Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

A few weeks ago some folks were just happy as heck that one of the Florida counties doing a ballot survey. Now that Palm Beach county has done their's, how do you guys feel?

Do we have a sock puppet for a President?

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

I can't answer that question because I have yet to see any news on this palm beach recount. I watch the evening news last night and checked both CNN and Fox News here on the internet and none of them had any info. on this topic. What did you hear(obviously something in favor of Prof. Gore) MikeL? And where can I get access to this information? I wa surprised that CNN didn't have something on this since they are a bastion for pinko leftist rhetoric.

------------------
    I'm a spark on the horizon.
    ...stayin' round here takes patience, it's like a full time occupation...

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Here ya go: http://www.msnbc.com/news/542335.asp

It'll be interesting to find out what really happened when the whole state's recount is completed in a few more weeks. Will Bush address it, or just pretend it didn't happen? What a clusterfuck.

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Gov. Racicot had a good point. You don't know what the voter intention was. Plus there is a law/rule in every state in the union that says if there is more than one vote cast on a certain topic(ie. The Presidency) then it is thrown out. It is not counted. Period. End of discussion. If we are going to recount every vote like this in Florida then we have to do it for the entire nation. Which of course is ridiculous. Once again if you punched twice it gets thrown out(not counted). The people of Florida and anywhere else in the nation who have heart-burn with this, all I have to say is: TOUGH TITTY!! Read the fucking instructions; ask questions if you have any doubts, but don't blame the system on your fuck up just because 1) your too afraid or embarrassed to ask for help 2) You didn't take your time and fucked up your ballot 3) Didn't read the instructions 4) You're a flammin' dumb-ass. In my county in Ohio we had the exact same type of ballots. I looked at; read the instructions, and properly filled out my ballot. No-one in my county is potesting the butter-fly ballot. The instructions even said if you have questions and/or need a new ballot see one of the folks working there at the voting center. But once you turn in your ballot/dropped it into the box, it's a done deal. No turning back. You made your decision and you don't get another chance. The reason we have this rule is to help prevent people/organizations from stuffing the ballot box or coercing people into changing their votes. The law was followed to the T and George W. Bush is the winner, fair and square.

------------------
    I'm a spark on the horizon.
    ...stayin' round here takes patience, it's like a full time occupation...

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The over-votes are the big number they're talking about, but the undervotes are more interesting.

Anyway you cut it, GWB is perhaps the least legitimate President in our history. Must make him feel pretty good, eh?

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    The over-votes are the big number they're talking about, but the undervotes are more interesting.

Anyway you cut it, GWB is perhaps the least legitimate President in our history. Must make him feel pretty good, eh?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I seriously doubt if my friend George gives a damn what you think. He's the one sitting in the Oval Office, not your friend Albert.

On another note.....
    I was sad as I watched Mr. Clinton board Air Force One for the
    final time. It may surprise you that this made me sad, but
    watching this part of the days festivities, I saw 21 U.S.
    Marines, in full dress, with rifles, fire a 21 gun salute to the
    outgoing President.

It was then that I realized how far America's military had
    deteriorated.

Every last one of them missed.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

good lord, again fellas?!

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Look at that Mama, she got it sstick'n in the camera maan- (I wish I had some)

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigBadBrian:
    On another note.....
    outgoing President.

deteriorated.

Every last one of them missed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!

Even if this was said about Bush it would have been funny. God, that was a good one.

Gore had more dimpled chads and over-votes, neither of which are official votes.

If ballots weren't filled out correctly, through either confusion or indecision on behalf of the voters in question, and Gore were decided to be the "winner," just how legitimate would that make him?

MikeL is right, this is a clusterfuck no matter how you look at it. People on both sides of the isle can legitimately claim illegitimacy.

(Jesus, this sounds like a Clinton paternity suit...)

I didn't give a shit a couple of weeks ago even though Bush "won" whatever county the newspapers recounted because of the "standards" the papers went by in determining just what constituted a vote. (And they went by the most liberal of standards, if I remember correctly.) I don't give a shit about this recount, either. And I'd be willing to be a fair amount of $$$ that I also won't give a shit when this is "over."

Because it never will be...

I'm out like a punctured chad.

------------------
    "Dude, he looks like Rumplestiltskien. Get back under the bridge mu-fugger!!" - An enlightened assessment after having viewed a photograph of Ray Daniels, provided by seenbad

Official Bartender Of VHForums

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigBadBrian:

On another note.....
    outgoing President.

deteriorated.

Every last one of them missed.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHOA! heh heh

A few weeks ago, I was one of the lucky few in Cook County, IL who got to vote in a primary with the new optical scanner that'll reject votes if under/overvoted, etc. Granted, there were only 2 choices for me to make, but it's a start in a place famous for dead people voting, thousands claiming theirs weren't counted, and Jesse Jackson, among other things!

The election judges made extra sure that voters knew what they were doing, and reminding voters to check the back of the ballot to ensure there were no chads of any kind; the voting booths had pictures for those who couldn't read either English or Spanish, and it worked as advertised! I'm convinced more than ever that the problem was too many stupid voters!

------------------
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I keep thinking of the guy in Mississippi or somewhere who took that ballot to his kid's second grade class...changed the adult candidate names for Disney characters and told kids to vote for their favorite with no other instructions...EVERY kid voted correctly...

------------------
    "Van Halen fans been hangin' in there for a long time...they're probably the best fans in the world..."-Sammy

"Forget all about that macho shit and learn how to play guitar"-Mellencamp

The Sacramento Kings...There is no substitute!!!

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Of course all the kids voted the right way. They're in school, and used to following instructions. Some people get nervous and feel pressure when they vote. They don't do it often, and there's some anxiety in it for them. That's just the way it is. No one wants to look like an idiot by asking for help on what should be a very simple thing. It's just human nature.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Agreed, Mike...But, I'm sure you'd agree that any 'voter anxiety' is the responsibility of the VOTER to address...It's not anyone's fault if you are afraid to ask a question...

And, aren't we ALL used to following directions? Speed limits, t.v. guides, assembling toys, making the clock on your vcr work, writing a check...

------------------
    "Van Halen fans been hangin' in there for a long time...they're probably the best fans in the world..."-Sammy

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

You bet. Those are everyday things. With repition comes comfort. Voting is something that many people do only once every four years. Long lines, stressed volunteers and workers, and a sense of having to hurry are what I'm talking about. It's fine to suggest that someone needs to say that they need help, but they may not feel comfortable bothing someone for what they think is a silly question.

There's nothing that can be done to change that. It just gets me how some folks act like a person is an idiot if they can't vote correctly. It's precisely that attitude that keeps people from asking for help.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Yeah, you have a point...However, on the other side, I'd say that as a voting age adult, you should take the responsibility for being informed when you go to your polling place...about the issues and procedures...

Now, I have never had a negative voting experience('cept when Clinton won) Voters should reasonably expect they will be met by courteous, helpful, and welcoming staffers...Of course, if not...they have the recourse of contacting the local voting commission or Secretary of State's office...

------------------

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    Of course all the kids voted the right way. They're in school, and used to following instructions. Some people get nervous and feel pressure when they vote. They don't do it often, and there's some anxiety in it for them. That's just the way it is. No one wants to look like an idiot by asking for help on what should be a very simple thing. It's just human nature.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Noone wants to look like an idiot, huh? Those dumbasses sure didn't have any problem looking totally stupid for the world to see when a whole hell of a bunch of them got on camera and started whining that the butterfly ballots were "confusing" and "too complicated." Poppycock!!! Let's call those confused little voters what they are - STUPID DUMBASSES!!!