Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

This is one movie that lived up to the hype. The settings and computer animation are awesome. The 3 hours just seem to fly by and the film holds true to Tolkien's vision. The performances by Elijah Wood as Frodo and Ian McKellan as Gandalf are particularly outstanding. You don't have to have neccessarily read the books to enjoy the movie as the first 10 or so minutes give you a nice synopsis of the events that transpired with regards to the origin of the ring and its importance. I highly recommend that everyone check this movie out. It's AWESOME!!!! I can hardly wait for the next two flicks.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Great movie! One question...Why do the Hobbits all look like Rick Allen from Def Leppard?
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wonderful, I spent my teenage years as a geek being ridiculed and shunned, now geekdom is mainstream and I'm 30!

What's next? James Cameron directs a $400 million version of The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant?
    Look at me, I'm a famous historian - outta my way!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Floyd Rose:
    Wonderful, I spent my teenage years as a geek being ridiculed and shunned, now geekdom is mainstream and I'm 30!

What's next? James Cameron directs a $400 million version of The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant?
    <hr></blockquote>

That would absolouley KICK ASS!!!! I'm just about to Finish White Gold Weilder.... Best Book seris I ever read next to LOTR... [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    Hey!! Jokem' if they can't take a fu@k.....

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOTR is great! I've seen it twice now. I could see it again in a hearbeat! Great movie. Definitely did the book justice. Now I have to wait another year for "The Two Towers"....

~BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

04.20.05 @ 02:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<hr></blockquote>

HAHAHA! I read those books also. I fucking loved them. Thomas Covenant, the ultimate anti-hero! What an escape!

I loved the movie also. I think Ian should win the big daddy award this year for his performance. Can't wait to see the DVD and how they made this stunner!
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    RLRR LRLL

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:18 PM
    Liked 545 Times in 326 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

LOVED this movie. Lived up to the hype, but, more importantly for any big fan of the book and genre, THEY GOT IT RIGHT. I'll go see it again, I'm sure. Better win some hardware.

I'd prefer a movie based on Mary Stewart's Crystal Caves trilogy. These were probably the first adult level fantasy books I read, and they have absolutely RUINED me on any other version of Arthur and Merlin. I've tried to read other books/versions, but this one is just fantastic.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Incredible Edible Dude:
    LOVED this movie. Lived up to the hype, but, more importantly for any big fan of the book and genre, THEY GOT IT RIGHT. I'll go see it again, I'm sure. Better win some hardware.

I'd prefer a movie based on Mary Stewart's Crystal Caves trilogy. These were probably the first adult level fantasy books I read, and they have absolutely RUINED me on any other version of Arthur and Merlin. I've tried to read other books/versions, but this one is just fantastic.
    <hr></blockquote>

Hmmmm. I gotta check those out. I don't think I've ever seen a better King Arthur movie than "Excalibur".
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, 'Excalibur' is one of my all time favorite movies. A masterpiece.

Anyone else hear that the CS Lewis Narnia Chronicles are going to be made into live action movies? I read this on cnn.com. They are starting with the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe to see how it does, and going from there, but they are hoping to rival the LOTR and Harry Potter franchises in sales. I know they did low-budget PBS movies for the first 3 or 4 books, but this undertaking is supposed to be all-out.

BTW, LOTR was AWESOME!!!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by strungout:
    Yeah, 'Excalibur' is one of my all time favorite movies. A masterpiece.

Anyone else hear that the CS Lewis Narnia Chronicles are going to be made into live action movies? I read this on cnn.com. They are starting with the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe to see how it does, and going from there, but they are hoping to rival the LOTR and Harry Potter franchises in sales. I know they did low-budget PBS movies for the first 3 or 4 books, but this undertaking is supposed to be all-out.

BTW, LOTR was AWESOME!!!
    <hr></blockquote>
    The Chronicles of Narnia are on the "fast track" to be made, which isn't a good thing. I don't feel they need to rush this project to put it in the theaters! I hope some "braniac" takes the time and gets it right. LOTR was probably as faithful as you could get to the books to make it into a movie. If they wanted to do it right, they'd have to make it into a big-budget mini-series rather than 3 3-hour films. I'm still satisfied with the final product. Check out my WEEKLY Entertainment News thread for some info on the next film!

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:18 PM
    Liked 545 Times in 326 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FanHalen:

Hmmmm. I gotta check those out. I don't think I've ever seen a better King Arthur movie than "Excalibur".
    <hr></blockquote>

I agree, which is why I'd love to see a big budget multi part project on the Stewart series. I think the names are Crystal Caves, Hollow Hills, and Last Enchantment. I'm guessing my loyalty to them comes from being the first ones I read as a serious novel.

I don't think a miniseries could do any of these justice. Too limiting effects-wise, and you just can't create the right mood that you need. I think on LOTR they did very well getting everything in. We'll see how they do on the rest. I'm glad they had the balls to make it 3 hours, it really helps to develop the story.

[ December 27, 2001 at 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Incredible Edible Dude ]</p>

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mario VH:
    The performances by Elijah Wood as Frodo and Ian McKellan as Gandalf are particularly outstanding. ]<hr></blockquote>

OK I liked this movie. In fact, it is probably the best one I have seen this year. One bitch that I have is that Elijah Wood has his face frozen in an expression that looks like he is ready to crank out the grand gradu, but he can't find any t.p. for entire three hours.
    As far as Ian McKellan goes, just wait a few more months and he will really kick some ass when he gets his lightsaber.. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Anyone know why they just didn't use midgets?
    Also, the score was quite good. There is nothing worse than a shitty soundtrack that carries on for three hours.
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

04.22.12 @ 05:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by chewbaccamonkeylunch:

Anyone know why they just didn't use midgets?
    <hr></blockquote>

Judging from the Austin Powers 3 trailer that ran before I saw LOTR, Mike Myers has them all under contract.....

We haven't had any real contact with each other there because we don't like each other, Pierre, and that makes for some very colorful sparks, all right. And I've got to admit, and got to say that it's inevitable, that there would be a reunion, it's one of the most hotly anticipated reunions in the history of the sport, OK? I wouldn't be surprised if it was relatively soon, on our lifetime while our clothing is still in style hopefully! Ya know it's like my Dad said, always told me, "Don't be humble, you're not that good." Dave, November 13, 2001

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I'm planning on seeing it again this weekend. I got some movie gift certificates and LOTR is definately worth seeing again. I would love to see a television mini series based on a series of books that I'm reading by Robert Jordan. It's called the Wheel of Time and in my opinion it's on an equal level to Tolkien's LOTR. Currently their are nine books in the WOT series which would make it impossible gwt the entire series on the big screen. Apparently NBC bought the rights to it but there are no current plans on doing a mini series anytime soon.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<hr></blockquote>

Has anyone heard of any plans to make The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant into a movie??
    Hey!! Jokem' if they can't take a fu@k.....