Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 968 Times in 388 Posts

it was on the news here the other night. there was a truck transporting cyanide the other day in mexico and it was hijacked. i guess a couple days later they found the truck but the cyanide was gone...all 10 tons of it! i hope this has nothing to do with terrorists, it's fuckin outright scary man!

JMJ

[ May 18, 2002, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: JMJ ]
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i heard on the news tonight that there is some sort of posioning in yonkers and they said somethign about cyanide. scary
    The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says its half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says its so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it. The psychoanalyst says the cup is your mother. The punk sitting next to you also says the cup is your mother. The romance novelist says the cup is a willing receptacle to the wild gushing torrents of pure passion from the hard chiseled urn. The zen master says There is no cup. Pamela Anderson says her cups are definitely full. Me? Refill!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

vh1 , fw , 1984 & fuck
    Favorite VH Song

girl gone bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FORD was probably security guard at the time...explains a lot..

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's the story from the AP:

Truck With Deadly Chemicals Stolen

Although they haven't ruled out a terrorist link, authorities think the truck was most likely stolen for its parts (since vehicle theft for this reason is very common in Mexico). They believe that the sodium cyanide cargo will likely be dumped somewhere, which would pose a threat to the environment.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's a story about the truck being found:

Stolen truck of cyanide found abandoned in Mexico

Since no evidence was found that the sodium cyanide had been transported far from the site, authorities think a terrorist link is "unlikely." Let's hope they're right...

[ May 20, 2002, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: UnleashVH ]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

uh?....Humans Being?(tough question)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just got an e-mail on that warning all water operators. Plus a lot of info.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by Toilet Badger:
    say what? well what'd they say?

JMJ

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

[img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by JMJ:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Toilet Badger:
    say what? well what'd they say?

JMJ
    </font>[/QUOTE]Having not received that info... I couldn't say specifically, BUT they were talking about it yesterday or today on the news. Said that the Feds have notified apartment building managers to be wary of attacks on apartments (apparently some terrorist in captivity alleged pending plans to target US apartment complexes, but the threat was once again termed "Non-specific." Likewise, they mentioned a potential threat to our municipal water supplies, and that there was also information provided by terrorists in captivity on THAT front, though, again, it was termed a "non-specific threat" and warranted as fairly low on the "panic" meter. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Tell you what, I'd rather they tell ME what the threats were, and I'll determine whether or not to panic!

YOu guys remember about a month after 9/11 when a truck with dangerous gases was stolen in Wisconsin? They never did find all the cylinders from those either... someone correct me if I'm wrong. The gas that was stolen, officials claimed was done by kids looking for "laughing gas" and mistakenly stealing a highly toxic gas which could kill if inhaled. [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

uh?....Humans Being?(tough question)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not too much new info, maybe a little more specific. Like not all the sodium cyinide was taken. 67 out of 96 leaveing 29 DRUMS on the truck. Thats quite a lot, enough to do some serious damage. The e-mail also talks about the effects of sodium cyanide on humans, and the surounding inviroment. Keep the stuff out of water! If you would like the e-mail let me know. (It also states that some guy name Ford driving a Chevy might be behind it.)

[ May 21, 2002, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: Toilet Badger ]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Back in 1999 when we went to war in Kosovo I was in the Air Force, stationed at Ft. Knox. There were some warnings of possible terrorist activity, and they kicked our threat condition level up considerably. Knox went from being an open, easily accessible post to being an open, easily accessible post protected with wooden sawhorses. They were obviously thinking of bombs in vehicles, as they placed these protective sawhorses around all important buildings. What this really meant is that I had to park across the lot from the post office rather than parking near the door. But that's security for ya. [img]smile.gif[/img]

What really amazed me though is that they took no action to protect the post's water supply. We had 4 or 5 water towers with nothing to protect them other than a chain link fence. I couldn't think of an easier way to cripple an entire base than making everyone sick. One thing most people in the military do is drink a lot of water, even if most of it is in coffee.

We're more vulnerable than we think we are.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mike, that IS scary... and to think that this is the first time that they've even considered our water supply as vulnerable terrifies me even more!

I live near a nuclear power plant. It had heightened security until last month. Now, once again, anyone can walk on the property, drive right up to the door. It amazes me. What is even MORE amazing, is that not only do they lighten security, but then the idiots have a press release to announce it! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] That's like being in a ring with a pissed off bull, and wearing a red cape! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

[ May 21, 2002, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: LA ]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think they put out those press releases as a preventitive measure. If they increase security but don't let it be known that they're doing that, they might have to deal with an attack. If they announce it, whatever plans were in place to exploit a vulnerability might be scuttled. Just a different way to think of it, I guess.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's an interesting way to look at it... thanks!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

shit, last night i think it was, 3 middle eastern men were arrested near a damn in connecticut, the old stomping grounds!! they were on top of a 30 foot tall wall with video cameras. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] ?!?!

they need to secure all water facilities big time, along with the nuclear reactors

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10