Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

i have this set of MJ cards from upper deck. they're the only company he sings for on collectibles. the set has 12 cards but doesn't have the name of the set anywhere on them. the cards are from the years 85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93,95,96,and 97. they all have different pics on them and they all have his signature. the backs have more pics of him along with states for that year. the fonrts of the cards also have a sub topic on there. for example, i have one of the shot where he scores his 3000th point.

any help would be much appreciated!

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:59 AM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

I've been out of collecting cards for awhile. I looked on www.upperdeck.com and their site has gotten tougher to navigate - couldn't find any info on this set. I have forgotten my passwords to Beckett.com or Tuffstuff.com, but next time you're near a book store you might want to go in and look for the latest basketball Beckett or the latest Tuff Stuff and see if you can find a listing for it in there. A sports card and collectibles shop would have them too (the magazines, not the card set) or they might know what the set is. The set is obviously from the past 5 years, that much we do know!

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

JMJ,

I collect cards myself and does the set have the upper deck hologram on them?? I've seen sets like these where they look like a regular sportcard set and worth no more than the paper they are printed on. If it doesn't come from a legit card manufacturer, they could have been printed off from a kinko's for all we know (believe me I was scammed on a bo jackson set back when I was younger)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Shit. I had a recent Beckett's here just a couple of months ago I could have set you up with current prices from, dude. Ended up trashing not too long ago. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

These guys are right though - just head to the magazine stand and look 'em up. :justbrowsingsir: [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

:justbrowsingsir: - i love that!

Is it possible for you to scan one of 'em front and back and post it up in here?

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

My brother used to be into baseball cards when he was younger. I'm not sure if he keeps up with them anymore. My dad had a stack of them from when he was young, with a mint Mantle rookie card in it amongst others.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

thanks guys. yeah, the upper deck hologram is on them.

i have them scanned. maybe i can get them posted up here.

prolly worth nothin with my luck

JMJ

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

special thanks here to my boy wolfman for helpin me get these pics up [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

here's the first 4 of the set..front view: from 85 86 87 88

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:59 AM
    Liked 11,586 Times in 4,939 Posts

Used to collect baseball cards, stopped around '95 or so. Have a fairly extensive collection, including a nice Hank Aaron rookie and lots of other stuff. I have so much Barry Bonds rookie crap that I bought before he hit it really big, be nice to get some cash for it one day.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Brett, I'd dump the Bonds stuff now while he's had his best years. No way he's going to beat his last 3 years from here on out. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

Time for a sad story now -

I collected baseball from 74 through 84, probably had 4-5 full sets for each year (Topps, that is.) When Donruss and Fleer jumped back into the market in the early 80's, I collected them as well. I also collected Football, as well as every gimmicky set you can imagine (Six Million Dollar Man, Charlie's Angels, Star Wars, Wacky packs, Happy Days, etc.)

Well, I had a bud that I collected and traded with during my later years of collecting, and we decided (inspired by a guy here who had done the same) that we wree going to go into business together and open a shop. We put our collections together as inventory. Stuipid, stupid, stupid move. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    Around our Soph year of college, we stopped hanging out as much as we used to, and I never got my stuff back. You talk about major money down the drain. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Thing is, he and his family still live here in town, and I was thinking about getting in touch and asking if he still had them. What do you guys think? It's been 15 years.

[ December 28, 2002, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Wolfman ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts

Donor

I couldn't find any info either. I use to collect football and baseball mostly from the 70 to 80's. My biggest prize possesion is Nolan Ryan rookie card.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

man it's a bitch to find these things

i think they're worth like 50 bucks ...lol

guess i'll head down to the mall this week ta get to the bookstore and browse [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Did you ever find anything out? I remembered this a week ago and thought I'd go to the source. Is is what I got back from Dennis_Rosello@upperdeck.com today:

"These cards are a special set in conjunction with gatorade made circa 1998.
    The set worth is found in the Beckett Annual Price Guide for Basketball,
    found in most bookstores..."

Hope that helps a little anyway.

[ January 13, 2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: billy007 ]