Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Hopefully, you all had a great holiday. These first postings will have a number of items per post so that I can easily play "catch up"! Enjoy!

ITEM! Die Hard 4 Gets a New Title?
    Tuesday, December 31, 2002 8:16 CST

According to Australia's TV Week, 20th Century Fox has a new title for the fourth "Die Hard" movie. Here's what Moviehole reports...

According to TV Week, the fourth "Die Hard" film now has an official title. Not surprisingly, it will be called "Die Hardest". The publication also talked to an insider on the production who revealed star Bruce Willis is a bit grumbly about doing the flick. "He's tired of running with guns and yelling. Bruce is keen to get it done and concentrate on more intelligent films".

ITEM!
    Weintraub Talks Ocean's Eleven Sequel
    Tuesday, December 31, 2002 9:05 CST

Entertainment Weekly spoke to producer Jerry Weintraub who says the Ocean's Eleven sequel script should be ready for director Steven Soderbergh near the end of next year (2003), promising "George and Matt and Don Cheadle and the whole gang will be back."

It was announced earlier this year that Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow Pictures had tapped Ted Griffin to write the sequel. His script for the first film gave enough edge and coolness to the stale Rat Pack original that it enticed the team to make the new film.

ITEM! An Unknown Briton to Play Superman?
    Tuesday, December 31, 2002 5:13 CST

The U.K. Times Online is reporting a rumor about Brett Ratner's upcoming Superman movie adaptation...

IT WILL go down like a dose of kryptonite at the Daily Planet but a British actor is being sought to don the famous blue tights in a film revival of America’s greatest superhero.

The makers of a £100 million film of Superman have rejected Hollywood’s leading men and turned to Britain in the search for an unknown actor to play one of the great American icons. Casting agents working on the blockbuster The Death of Superman, the first project in a new three-film franchise, have auditioned 40 British drama students and young actors in recent weeks in the hunt for the new Man of Steel.

The decision to cast an unknown dashes the hopes of some of Hollywood’s biggest stars, including Keanu Reeves, Josh Hartnett, Ben Affleck and Nicolas Cage. With less than four months before filming is scheduled at Pinewood Studios, Brett Ratner, the director, has abandoned plans to cast a high-profile star for fear of compromising the superhero’s own character. Instead, casting agents have been despatched to London, Sydney and New York to screen test aspiring young actors.

ITEM!

Possible Other Super Bowl TV Spots
    Sunday, December 29, 2002 10:53 CST

Last week it was confirmed that Universal Pictures would be unleashing a TV spot for The Hulk on the January 26 airing of the Super Bowl. Now, Filmjerk talks about what other ones we might see for superhero films...

20th Century Fox: "X2," the sequel to the 2000 film "X-Men," is another possibility for the studio, with new images not seen before. Also, "Daredevil," which opens two weeks later, looks to have a good chance of appearing at the game.

MGM: The studio has bought a slot each of the past two years, with 2001's "Hannibal" and last year's "Hart's War." This year's selection looks to be a better fit than in previous years, based on reaction to the current trailer, with the studio pulling out all the stops for "Bulletproof Monk." I'd put this as a confirmed title, but don't have full corroboration from studio sources as of yet.

ITEM!
    Mad Max 4: In an interview with First Magazine, Director George Miller spilled out the details on the film's current status: "We're almost done on the script, and we hope to get filming early in the year. Yes Mel's back on board (in response to his payment) He's worth every cent. I mean would you watch a Mad Max film without Mel?". In terms of casting - "We've a bit of a way to go there. But Mel has an idea to put Robert Downey Jnr - who I adore by the way - in a role, and I myself would love to see some of the faces from the earlier films return be it Tina Turner, Emil Minty...".

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

ITEM!

JASON NEWSTED On Split With METALLICA: 'I Didn't Feel Like The Respect Was Shown' - Dec. 31, 2002

Former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted has told MTV.com that it was primarily the band's tight control over his outside projects that caused him to leave the group in January 2001

"They have to recognize the four beings that make up this one great entity, and it wasn't like that," he said. "I didn't feel like the respect was shown. I keep chasing music all the time and they kept saying, 'Don't do that! You can't do that!' [But] that's how I live. You do whatever you do, you race cars and you raise children. That's how you live. ... I don't stop you from raising your kids or say that's wrong. Don't stop me from raising my music or doing my music."

METALLICA wouldn't let Newsted go public with his side projects, but now he's got his own label and he's unleashing nearly every note he's put to tape since 1994.

"Over the next few years we're gonna release [everything]," promised Newsted, who's recorded material with members of SEPULTURA, FAITH NO MORE and the MELVINS. "We have maybe 10 or 12 [projects] in the can for people to hear. About every couple of months we'll bring it out. It's a lot of things [that] were done up to the point where I left METALLICA."

Newsted said he's going to release the projects in chronological order, a process he's already begun with a split EP featuring IR8 and SEXOTURICA. The latter — Newsted, EXODUS drummer Tom Hunting and SEPULTURA guitarist Andreas Kisser — came together in 1995. The three IR8 tracks — featuring Newsted, Hunting and STRAPPING YOUNG LAD singer/guitarist Devin Townsend — were recorded in 1994.

"I have learned more about the business in the last 18 months than I ever did in 14 years in METALLICA," Newsted said of being the Chophouse Records honcho. "When you're in METALLICA, you've got a bunch of people working for you and you're protected as the artist. ... [It's] not just being the bass player anymore and showing up for the photos. It's like a whole damn thing — bass player, photos, songwriting, producing and record company, seeing it all the way through from start to finish."

ITEM!
    CREED Frontman 'High Out Of His Mind', Nearly Falls Off Stage At Chicago Gig - Dec. 31, 2002

CREED frontman Scott Stapp was reportedly "high out of his mind and could not sing" at the band's Chicago show at Allstate arena Sunday night (Dec. 29), nearly falling down numerous times during the performance. A CREED fan writes on the Creed Pit message board, "As soon as Stapp STAGGERED on to stage it was obvious it was going to be bad. He about fell down numerous times. Sat down through the majority of the show. Laid flat on his back and could hardly get back up. When he did get up he slammed his mic and took out his ear plugs and pack." "rocketman123" added, "My wife just called from Chicago and said Scott was so drunk he fell and left the stage several times. She was really sad to see him like that and said a lot of pitters just couldn't believe what they saw."

Another source sent the following message to BLABBERMOUTH.NET: "My friends went to the CREED concert last night and said it was the worst show they had ever seen of this caliber. They have seen CREED half a dozen times and said last night was a departure from their usually stellar performances. Apparently Scott Stapp was high out of his mind and could not sing. After three songs he was booed off the stage… Scott ran off stage and did not return for ten minutes. After finally returning, I guess he was missing all his cues and the guitar player and drummer had to cover by playing several unplanned solos. My friends said he was obviously out of his mind and could not stand let alone sing. Most of the show he either sat propped against the riser or laid flat on his back... sweating like a pig, stumbling around likening the display to the late Morrison."

Beth H writes on Metromix, "By far the worst concert I have ever attended. I was truly disappointed in Scott Stapp. I'm a huge CREED fan and for him to behavior this way makes me think that maybe he doesn't care as much about his fans as he says he does. I believe an apology and an explanation are in order!" Melissa M added, "I almost had to check my concert ticket to see what show I had come to see. I thought that maybe I was at either a STONE TEMPLE PILOTS or a GUNS N' ROSES show! This is something that I would never expect from the band CREED." Brian T commented, "It was a sad day for CREED fans. I was hoping that Scott had the flu as I heard him squeal through bullets for the opener. To everyone's amazement, it wasn't the flu. Scott was completely smashed. He forgot the words to some songs, and let the crowd sing the others. I felt bad for the other guys - they looked embarrassed as they did their best to put the pieces back together. When he walked off stage after 'Who's Got My Back', I secretly hoped they would cancel the show saying that Scott was feeling ill. The only good thing that may come out of this is if Scott goes into rehab and comes up with some new lyrics for the fourth album. This was my 3rd CREED concert and I have never been so disappointed. I send my best wishes to Scott and the guys, and hope that he can get his life back together, and find that magic and presence that made them my favorite band in the first place. Hopefully they can find a way to make it up to the fans in Chicago, especially for the first time concert goers out there."

ITEM!
    QUEENSRŸCHE's GEOFF TATE: We Are Feeling Rejuvenated - Dec. 30, 2002

QUEENSRŸCHE frontman Geoff Tate says that the band is feeling "rejuvenated" following an extended break that allowed him to release and tour to promote his self-titled solo debut last year. "It's good to step back and look at what you do in a more objective way so you can appreciate what it is you have," he told Anchorage Daily News last week.

21 years since the band's inception, 20 million records sold (allegedly) and four of five original members still with the group, QUEENSRŸCHE are planning a rebirth by performing their first show in more than a year on New Year's Eve at the Egan Center in Anchorage, Alaska.

"This is a meaningful show for us," Tate said. "It's a launch into what we expect to be a good year for us.

"And it's a symbolic get-together. New Year's shows are always very special. New Year's is something to celebrate."

QUEENSRŸCHE's forthcoming studio CD, tentatively titled "Tribe", is currently being recorded for a February 2003 release through Sanctuary Records. A world tour will follow, with several European festival appearances having already been announced for June.

ITEM!
    Son Of OZZY OSBOURNE Lands U.S. Record Deal - Dec. 30, 2002

Louis Osbourne, Ozzy Osbourne's son from his first marriage, has signed a six mix-album deal with Strictly Rhythm Records in the U.S.

The 26-year-old deep house/techno DJ from Birmingham, England is expected to release his first album for the label sometime next year.

When recently asked what his Dad thinks about what he does for a living, Louis responded, "My old man doesn't like dance music, but he once said to me he appreciates that it would probably sound great if you were loaded!!"

Osbourne, who has travelled the world extensively in the last couple of years, spreading his message of quality, underground dance music, says that the "huge amount of publicity about my family this year … has had a knock-on effect with me."

However, the media attention hasn't been all positive since family TV show "The Osbournes" became a huge MTV hit.

"The repercussions [from 'The Osbournes'' success] have been a little intrusive," Louis revealed. "Tabloid papers knocking on the door every day, trying to dig dirt on the family. The funny thing is, there isn't any dirt that hasn't already been printed. What else could they print about my old man that could be worse than previous well-documented incidents? Fuck all!"

ITEM!

SKID ROW's RACHEL BOLAN: 'We Recorded The New Album Twice' - Dec. 29, 2002

SKID ROW recorded their recently-completed album, "ThickSkin", twice in order to make sure that it was a worthy follow-up to their final release with frontman Sebastian Bach, 1995's "Subhuman Race". "We thought we were done, and then after it was mixed decided that it didn't sound like SKID ROW," bassist Rachel Bolan revealed in an interview posted at www.skidrow.com. "So we re-recorded most of it. While that was being done we wrote a couple more songs. So we recorded them. While all this was going on we were on tour. That is why it took so long."

SKID ROW are currently shopping "ThickSkin" for a label deal following their split with longtime home Atlantic Records. An early 2003 release is expected.

ITEM!

The New York Times: Fallen Ex-RATT Guitarist Fails To Get Respect He Deserved - Dec. 28, 2002

When THE RAMONES bassist Dee Dee Ramone and ex-RATT guitarist Robbin Crosby died within 24 hours of each other last spring, Ramone's passing received massive media coverage while Crosby's death was mostly ignored. An article published in the Dec. 29 edition of Sunday Times Magazine (The New York Times) attempts to get to the bottom of why the demise of Ramone completely overshadowed the demise of Crosby, "even though Crosby co-wrote a song ('Round and Round') that has probably been played on FM radio and MTV more often than every track in THE RAMONES' entire catalog."

ITEM!

JERRY CANTRELL Slams Former Tourmates CREED, Says Tour Was 'Stale' - Dec. 27, 2002

Ex-ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell, who spent a couple of months this year touring arenas with CREED, has slammed his former touring bandmates, calling them "unpersonable" and describing the experience of sharing the stage with them as "stale".

"CREED was a weird tour," Cantrell told Chicago's Pop Matters. "I mean it's kind of strange touring with both [CREED and NICKELBACK], from a personal standpoint of where I come from and what I've accomplished in my life. It's something I can't control — two bands that are doing pretty well for themselves and they requested us, and it was OK to do, but it wasn't my first choice. I would've probably rather done something on my own, but it was with a new label and new management so it was an opportunity, and we took advantage of it — for better and worse.

"Personally speaking, I had a great time with the NICKELBACK guys, who are actually real guys and a young fuckin' hot band, the whole vibe of being around that's exciting. The CREED thing was a little more stale. I just didn't find them very personable guys. I was on tour with them for fuckin' ever and I still hadn't even met 'em. When you spend two months together, you generally find some time to fuckin' say hello or whatever. It was really kinda weird in that respect. I'd never been on a tour that was that fuckin' stale on a personal level."

ITEM!

CHRIS ROBINSON On THE BLACK CROWES Split: 'It's Still Raw' - Dec. 26, 2002

THE BLACK CROWES lead singer Chris Robinson says even he doesn't know for sure if the band have officially broken up or if they're simply taking a break.

"It's like any relationship,'' he told Spin magazine for its January issue. "When it dissolves, no matter how it dissolves ... it's still raw.

The bluesy Southern rock band announced a year ago they were going on hiatus while Robinson, 36, pursued a solo career. His debut album, "New Earth Mud", came out in October.

"Last Halloween, when I walked away from the last meeting, it was kinda like, 'Well, see ya when we see ya.' Since then some people have quit," said Robinson, who formed the band with his guitarist brother, Rich.

"I love THE BLACK CROWES and I love my brother. He's one of the most unbelievably talented people I've ever met. It has nothing to do with loving him. But change is inevitable."

ITEM!

MÖTLEY CRÜE Frontman's Reality TV Debut Set For Early January - Dec. 26, 2002

The reality series "The Surreal Life", a takeoff of MTV's "Real World" featuring seven bigger-than-life celebrities — including MÖTLEY CRÜE frontman Vince Neil — sharing a house in the San Fernando Valley for ten days and ten nights, will premiere on Thursday, Jan. 9 at 9 p.m. with back-to-back half-hour episodes and settle into its regular Thursday, 9:30 p.m. slot on Jan. 16.

"The Surreal Life" brings together many pop culture icons, including Neil, MC Hammer ("Can't Touch This"), Emmanuel Lewis ("Webster"), Brande Roderick ("Baywatch"), Corey Feldman ("Stand By Me", "The Goonies"), Gabrielle Carteris ("Beverly Hills 90210"), and Jerri Manthey ("Survivor II").

Trapped without transportation, cell phones or personal assistants, they must interact with each other, share bedrooms and bathrooms, do household chores, go grocery shopping and prepare meals together. The cameras never stop rolling, so the power struggles and personality clashes are all captured on film — along with the very real new friendships.

"The Surreal Life" was originally titled "The Surreal World", but was changed to its current title after MTV and Bunim-Murray productions complained that the original title was too similar to their hit "The Real World". "The Surreal Life" is produced by Renegade Entertainment in association with Brass Ring Productions and Mindless Entertainment. A total of six episodes will air on the WB.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NEWS - New Who Album In the Works, Says Townshend
    12/27/2002

(12/27/02, 10 a.m. ET) -- The Who is planning its first studio album of all-new material in two decades, which could see release sometime in 2003, according to guitarist Pete Townshend.

Townshend will be writing some material with the only other surviving member of the group, singer Roger Daltrey, who is not known for penning any songs for the band in the past. In a posting on his official website (petetownshend.co.uk) titled "Resolution," the rock icon says, "Met with Roger last week--he had been traveling a fair bit and it was the first time we actually got to sit and talk. We had a great lunch, and a very warm meeting."

Townshend explains he is trying "to write some good pieces (I hesitate to say 'songs' in case people think I have ceased to be pretentious) for a new album. I believe it is a tough time to write new music. Even younger musicians I speak to feel burdened by what has gone before."

"I have never written quickly," Townshend adds. "I don't know how long it will take. Expect some new music to arrive in about a year, maybe later. But if I write 15 good pieces, and 10 of them make it to a new CD, we will probably find that only two or three of them will stand comparison on stage with our old hits. So--doubtful as I am that we will sell over a million records ever again--it will be a lot of work to achieve little when we look back at our first 18 years."

"I think it will be worth the time spent," Townshend says of writing with Daltrey. "I am very keen too to see Roger find some creative outlet on this future Who recording. He is full of ideas, passion and energy--he bears quite a disturbed and serious view of the world at the moment. If only I can persuade him to watch that ball."

The posting also says that the Who is "being courted by charity show organizers, and we are driven towards supporting our own familiar charity events. We are also receiving tempting offers to play festivals, and enjoying the more honest lure of having such a great band to call on whenever we feel like playing."

Townshend told LAUNCH in a previous interview that creating a new studio album by the Who after all these years might not be the same as going out on tour. "What's interesting now is for us to be able to look at that and extrapolate it back, you know, take it back and filter it back into our own experience of what the band is. But when it comes to it, what we do is we show up, we walk on the stage, and we play. And that bit so far has been easy, enjoyable, and really fun. I don't know about the studio bit--that may be easy and fun as well. You know, who knows?"

The Who's last studio album of new songs was 1982's It's Hard, though a series of 1990s reissues did see a trickling of some previously unreleased material that had been recorded in the late 1970s and early '80s, following the death of original drummer Keith Moon.

The group completed its most recent North American tour in October, which began shortly after the death of founding bassist John Entwistle in late June in Las Vegas, Nevada. Bassist Pino Palladino, a veteran of Townshend solo album studio sessions, and drummer Zak Starkey, the band's official basher since the mid-'90s, augmented the lineup. Townshend has not said if the musicians will play on the new recordings.

In other additional news, performances from the band's 2000 Teenage Cancer Trust benefit concert at London's Royal Albert Hall will be issued in March of 2003 as a two-CD set from the SPV label. The charity show, already available on a DVD release, included numerous guest singers on Who songs, including Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, Noel Gallagher from Oasis, and former Jam and Style Council leader Paul Weller. The new CD set will also feature a four-track bonus disc drawn from the Who's concert at Albert Hall in 2002, featuring the group's "I Don't Even Know Myself" and "I'm Free," plus its longtime cover staples "Summertime Blues" and "Young Man Blues."

-- Darryl Morden, Los Angeles and Gary Graff, Deroit

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

OZZY, SHARON OSBOURNE Renew Wedding Vows - Jan. 2, 2003

Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne renewed their wedding vows during a New Year's Eve party at the Beverly Hills Hotel that included hundreds of guests.

The couple got married on July 4, 1982, but delayed their 20th anniversary celebration because of Sharon's battle with colon cancer. They announced their plans in November.

Sharon wore a cream-colored wedding gown and diamond tiara as she was escorted down the aisle by her father, Entertainment Tonight said. The couple's youngest daughter Kelly served as flower girl.

Music was provided by the 1970s group VILLAGE PEOPLE.

Guests included N' SYNC singer Justin Timberlake and comedian Chris Rock, Entertainment Tonight reported.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES: New Material On The Way! - Jan. 2, 2003

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES are set to enter the studio later in the month to begin work on the material for their forthcoming album, tentatively due in late spring/early summer. "We've got a number of meetings and people coming from all over," states a message on the band's official web site. "We'll leave it at that for now. However, by the end of the month we should have a good idea as to how we plan on proceeding, and what we hope to accomplish musically and individually in the coming year. When decisions are made, we'll let you know."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

A "Friends" movie in the works?
    Let the rumous begin. With "Friends" winding down on TV, the net is a buzz that a "Friends : The Movie" is in the works. According to IMDB all six major cast members will return, and the film will have a raunchier adult slant. Apparently the idea of a film is what enticed the cast to do another season of the TV series. So what's all this raunchy stuff we can expect then?

The film antics of the New York buddies will be far more risque than the televised shows and could include sex and nudity. A studio source says, "Without those pesky American television network censors, it will be much more adult and will even include nudity." Reports suggest that hunky air head Joey Tribbiani played by Matt LeBlanc will be the one to disrobe first. The source says, "Matt has a huge female following, not to mention gay men. They will likely flock to the movie to see him bare all." Actors Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer were already willing to extend the show's award winning run but both Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston had misgivings due to their outside success in Hollywood. A source says, "They all agreed to do one more year after the movie deal was struck. They all want to be movie stars - that's why they caved in." However, the tenth season will run slightly shorter than its predecessors with only 18 episodes compared to the usual 22. All cast members will be paid $930,000 per episode and will net a percentage of the film's profits. The source continues, "They're being paid $9 million each for the film, plus a percentage of the profits and since it will likely be a major hit, they stand to walk away with a fortune."

[ January 02, 2003, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Will There Be A Men In Black 3?
    Thursday, January 2, 2003 8:55 CST

TV Guide Online spoke with producer Walter Parkes about the possibility of Men In Black 3. Apparently, the studio wants to do it:

Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones may not be done kicking alien butt just yet: Columbia Pictures is itching to re-team the duo for a third Men In Black flick, TV Guide Online has learned. "The studio wants one," confirms Walter Parkes, the producer behind the 1997 blockbuster and last summer's sequel. "We're trying to figure out the auspices of it and what to do to freshen that franchise up a little bit."

Translation: Despite grossing a respectable $190 million stateside, MIB II was a dud creatively — a fact even Parkes won't deny. "It was a heartbreaking thing," he sighs of the follow-up, which scored its biggest laughs courtesy of a talking pug named Frank. "There were many disagreements among the different principals, and what came out was not a movie worthy of the franchise."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

AC/DC's JOHNSON On DEF LEPPARD's 'X': They've Been Listening To People In Suits Again - Jan. 2, 2003

Brian Johnson, frontman for the Australian rock legends AC/DC, recently admitted that he was less than impressed with the latest effort from DEF LEPPARD — a band whose musical output he had previously appreciated and whose career he had followed with interest as a fan and as a friend.

"I know Joe [Elliott] from DEF LEPPARD," Johnson told KNAC.com. "I've suffered through their deaths and losing their homes, and I got a complimentary [copy of their new] album [entitled 'X'] sent to me, and when I heard it I just went, 'What the hell has happened to you guys? You've been listening to people in suits again. Haven't you?' "

Johnson, who recently collaborated with JACKYL on the track "Kill The Sunshine" off their latest effort, "Relentless", believes that bands like JACKYL and AC/DC perform rock 'n' roll the way it was meant to be played: as unpolished and as "pure" as possible.

" 'Relentless' is good and its raw," the singer explained. "If you don't like it, put it down and get back to GORDON LIGHTFOOT and CHRISTINA AGUILERA. It's raw stuff that gets the old soul in the boots going. That's what we (AC/DC) do... I'm not trying to pretend that we do anything better than that. It's exactly the same. I remember in the mid to late '80s, one of our record company guys came to us and said we were going to have to change . Everybody has got these lovely leather coats on... I'm not going to tell you what we said to them, but what's that got to do with music? JACKYL are the same. They're just good boys that play good music."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

IMDB reports that Brad Pitt won't be returning for the sequel to "Seven". Morgan Freeman will be reprising his role however.The action will center on Freeman's character William Somerset, who partnered Pitt in the first film, as he comes up against another serial killer - who has psychic abilities. An insider says, "The gruesome climax had previously ruled out a sequel. But bosses think they have the right script now. Brad's character will be mentioned, but he will not appear. He will be in a mental hospital."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

In the works:

A "Cheech and Chong" reunion!

Top Of The World Loss of Bowel Control's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:47 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks for the cool info FH. I bet if they do the sequel to seven, Pitt will be the bad guy. You know, he's nuts and all, blames Morgan for his wife's death. I dunno.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Loss of Bowel Control:
    Thanks for the cool info FH. I bet if they do the sequel to seven, Pitt will be the bad guy. You know, he's nuts and all, blames Morgan for his wife's death. I dunno.
    Hmmm. Interesting plot there!

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NEWS - Phil Collins Game For A Genesis Reunion
    01/03/2003

Phil Collins is game to give fans something they'd like to see: some kind of Genesis reunion. The former singer and drummer of the British band told LAUNCH he's up for recording or a performance, so it's really up to the other musicians in the famous group.

"The only thing that rules out a Genesis reunion is what the other members of Genesis want to do," Collins said. "I've talked to Tony [Banks] and Mike [Rutherford] about maybe we should never rule out doing something together again, either as Genesis or as just three writers, writing together. To me, the most, interesting possibility is the original five of us getting back together."

That original five would feature the lineup that recorded classic 1970s Genesis albums that include Selling England By The Pound and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway: Collins, keyboardist Banks, bassist/guitarist Rutherford, guitarist Steve Hackett, and original vocalist Peter Gabriel.

Collins told LAUNCH Gabriel may be the most hesitant to engage in a reunion, though he disagrees with Gabriel's perspective.

"Depending on who you talk to, you get a varying amount of enthusiasm," Collins added. "Now I think Peter, who I've read is, you know, has said, 'It's taken me 25 years to get rid of the ex-Genesis singer stigma,' he probably doesn't want to go back into it. And I kind of think that's a little off-center thinking, because, you do it as a one-off, you know, I don't see it as career-threatening."

-- Darryl Morden, Los Angeles

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

POISON Drummer To Issue Solo Album - Jan. 3, 2003

Rikki Rockett, drummer of the multi-platinum group POISON, is set to release his first solo record Tuesday, Jan. 7. The album, entitled "Glitter 4 Your Soul", contains 11 tracks of remakes of 1970's "glitter" songs by such artists as DAVID BOWIE ("Fame"), T. REX ("Rock On"), THE NEW YORK DOLLS ("Trash'), THE ROLLING STONES ("Star, Star"), ALICE COOPER ("Elected") and others. Rockett plays drums on all songs, with fellow POISON bandmates Bret Michaels and C.C. DeVille, former bandmate Blues Saraceno, Gina Shock of THE GO-GO'S, Chuck Garric of DIO, Lucy Levinsohn and Marc Minarik of LILY'S SIREN, Eleanor Academia (THE BLACK SWAN) and others recording vocals and playing instruments on the record. Rockett himself sings lead vocals on his version of "Life's A Gas" originally recorded by T. REX.

"This record is about an era of music that liberated rock to a new level of social impact and still to this day inflicts its influence on just about everyone who is involved in the ranks of rock and roll knowingly or unknowingly," Rockett remarks. "This is a salute, not a re-invention. My commitment was to record a broad range of Glitter music with today's tools, not re-invent it. It's simply my attempt to keep the music alive." The album can only be purchased off the web site, www.glitter4yoursoul.com.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Kid Rock, Metallica's James Hetfield, Ben Harper, Alison Krauss, John Mellencamp, Matchbox Twenty's Rob Thomas and others will appear on I've Always Been Crazy: A Tribute to Waylon Jennings, a new record honoring the late Outlaw Country legend, who died in February 2002. The album is due out in April.
    Honoring an iconic musician who grew up playing rock & roll, altered the sound of country music and believed that "country music and blues was about a beat apart," I've Always Been Crazy captures Jennings' different facets. The lineup includes country contributors old, new and newer (Hank Williams Jr., Dwight Yoakam and Sara Evans), heartland rockers like Mellencamp, hard rockers like Hetfield, bluegrass (Krauss), bluesy rock (Harper) and a dash of redneck rap (Kid Rock). Rock honored Jennings at the 2002 Grammy Awards with an impromptu salute and tip of the fedora during the telecast, during which no other mention was made of the past year's losses, which included Jennings and George Harrison.

The song selection on I've Always Been Crazy includes some songs written and co-written by Jennings ("Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way," "Good Hearted Woman") as well as others that he covered and popularized, including Kenny Chesney and Kid Rock's cover of Chips Moman's "Luckenbach, Texas," Travis Tritt's take on Steve Young's "Lonesome On'ry and Mean" and Krauss' version of Billy Joe Shaver's "You Asked Me To."

Jennings and his family are also represented. "This Dream" is a previously unreleased cut by Jennings and one of the last songs he ever recorded. His widow Jessi Colter has also reprised "Storms Never Last," a tune she wrote and originally recorded with Waylon. And Jennings' and Colter's son, Shooter (with his band Stargunn) puts his stamp on "I've Always Been Crazy."

The track listing for I've Always Been Crazy:

"I Ain't Living Long Like This," Brooks and Dunn
    "Luckenbach, Texas," Kenny Chesney and Kid Rock
    "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys," Sara Evans and Deana Carter
    "This Time," Andy Griggs
    "Waymore's Blues," Ben Harper
    "Don't You Think This Outlaw Bit's Done Got Out of Hand," James Hetfield
    "You Asked Me To," Alison Krauss
    "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way," John Mellencamp
    "Are You Ready for the Country," Pinmonkey
    "Lonesome, On'ry and Mean," Travis Tritt
    "A Good Hearted Woman," Phil Vassar and Rob Thomas
    "Only Daddy That'll Walk the Line," Hank Williams Jr.
    "Stop the World (and Let Me Off)," Dwight Yoakam
    "I've Always Been Crazy," Stargunn
    "Storms Never Last," Jessi Colter
    "The Dream," Waylon Jennings

ANDREW DANSBY
    (January 3, 2003)