...Like I was saying my year has sucked so far. I've only been a few times but like someone already said its just good to be out there.
    To all you anti-hunters i would say that hunting is actually a great thing. I remember when I was a little kid some of the best times were hunting with my dad. It teaches kids a lot about responsibility, safety and shit like that.
    Anyway, we got any big duck hunters out there? I have never been a big duck hunter (mainly i stick to deer) but a buddy of mine just flat-out gave me a real nice dog earlier this year and we finally got him ready to go and its was fuckin cool. Theres nothing better than bein out there when its just you a dog and the ducks.

------------------
    "It makes much more sense to live in the present tense" Eddie Vedder

"Their aren't that many true music fans out there and the ones that are, are usually musicians" Kurt Cobain

"I dont know whats going to happen but I want to have my kicks, before the whole shithouse goes up in flames" Jim Morrrison