Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Some kid hit me today on the way to work. Nailed me from behind. Waitaminnit...that didn't sound too good. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

So I'm sitting at the stoplight and I've got Poundcake Live jammed up to about 20 when all of a sudden, my head lurches forward then back and my VH tunes stop.

"What in blue blazes-??? I just got hit!" [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Luckily, no damage done to the old Grand Am (shoot! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] ) but I'm all hobbled up as I write this. My neck and back are all sore, x-rays were negative (thank goodness) but I'm gonna hurt tomorrow like h-e-double hockey sticks. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

The kid was running late to school (some Mizzou student) and guess what? He didn't have his license or insurance on him from what I could gather. The cop was really reading him the riot act and I gracefully made my way to the ER for some TLC from my wife and her doctor cohorts.

Note: This is why they say wear clean and DECENT LOOKING underwear when you drive. I had to get a shot in the butt and I was mortified to remember what pair of FotL's I was wearing. :embarrassed:

Eerily, that's now twice I've been in a car wreck while listening to Van Halen.

And how's YOUR day been? [img]smilies/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I hope you recover quickly. At least you had a little VH to help you make it through.
    America's Team...The Green Bay Packers!<br />12 Championship Titles For The Packers And Counting...<br />"Depends What We Do". EVH 2001<br />VH R.I.P. 1978-1996

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I got into a few accidents and close shaves when listening to Metallica. Weird coincidences.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

CK, that sucks, rest easy bud.

I got hit at a four way stop a couple years back. Young guy with his buddies, I could tell he just wasn't watching the road. If I hadn't been stopped there waiting for my turn, he probably would have blown through the intersection, and that could have been much worse for someone else if he had. I live in view of this intersection (an accident a literal stones throw from home) and at least a few times a year we hear tires screech and cars slam into each other.

This kid was a real idiot too, I got out of my car (shitty car fortunately) to look at the back end, and he pulled up behind me looking stupid. He leaned out the window and mumbled something about "I hit ya kinda hard eh?". No real bad damage, and like I said it was a shit car, so I just waved my hand at the guy with my best "don't even get out of your car and talk to me or I'll murder you" wave.

Take care CK, let on that you're hurt worse than you are, and ride out the pity storm at home. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    Take care CK, let on that you're hurt worse than you are, and ride out the pity storm at home. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, man, try 'n get some of that type o' healing that Marvin Gaye advocated!

Get well, man!

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune Cabo Kid. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I was in an accident just a couple of months ago, same deal, rear-ended at a stop while listening to some tunes.

Take care of yourself !! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
    So I'm sitting at the stoplight and I've got Poundcake Live jammed up to about 20 when all of a sudden, my head lurches forward then back and my VH tunes stop.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You know, the more I think about this the angrier I become. Damage a man's car, maybe even injure his neck if you must.

[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

BUT DON'T FUCK WITH A MAN'S VAN HALEN!!!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, when you mess with a man and his van halen, then it's on... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

but i'm glad that you're okay CK, definitely take it easy the next few. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Man, that sucks CK. It's good to know that you're OK, though. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] There are a bunch of reckless drivers at my school that never stop at stop signs and tailgate, so I'm always alert.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Take care CK, let on that you're hurt worse than you are, and ride out the pity storm at home. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me...I've already tried this one. Considering my wife is one of the doctor's that looked me over, she has first hand knowledge of the severity of my injuries...and she ain't buying any of that "my neck hurts...can you rub it and make it feel better" thing. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I even offered to let her take advantage of me this afternoon...completely ravage me and she gave me this bogus excuse of how she didn't want to "hurt my back and neck" business. As if!!! I told her not only would I volunteer to let her ravage me, I'd also just lay there and make it easy on her.

She STILL declined. Man, being injured sucks!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

BTW, my head and neck are KILLING me tonight! The drugs are starting to wear off and my neck is not happy right now. I better take some advice from Emeril and "kick it up another notch"! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Now I check ABC and see the Titans are losing 27-7 to the Steelers.

Grrrrr....

This is going to be a rough week, I can tell.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It hurts me to see a brother denied when he's prepared to give of himself even in a time of personal physical pain. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

man, sorry to hear that your wife isn't gonna ravage ya. oh well, good things happen to those who wait right?

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

You know, the more I think about this the angrier I become. Damage a man's car, maybe even injure his neck if you must.

BUT DON'T FUCK WITH A MAN'S VAN HALEN!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I get a witness from the congregation??? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks for the motivational words, Brother Glenn! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Y'know, inspite of getting rear-ended, I seriously thought about telling that kid to lay off the puss-rock of Limp Bizquik and try getting to school with some Van Halen. It looked to me, though, like Officer "I'm the size of a bus and could crush a punk-ass white boy like you if you don't shut up" was about to really lay into this kid.

If I'd have told him about my Van Halen getting interrupted, the kid could have realized today was his "Judgement Day". [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    [img]smilies/thumb.gif[/img]

Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    Get better Cabo Kid.

I got in an accident involveing VH once. I was high-tailing it to the record store after school to pick up OU812 the day it was released, and got hit by some other non-VH fan ding-bat not far from school.

I had to have a friend pick up the album for me. Everyone was OK, but their is no substitute for getting the new relaese yourself.
    VHLinks Fantasy Baseball Champions: 2004, 2009, 2011