Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Last night I was talking to the Wolfman about nasty bicycle accidents we had when we were little. It can be pretty funny in hindsite. Anyway, I was telling him about this one time I fell while turning the corner while riding my bike with no hands. Well he thought that turning the corner while riding a bike with no hands was impossible but I used to do it all the time. Ok, maybe not so successfully the time in which we were discussing but I did it all the time. Did any of you ever do it? Please feel free to tell us all your bicycle crazies as well!

[ July 17, 2002, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Fabulous Shadow aka VHL ]
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

GGB
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Indeed it is possible, and I used ot be quite good at it as well. When I was a dirt biker I would ride my YZ250 doing a wheelie and be able to turn it as well, but those days are long behind me. It hurts too much to fall off!

When I was 7 I was jumping ramps in a field. I jumped once, lost control of my bike, and smashed into another kid coming towards me. My nose hit the front of his bike, where the forks and the handlebars meet. I don’t know what it is called, but it is the wide part of the frame. The blood flowed immediately. I remember that I didn’t cry, but I got up yelling “F**K-S**T- F**K-S**T- F**K-S**T- F**K-S**T- F**K-S**T-“ repeatedly (was that redundant?).

I did not tell my parents until they saw me the next day (just days before they had forbade me from jumping ramps). By then one eye had completely swelled shut, the other was difficult to see out of. The colors of my eyeballs and skin was impressive. They took me to a doctor and, as you could guess, the nose was pretty busted up. He would not re-set it for fear of stunting the growth as I was not full grown.

It was not until high school that I had it fixed. My nose was HUGE, but that didn’t bother me. What did was that I was starting to have trouble breathing out of it. There was a lot of crap smashed up in back. I woke up once during the surgery…that is a story for another time…

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Too many to mention and too many scars to show.
    (No, I'm no Dave Mirra!)

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

geez...fell off during a jump, and landed with my knee hitting the corner of a cinderblock (still can see the scar on that one), got hit by a Chevy van while crossing the street, countless wipe-outs in gravel, where little pieces of gravel get embedded in the skin...

the best one-my brother and i were chasing each other around, throwing those little "poppers" at each other, you know, the little firecracker-like things you throw on the ground and they pop. i had a few of them clenched in my teeth, getting ready to grab one and toss it at my brother. i squeezed the front brake of my bike a bit harder than the back, and flew over the bars. thing is, when my head hit the ground, all the poppers i had in my mouth went off in my face...nice tingly feelings there.

saw a guy jump a ramp and his forks dropped out, and the bars came up. grabs the top tube and rides it down, worked well until the front sprocket bit the dirt...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Yes I definately remember doing that. The only bike accident that required any medical attetion that I ever had was this: I was speeding down my driveway and I tried to to do a bunny hop when I turned on the flat survace. Then I lost control and flipped on the pavement. I had those bear claw pedals on the bike and one somehow managed to gouge me right into the back of my thigh. It reuired eleven stitches. But it was funny how stupid I was trying to do what I did at that speed and going from a steep driveway to a jump to a BAM!!!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen