Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Hi, I took the plunge and purchased 2 Rush tickets to the Sep 25th show in San Diego off of Ebay. But, it's been over 24 hours and I havent heard anything from the guy I bought them from, except for the directions he sent me as to how he wants the payment to be made. I have e-mailed him 3 times now asking for some info, but he hasn't e-mailed me back yet, it's been over 24 hours since the first e-mail.

This is my first ebay purchase, and im trying not to be overly paranoid because of my inexperience. But im starting to get upset. Im tempted to get ebay involved already, especially if I don't here anything by the end of the day.

Are there any Ebay pro's out there that can give me assistence. Thanks in advance.

[ June 25, 2002, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: willy4pres ]

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.27.16 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet. I have bougth probably 80+ items (mostly Van Halen-related) on eBay over the last three or four years and have really only been stiffed once, and I actually got the item, it was just broken in shipment apparently.

I do not think that I have ever paid for something and never got the item. I feel some have mis-represented the item, but I always got it.

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

willy, what was the sellers grade? How many points did he have? Can you give us the link for the finished bid?

I've sold a few things and I usually get an e-mail within hours of the auction ending. I don't want to worry you willy, but it doesn't sound good so far.
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

The guy probably wants to recieve his payment first before he sends the tickets. When I have ordered on eBay they will e-mail me when they get the money order I sent them in the mail, to tell me that they are sending the item that I bought.

He should respond to your e-mails though, but he could just be busy. I would wait a few days before I contacted eBay.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

GGB
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are a lot of ways to approach this. First off, let us know what auction number it was so we can look at it. I did a search and did not see any 1st time bidders winning tics within the last few days, but my search criteria may be bad. The chances that you are out of your money are slim, but the point is you want to see the show, I am sure.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I really appreciate it.

His raiting was just a six (6). But he had not negatives.

I already sent payment from PayPal, and it has already been taken from my credit card, so as far as I know about this stuff, he has the money.

Here is the link to the purchase:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1359050297&ed=1024517 376&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOT:US:3

[ June 21, 2002, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: willy4pres ]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

GGB
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

GGB
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

PayPal is kind of like an Escrow agent. He is due the money, but it does not mean that he has it yet. He should have contacted you, but I would not worry about it just yet. You have fulfilled your end of the agreement (you did attempt to contact him). You have plenty of time to wait to see if he is a total flake. Give it a few days. eBay has some avenues to get your money back if there is an issue (they do offer some insurance by default) as well as PayPal's way of dealing with deadbeats. On top of that all, you have retribution you can take with your CC company to resolve this. I have a feeling you will get your tics.

[ June 21, 2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: tripoutski ]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

That's cool, I feel a little better now. It's not about the money, though if this guy is a freaking thief, I want it back! I really want to see this concert. Thanks for the help everyone.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

GGB
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

w4p, what's the status on this? Hope it went well.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Hey Trip, I thought it was almost taken care of but im still screwing around with it.

The guy e-mailed me back, but basically ignored most of what I was complaining about. He just said that he was sending the tickets and to enjoy the concert. I e-mailed him again Sunday to get an exact date that the tickets were being sent, but I didnt get any word back...

Until today, this guy e-mail's me back saying that he doesn't know where to send the tickets, he's not sure if he should send them to the shipping address listed on PayPal!! I e-mailed him back again saying to send it to the address listed on PayPal, and on Ebay, and then I kinda got upset in the e-mail. I just stated my point that I told him im on a tight schedule starting the 28th (as he already knows), and that it's unreasonable that im expected to wait 7 days after he recieved my payment to get my tickets, that I purchased from him, and payed $15.00 dollars for shipping.

I e-mailed some of the guys that have purchased tickets from him, just to see how it really went down, none of them had any problems with him. I think he's just pissed that he didn't have a reserve on the tickets, and they went for so cheap, $180.00 for Rush tickets, 11th row, maybe he was expecting more, and he's trying to get me to give up and demand my money back. I don't know, but im getting pissed.

As long as I get the tickets I will be happy, but starting Friday, if I don't have them in my hands, Ill start dealing with ebay about getting my cash back, and maybe I can get an address so I can kick his ass!

Do you have any more guidence man?

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

This would piss me off too. I say get the address and kick his ass. We could add him to the "Anyone want to get a crazy mob and kill this guy" thread [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

The guy has only been a registered ebay member since 5/17/02, but he has no negs. or neutrals and the auction looked very professional. I think you'll be alright. I've had over 300 transactions on ebay and have had very few problems by being careful. If their rating is less than 20, or if they have any neg. feedback, I would ask questions before bidding. Good luck!

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by willy4pres:
    Hi, I took the plunge and purchased 2 Rush tickets to the Sep 25th show in San Diego off of Ebay. But, it's been over 24 hours and I havent heard anything from the guy I bought them from, except for the directions he sent me as to how he wants the payment to be made. I have e-mailed him 3 times now asking for some info, but he hasn't e-mailed me back yet, it's been over 24 hours since the first e-mail.

This is my first ebay purchase, and im trying not to be overly paranoid because of my inexperience. But im starting to get upset. Im tempted to get ebay involved already, especially if I don't here anything by the end of the day.

Are there any Ebay pro's out there that can give me assistence. Thanks in advance.
    Out of curiousity, where are your seats located? Get back to me on this ASAP. My email addy:

os2bulldog@hotmail.com

I *might* be able to help you out on a separate issue, depending where your seats are located.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008