Thread: Xfl = L-a-m-e

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Man, was anybody else let down by the XFL debut?

I've seen nastier pee-wee football games. Speaking of, that's probably where the NY/NJ coach belongs - that fucker couldn't even remember his players' names, numbers, positions, etc.

I hope this thing gets better - I want to see some mondo bone-crunchin'.

------------------

*gulp* - Down In Flames

"...like falling down the stairs and landing on your feet." - Edward Van Halen describing his solos.

"And I swore to myself, I swore to myself that some day, some day...I was going to smoke joints that big." - DLR, Crazy From The Heat

Wolfman's Van Halen Shrine - http://home.earthlink.net/~theflyingwolfman

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Yeah, I checked it out. Not terribly impressed, but it did have some interesting aspects. I like the camera in the field. I like the interviewing real time from the stands. I like the nickname thing being on the jersey's, albiet most were lame (He Hate Me?).

The rules are still pretty tight. Not the hard hitting fest I was really hoping for, but it was interesting. Should be good to see what the NFL takes out of it and incorperates into itself. I dont think XFL will be a long term thing, but then again, I didnt think WWF would be as big as it is either.

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I watched just a little of it last night. I was on a bender, and that camera on the field was not my favorite thing!

I didn't think too much about the quality of the play, the announcers, the cheerleaders, or He Hate Me. Come to think of it, I didn't think too much about anything last night...

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Well I got a chance to watch a game today, and I was pleased to a degree. Like what Seen said, I did enjoy the camera's in the huddle and on the field etc. I also gotta give some props to the Bozz. I honestly think that the NFL needs more commentators like him. I mean the guy was totally jacked up the whole game. Kinda put some fun back into it. I hope that the NFL will take note on some things that the XFL is doing. Will it last? Hell the damn Arena League is going on it's 13th or so season. And no one gave it a chance. I'll continue to watch the XFL. But then again I'm additcted to football. Out.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well, everyone knows my stance on football these days (for those that don't, it goes like this: CFL rules, everything else -> bottom of barrel, of course that's the harsh reality )
    with that said, i haven't actually seen an XFL game yet, i've only heard the buzz around it. from what i've heard, the game itself seems more exciting than the NFL (but the NFL bores me anyways), because (among other things) i guess the ball is live after 25 yards on punts.
    i like how they are trying to put the fun back in the game. for example, the championship game is not called the XFL bowl. it is called, yep, "the big game at the end". this means that they are definitely trying to keep it fun. same with the scrum for the ball in place of the coin toss.
    things that i don't like: uh, well they keep saying that it's all about the football, and it's all about how the NFL players don't have desire to win and all that bullshit. as if the NFL players don't want to win, especially with their salaries! then, to get the fans to concentrate on the football, they encourage them to get to know their cheerleaders on a first name basis. but that's vince for ya. all that lame shit is vintage vince. in some ways i think he went too far.
    obviously, the talent is not there that is with the NFL, but more money = more talent.
    but i think that the game itself has more potential in the aspect of excitement. i can't say yet for sure, because i've been busy with other things this weekend. i'm still curious to see how the game is actually played, because i also am a football fan.
    and the most exciting football league doesn't start till july, (preseason in june).

------------------
    EBAS!!!!
    i know i would!!!
    i am a Dirty Faced Kid, although i do fancy myself a good lookin' fellow...
    AD for life...
    Diamond Mafia... respect the family...fuhgetaboutit

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by track 5:
    I also gotta give some props to the Bozz. I honestly think that the NFL needs more commentators like him. I mean the guy was totally jacked up the whole game.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brian Bozworth telecasted that game? I
    haven't heard of him in years, ever since he left the Seahawks n' shit.

He man what about the coin toss? That's some shit, that added a definite twist. I didn't watch it live and just saw some highlights so I couldn't comment on the camera angle shots but it sounds like something I would enjoy.

BTW all XFL games are on saturday then?

------------------
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags

G4 guitar files at www.freedrive.com under No Bozo's. Username and password are vhlinks.

[This message has been edited by Eyes of the Night (edited February 05, 2001 at 02:07 AM).]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    EOTN dude, did you get an email from me regarding why you cant link to that guys pic file ??

You'll also note that the images dont work as a standard sig file - ie they have been turned off, and have for some time. You could also read that as "we dont want pics in sig files thanks bro.." .download times are long enough on some pages with you adding to them with your little vanity plates there!

------------------
    A little zen... Headed your way...

[This message has been edited by Goo (edited February 05, 2001 at 02:30 AM).]

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh? Okay, that could explain the hassle of it all, that's the first time I tried in about 15 posts? Now I know that's what you meant but as far as posting that pic(it's a phat pic IMO) in signature files.

I think it's safe to assume it's legit to post that pick(not in sig though) since he(host) can put a block on pics that they have right?

----

G4

[This message has been edited by Eyes of the Night (edited February 05, 2001 at 02:46 AM).]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Premium Member
    quote:
    Originally posted by Eyes of the Night:
    Oh? Okay, that could explain the hassle of it all, that's the first time I tried in about 15 posts? Now I know that's what you meant but as far as posting that pic(it's a phat pic IMO) in signature files.

Ok well I dont totally follow the last part of that, but look it like this... we either say yes its ok to post pics in sig files... in which case everyone can do it, or we say no, its not ok, it adds time to the page download, that isnt really nessecary, and in a lot of cases is plain annoying. Especially with a whole page of them. Brett decided no quite a while back, and thats why its turned off, and thats why you have to go in and make it work manually.

Its either yes, or no. For everyone. Not an exception for Eyes Of the Night coz he has a 'phat picture'.

quote:
    I think it's safe to assume it's legit to post that pick(not in sig though) since he(host) can put a block on pics that they have right?

No, its not safe to assume that at all, especially when your assumption could be costing the guy money in download traffic fees!! As I said.. 200 views of a 20kb picture is 4 meg of traffic.... It adds up real quick!... if its not in a sig file all the time i guess its ok, but my main point was regarding sig files. If you intend on using it a lot, download it and host it yourself.

Hope this explains the saga a little clearer ?
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by Goo (edited February 05, 2001 at 03:01 AM).]

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goo:
    If you intend on using it a lot, download it and host it yourself.

Hope this explains the saga a little clearer ?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Word Goo, thanks man and I have always wondered how you could host kinda like what you have at bigpond to help people or just store recreational stuff in.

Can you sum it up or would you have to e-mail me? Either way do what you can k? That's if you want to explain it.

btw, yes that was little saga. What's funny is what I edited in opinions after you posted here about that same thing. Check it out if you can.

----

G4

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Premium Member
    Drop me a line, and give me the name and home page of your ISP (AOL or whatever), and I'll see what i can find out. a lot of ISPs give out a bit of free space when you sign up. I'll look into it for ya and get back to you with what i find..

------------------

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goo:
    Drop me a line
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay Goo I'll do that, you know what's funny though? Well you know the latest thread in discussion about "jump"? Well, your a cool cat in my book and always have been, it's just, well in that 1 case we kinda burned each other and I hope that's not what I think of ya k!

Late ...

----

G4

[This message has been edited by Eyes of the Night (edited February 05, 2001 at 03:25 AM).]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Premium Member
    NP man it takes a bit more than that to piss me off permanantly.

Put it down to cumulative frustration..

------------------

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Back on topic:

Well, honestly, what were you people expecting? It IS football, after all. And being a new league and all, reality is they're going to have second-string people that couldn't cut it in the NFL. But if it survives (and get's the hell off of our local UPN affiliate where no one can watch it) the talent will come. Either that or the NFL will steal the ideas and, in the end, put it out of business or absorb it.

But seriously, that scramble for the ball is going to come back to haunt them. Someone has already been injured by it, and there has only been four games!

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

guitarsolos
    All of the hoopla surrounding the game was pretty stupid. I thought the nicknames on the jerseys were ignorant ( who were they anyway?) The game was alright...kind of like if the Chargers and Browns played. The only thing that was cool is the audio and the "crotch cam" of the cheerleaders!!!

------------------
    Whoooaaa TRIGGER!!!
    -------------------------
    I am just a punk kid who plays guitar.
    What is understood ..should not be discussed!!