Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 965 Times in 386 Posts

Owens fined for shirttail; questions motives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Terrell Owens, fined $5,000 by the NFL on Wednesday for an untucked shirttail but not cited for his touchdown/autograph celebration Monday in Seattle, is implying that race is a factor in how his actions are perceived.

"You have a white guy as an announcer and sportscaster," Owens was quoted as saying in the San Francisco Examiner. "Me, I'm black. I do it and I've already done some stuff in the past.

"We're (African-Americans) more expressive than the white guys," Owen said. "You look at the skilled players. We're the ones that get into the end zone. We get in the end zone more than they do."

What was the main reason the NFL fined Terrell Owens?
    Race influences the way his actions are perceived
    His untucked shirt was against the rules
    They wanted to punish him for his autograph stunt
    They wanted to punish him for past incidents

Owens told the paper that the public misinterprets the actions of African-American athletes. He told the Examiner he's "shocked" at the nationwide reaction and contends that what he did was "harmless."

Owens wasn't punished for pulling a pen from his sock to sign the football after a touchdown catch in the San Francisco 49ers' 28-21 victory over Seattle on Monday night.

Instead, the league sent him a letter containing a much more common, minor fine for equipment violations.

Owens called it "nonsense ... a very nit-picky thing."

"It states on the notice that I specifically wore my shirt out during the game," Owens said. "I constantly tucked it in throughout the course of the game, and people were tugging on me, and it just came out."

After beating cornerback Shawn Springs for the winning touchdown in the fourth quarter, Owens produced a pen, signed the football and presented it to his financial adviser in the front row.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Owens won't be fined or suspended for the move, but similar displays will be punished.

Owens told the Examiner that some fans and media members are overreacting.

"I see my work like Picasso," Owens said. "He signed off on his work. I signed off on my work. I work hard during the week. I'm just trying to have fun.

"You only have one day to display your talents."

Information from the Associated Press is included in this report
    ---------------------------

what a piece of work this pile of shit is. fuck him

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    What do you expect? He's your basic run of the mill PUNK. A talented punk, but still a punk. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

VH1, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Top of the World
    Last Online

01.30.07 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Personally I think the whole thing has been blown way out of proportion but I hate it when anyone tries to use the race card, using it as an excuse. He knew that what he was going to do was going to get attention or else he wouldn't have done it. He's an attention hog simple as that.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Best receiver in the league....
    I am awesome

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by Unchained Wolfie:
    i don't care if he's good, he's a BITCH

he's a mennace to the 49'ers.

i'd personally like to see him get his head ripped off sunday aginst the saints so i don't have to hear from his sorry ass again

JMJ

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

11.23.15 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Nope,Marvin Harrison IMO.
    No president puts joy in my life, but Van Halen puts joy in my ears.

Never pet a burning dog.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by JMJ:
    "We're (African-Americans) more expressive than the white guys," Owen said. "You look at the skilled players. We're the ones that get into the end zone. We get in the end zone more than they do."
    I think Emmitt Smith is the only one who's been in the end zone more than Walter Payton--and BOTH have always acted like they've been there before--in fact, Sweetness always gave the ball to a lineman to spike!!

Obviously Terrell has never learned from guys like him!! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by JMJ:
    Owens fined for shirttail; questions motives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Terrell Owens, fined $5,000 by the NFL on Wednesday for an untucked shirttail but not cited for his touchdown/autograph celebration Monday in Seattle, is implying that race is a factor in how his actions are perceived.

"You have a white guy as an announcer and sportscaster," Owens was quoted as saying in the San Francisco Examiner. "Me, I'm black. I do it and I've already done some stuff in the past.

What was the main reason the NFL fined Terrell Owens?
    Race influences the way his actions are perceived
    His untucked shirt was against the rules
    They wanted to punish him for his autograph stunt
    They wanted to punish him for past incidents

Owens told the paper that the public misinterprets the actions of African-American athletes. He told the Examiner he's "shocked" at the nationwide reaction and contends that what he did was "harmless."

Owens wasn't punished for pulling a pen from his sock to sign the football after a touchdown catch in the San Francisco 49ers' 28-21 victory over Seattle on Monday night.

Instead, the league sent him a letter containing a much more common, minor fine for equipment violations.

Owens called it "nonsense ... a very nit-picky thing."

"It states on the notice that I specifically wore my shirt out during the game," Owens said. "I constantly tucked it in throughout the course of the game, and people were tugging on me, and it just came out."

After beating cornerback Shawn Springs for the winning touchdown in the fourth quarter, Owens produced a pen, signed the football and presented it to his financial adviser in the front row.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Owens won't be fined or suspended for the move, but similar displays will be punished.

Owens told the Examiner that some fans and media members are overreacting.

"I see my work like Picasso," Owens said. "He signed off on his work. I signed off on my work. I work hard during the week. I'm just trying to have fun.

"You only have one day to display your talents."

Information from the Associated Press is included in this report
    ---------------------------

what a piece of work this pile of shit is. fuck him

JMJ
    You're right JMJ, Owens is a pile of shit. I would like to add the word worthless in front of pile. And that's as far as I'll go. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:01 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Terell Owens is a great reciever but (In best Chris Farley voice) [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] he needs to shut his big fat yapper! I wish he would stop referring to himself in the 3rd person too because that is anoyying! I did not have a problem with him signing the football after he scored, the problem I had was when he started spouting off.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by T.RYAN:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Unchained Wolfie:
    Nope,Marvin Harrison IMO.</font>[/QUOTE]Harrison is number 2 imo, Owen is the only receiver on the 49ers team, and no one break tackles like him. He's a beast.
    I am awesome

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by T.RYAN:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Unchained Wolfie:
    Nope,Marvin Harrison IMO.</font>[/QUOTE]Harrison is number 2 imo, Owen is the only receiver on the 49ers team, and no one break tackles like him. He's a beast.</font>[/QUOTE]he's a fuckin punk. he didn't do shit today

funny how much better san fran would be if they still had rice. but no, he can't play anymore...sure san fran...yeah ok...

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not against the Saints yesterday.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

He had a Td, and I hate how the 49ers got rid of Rice.
    I am awesome

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

he also dropped a critical pass on the last drive of the game. he ain't no playmaker yet and he ain't ready for no prime time. he's a punk. plain and simple

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

there is way too many good receivers in the nfl now to say anyones is the best. anyway i think of greatness in terms of durability and consistency. terrel owens was not a good receiver right away he was in the shadow of other receivers for awhile. look at rices or tim browns statistics overall thru their careers. terrel may be the best this season but thats it.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.