Register
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Now that WCW is finally closing shop, what will happen to all the stars on their roster?

Goldberg's contract will be bought by WWF.

Hulk Hogan will get some WWF matches then retire and do movies.

Sting will join WWF and become champion within 6 months.

Scott Steiner's biceps will tear and he will have to retire.

Ric Flair will finally retire.

Golddust will return!!!!

Razor Ramone will battle Shawn Michaels again.

Now for the WWF.

Undertaker will retire after this year.

Shawn Michaels will be back soon.

Mick Foley will return.

The Rock will take a coupple months off to do a movie.

Big Show will be terminated.

Sable will pose nude with Chyna (o.k. I am dreaming there)

Jerry "the King" Lawler will be back. (I can't stand Paul Heyman)

'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Not sure of this, but my gut feeling is this Eddymon...

It's all a work.

We're all being had. WCW as we know it will shut down and "go dark" with the impression that it is done. Then, 2 months later, the NEW WCW comes back with a new look, flavor and appeal. New ownership, new franchise players (no pun intended toward Shane Douglas), new perspective. It's ALL about the element of surprise and perception.

I don't believe it's actually gone. I truly believe it's just a work.

...or I could be off my rocker and WCW will become nothing more than a WWF-minor league organization. Monopolies really stink. [img]null[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

wwf just bought wcw!!!!!

vinnie mac wins again!!
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

04.17.08 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Btw who did buy WCW cause I didn't think it was WWF. I mean it couldn't be closed if they were just bought or are the still up for sale?
    'Dave, how will I know that I've made it?' I tell 'em, 'When you can spell 'subpoena' without thinking about it, you made it'

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

go to prowrestling.com

They have a bunch of articles on this story. While this Monday looks to be one INCREDIBLE show, on BOTH networks, I doubt the momentumn of this mammoth merger will last too long. I hope I'm surprised by this and we're still excited about what goes on in pro-wrestling a year from now, but this just smells like a bad monopoly about to happen. What's to keep the WWF and all it's entities exciting and fresh if they REALLY don't have any competition?

I know Vinnie Mac has a vested interest in this product now, but being in corporate radio these days, I see what could very well happen.

1. Vinnie Mac / WWF buys WCW, ECW and everything related to each.
    2. The promise and expectation of new and exciting programming is given.
    3. Ratings for each show are huge...for a while. Money and Marketing are done excessivley at first for WCW, as the "new" product, but then Vince, realizing the big cash cow (WWF) may be suffering by this, pulls off a LOT of $$$ toward WCW and continues to promote his "franchise". (There's that phrase again! )
    4. Money and promotion for WCW dwindles off and those directly involved in WCW duties see ratings, momentum and morale begin to slide back down.
    5. WCW is then permanently "fixed" as the number 2 or 3 organization...with no plans ever made to make it the "top dog".

I've seen this exact thing happen to radio stations and for those on top, it's great. For the rest of us, it stinks.

"Yaaayyyy...we're number 3."
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Wow, that's... wow. Go out of town and look what you miss.

That just means WCW has been "owned" by two different organizations in the past three months above and beyond Turner, since a company fronted by Eric Bischoff was reported to have finalized a deal to take ownership of the joint and, in fact, a lot of the angles were building to that.

I'm not so sure this is good news or not.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

This will be interesting to see how they make up new crossover story lines.

Goldberg vs. Austin

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Can\'t choose just one
    Favorite VH Song

see above
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The deal with Eric Bischoff and Fusinet (I believe that's the name of the company he is with), fell through due to Turner Networks wanting to drop WCW from its programming line up. The biggest plus that WCW had prior to this whole thing collapsing was their time slots on TBS and TNT. Time Warner/AOL (the company that actually owned WCW) "apparently" wanted to go with a different type of demographic as they want TBS to become the ultimate syndication network. Who knows with TNT. Anyway, one WCW lost those time slots, the benefits that would have come along with the purchase of WCW went FLUSH. WCW lost 70 million dollars last year. That on top of losing thier TV spot was more than enough for Eric Bischoff to step away from the table. Enter Vince McMahon. I care about my parents, but if Vince was looking to adopt, I'd be first in line. A few months ago, the WWF was interested in purchasing WCW. The biggest obstacle was the WCW still had their TV deal with AOL/Time Warner and that the WWF had their deal with Viacom... two competing companies. Viacom did not want part of what they own (Viacom bought a chunk of WWFE stock in exchange for the TV deal back last summer), to be on an opposing network, so they said, "no deal." Now that WCW lost their TV deal, they were ripe for the picking.

I've been a WWF fan since I was eight. And while I'm curious as to how this will turn out, looking from a business point of view, this was a chance that couldn't be passed up by Vince. Vince McMahon/WWF has the rights to all WCW trademarks (for example, the WWF now owns the NWO). The WWF owns the entire WCW video library (even when it was the NWA back in the 80s), want to see a clip of Stone Cold Steve Austin back in the early 90s with hair on WWF TV, you can see that now. AOL/Time Warner is responsible for paying all of WCW's contracts, so if a wrestler wants to head over to WWF land, they will be forced to renegotiate their contracts. (Goldberg's current contract has him at about 3 million or so, Kevin Nash's is about 1.something million). Vince can pick and choose who he wants. In additon, AOL/Time Warner is still responsible for any pending lawsuits filed against WCW (ie. Hulk Hogan). Not only has Vince McMahon chagned the entire world of sports entertainment (fancy phrase for wrestling), but he has also destroyed his competition (for now, anyway), and he's beaten Ted Turner. Vince now owns an empire. Oh, and before I forget, you'll see WCW on TNN. I'm not sure what time slot (I've heard late Saturday night, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me).

I really think that we're not going to see a stale rehash invasion angle. I think that the WWF has learned from the blah NWO angle from a couple of years ago. I think things will become very interesting to say the least. They already have. A week ago the WWF was nowhere near purchasing WCW. What a difference a week can make.

I'm here to share thoughts my thoughts and what not on Van Halen... maybe I'll get to that.

Take Care
    "These are not them, you've captured one of their stunt doubles"

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That was interesting. Thanks dude, and welcome to the Links [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I am awesome

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.15.08 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Personally I think it's pretty cool. I mean, Vince can't make the WCW any more stale than it's been the last year or two. I think this will be good for both WCW and WWF, because EVERY wrestling fan will be watching to see what happens. People who swore off one or the other will probably end up watching both now, and the angles and storylines they can come up with are virtually limitless.

Plus, with Vince owning all the WWF and WCW/NWA footage, plus a few other markets he could get his hands on if he wanted like Smokey Mountain Wrestling...well, we might not be far from a 24-hr wrestling channel.
    I used to know this guy, he played with dolls...

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did anyone mention the fact that Vince does not own WCW, its Shane who does? Or does that even make a difference when there's no TV contract?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dude, EOTN, you do realize wrestling is fake, right? The whole "Shane owns WCW" is just a continuation of the Vince vs Shane storyline - they just decided to involve WCW on it. Sorry to burst your bubble if you didn't realize it was fiction.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Its fake? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]