Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

...for playing Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again" during Tawny-Kitaen-battered-Chuck Finley's Cleveland Indians warm-ups/batting practice!
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Sun-Times Article

[ April 19, 2002 at 01:24 PM: Message edited by: P1 ]</p>
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOL! I heard them talking about it on WCKG! That is too funny. You gotta feel for that guy though! He's done an awesome job over the years!

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Had a Van Halen friend from Australia come to visit me for a few weeks. We took him to see a baseball game, and though we missed the opening pitch, just as we sat down, he let loose with Jump! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] Couldn't have asked for a more perfect day then that! Lenny just started smiling!
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i like this part:

Stephen said it is contradictory to be fired for playing a song that ties into an opponent, since the theme of many ballpark song selections is based on a player or team.

"I do think it is flying in the face of what we are doing because we are there to entertain the fans,'' Stephen said. "I heard from fans that did enjoy it. They thought it was funny."

so yeah, you play a song that ties into the opponent, but not when the opponent is one who got his ass kicked by his washed-up, video star wife. they wouldn't think of doing the same for David Justice, who (allegedly) beat up Halle Berry when they were married. but like the Cleveland paper said, if Finley thinks the ribbing he got in Chicago was bad, wait till he gets to Yankee Stadium...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BWAHAHAHA!!!!

This guy has my sense of humour! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

[ April 19, 2002 at 01:33 PM: Message edited by: cloudieskie ]</p>
    The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says its half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says its so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it. The psychoanalyst says the cup is your mother. The punk sitting next to you also says the cup is your mother. The romance novelist says the cup is a willing receptacle to the wild gushing torrents of pure passion from the hard chiseled urn. The zen master says There is no cup. Pamela Anderson says her cups are definitely full. Me? Refill!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'd have given him a fucking raise. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 919 Posts

He'll quietly be reinstated after the Tribe leaves town...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Wolfman:
    I'd have given him a fucking raise. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Finley did the right thing by letting the bitch kick his ass.

Now he'll win the battle in court, and most likely win custody. It shows he's moral enough not to hit a woman.

As soon as Finley hits her back, he's the asshole no matter what. NO ONE will take his side after that.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by billy007:
    He'll quietly be reinstated after the Tribe leaves town...
    That's what I think!

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Pabs:
    Finley did the right thing by letting the bitch kick his ass.

Now he'll win the battle in court, and most likely win custody. It shows he's moral enough not to hit a woman.

As soon as Finley hits her back, he's the asshole no matter what. NO ONE will take his side after that.
    exactly. the local papers are saying the same thing. also, the team (players and front office) have been very supportive of Finley, no clubhouse ribbing, etc. this could have easily turned into the Jim Brown situation...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

09.20.16 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 112 Times in 74 Posts

Donor

I almost went to the game Tuesday, but went last night instead. If I was there and would of heard that song come on I wouldn't of thought it was funny, I feel bad for the guy.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ESPN

Check this out! Support for the fired DJ, and how other ballparks razz their opponents!

Who let the prudes out?
    By Jim Caple
    Page 2 columnist

Last week at Comiskey Park, the White Sox played the Whitesnake song, "Here I Go Again," when Chuck Finley and his Cleveland teammates took the field before a game. This was a subtle dig at Finley, who is in the middle of a divorce from his wife, Tawny Kitaen, the "actress" best known for having appeared in Whitesnake videos.

A subtle musical poke at Chuck Finley cost a Comiskey Park music director his job.
    This so offended some sensitive souls that the White Sox felt the need to apologize profusely to Finley and fire the music director, Joe Stephen, responsible for playing the song. Which is amazing on two counts. One, that anyone would take the situation so seriously. And two, that anyone with the White Sox could even recognize a Whitesnake song when it played.

The White Sox grossly overreacted. Rather than cause for apology, taking musical digs at an opponent is a well-established part of sports tradition. I remember when Minnesota-native Jack Morris made his return to the Metrodome after signing a three-year contract with the Blue Jays immediately after he had fulfilled his "lifelong dream" by winning the 1991 World Series with his hometown Twins. As Morris warmed up on the mound, the stadium guy played, "I Want to Be Rich."

Sure, the Finley dig took things to a more personal, questionable level after Kitaen's recently alleged kicking attack on Finley, but to fire a guy over it? Hey, lighten up.

And how would you like to be this guy, Stephen, pounding the pavement in search of another job? He may have been the world's leading talent at selecting ballpark music, but that isn't a job skill that exactly translates well into a lot of other fields.

Rather than cause for apology, taking musical digs at an opponent is a well-established part of sports tradition. I remember when Minnesota-native Jack Morris made his return to the Metrodome after signing a three-year contract with the Blue Jays immediately after he had fulfilled his "lifelong dream" by winning the 1991 World Series with his hometown Twins. As Morris warmed up on the mound, the stadium guy played, "I Want to Be Rich."

Other job-hungry applicants are representing that they've spent "Seven years rigging energy futures at Enron" and "Fourteen years cooking the books at Arthur Andersen" and "Thirty-six years training altar boys for Catholic archdiocese of Boston." And the best this man can put down is: "Music director, Chicago White Sox: Came up with the idea of playing 'Hurts Go Good' for Frank Thomas when he bats."

I suppose he could be the music director for the White House and be the guy in charge of playing "Hail to the Chief" when the president walks in. Or he could conduct "The Tonight Show" orchestra and play the appropriate theme music when a celebrity drops by the set. (And wouldn't the world be a more entertaining place if we all had our own theme songs that would play whenever we walked into a room, the way someone always played "Thanks for the Memories" for Bob Hope, "Love in Bloom" for Jack Benny and "Hooray for Capt. Spaulding" for Groucho Marx?)

Failing those two jobs, Stephen probably should apply for a gig with the Arkansas Travelers, who clearly have the right attitude about such things.

Last week, Arkansas organist Rich Pharris played "I've Been Working on the Railroad" when Tulsa's Trent Durrington batted, driving the hitter to such distraction that he twice tried to call timeout. Pharris played the railroad song because Durrington, an Australian, begged him to stop playing "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport" saying he could play anything else. Then when Tulsa manager Tim Ireland complained too much about the music, the umpire ejected him and Pharris played "Happy Trails" as he left the game.

"Why should she believe me when I told her it wasn't me."
    Now, that's the team for Stephen. Pair him with Pharris, and they would come up with so many inappropriate songs that they would need to expand to sports beyond baseball:

Phil Mickelson: The theme to "Never on Sunday" (the one that goes, "But never, ever on a Sunday, a Sunday, the one day I need a little rest ...")

Ruben Rivera: the theme from "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Ray Lewis: Shaggy's "It Wasn't Me"

Darryl Strawberry: Eric Clapton's "Cocaine"

John Daly: Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville"

Kobe Bryant/Sergei Fedorov: Maurice Chevalier's "Thank Heaven for Little Girls"

Rickey Henderson: Carly Simon's "You're So Vain"

Bud Selig: the Eurthymics, "Would I Lie to You?"

"People always told me be careful of what you do ..."

Apolo Anton Ohno: Paul Simon's "Slip Sliding Away"

Shawn Kemp: Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean (Is Not My Lover)"

Ray Allen: The theme from the "X-Files"

Andre Rison: The Talking Heads' "Burning Down the House"

Chuck Knoblauch: Britney Spears' "Oops (I Did it Again)"

David Wells: the Budweiser Clydesdale jingle

And finally, of course, Roger Clemens: The theme from "Psycho"

Jim Caple is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 919 Posts

Jim Caple rules!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree, he'll probably be re-instated - 'Sox just kicked our ass again. 'Lofton killing us .

Fuckin' Finley; now it's on to Texas, where he'll see his buddy John Hart.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hope so... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Go SOX! (Sorry Don, I can't help myself! )