12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's see if I understand how America works
    lately . . .

If a woman burns her thighs on the hot coffee
    she was holding in her lap while driving, she
    blames the restaurant.

If your teen-age son kills himself, you blame
    the rock 'n' roll music or musician he liked.

If you smoke three packs a day for 40 years
    and die of lung cancer, your family blames the
    tobacco company.

If your daughter gets pregnant by the football
    captain you blame the school for poor sex
    education.

If your neighbor crashes into a tree while
    driving home drunk, you blame the bartender.

If your cousin gets AIDS because the needle
    he used to shoot up with heroin was dirty, you
    blame the government for not providing clean
    ones.

If your grandchildren are brats without
    manners, you blame television.

If your friend is shot by a deranged madman,
    you blame the gun manufacturer.

And if a crazed person breaks into the cockpit
    and tries to kill the pilots at 35,000 feet, and
    the passengers kill him instead, the mother of the
    deceased blames the airline.

I must have lived too long to understand the
    world as it is anymore.

So if I die while my old, wrinkled butt is parked in front of this
    computer, I want you to blame Bill Gates, OK?

I didn't see this as being appropriate for the funny farm [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGEL4U:

I must have lived too long to understand the
    world as it is anymore.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] You're not alone.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

If your teen-age son kills himself, you blame the rock 'n' roll music or musician he liked.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We hear that one too often. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

So if I die while my old, wrinkled butt is parked in front of this
    computer, I want you to blame Bill Gates, OK?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have a old and wrinkled butt?? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
    (nasty)
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Angel, it's because this world is full of weak minded turds who are unwilling to accept responsibility for their actions. It's always some one elses fault, never their own.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Got to agree with our resident right-wing fanatic. People look for a way to pass the blame to someone else.

Anectdote time.

Want to know how the whole "Dungeons & Dragons is satanic" rumor got started? Some woman's unstable son killed himself and instead of looking for the problem, the woman blamed the roleplaying game.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You guys....this is definitely the sad truth of the people we live amongst.

I have always known at some point a parent that has a perfect child. When their child did something wrong....it too was blamed on something other than the primal facts.

This for instance is a situation I just underwent at another bulletin board....not trying to gripe just hopefully getting some viewpoints from all of you.

I moderate for The Blair Witch Fan Club board at www.blairwitchfanclub.com
    and my screen name there is CoffinRock.
    We have a member there that chose to come to the board one day and start posting nasty things about me. Then went on to send me a nasty email.
    I cannot understand what provoked this person, except for the fact that it is a psycho we are dealing with. Anyhow, the only thing that could even come close to making this person mad was that a while back I suggested that a topic of theirs be moved to general discussion instead of remaining in our Blair Witch News forum. AFter I made the comment to get a moderator to move it....the fit hit the shan. Ever since then I have had to read snide remarks from this member. I have had to put up with threats and my children and husband being called names...etc etc.....but when one of my fellow moderators and I had a talk....he blamed it on them being drunk...or maybe they were just having a bad day....DO WHAT??

I am getting attacked by someone at the board I devote much of my time to and where in the hell is my administrator??? No socking way....I am sorry....I am going to stop here. But America sucks....rude people tend to suck....and the Blair Witch SUCKS!

I can truly say....Van Halen has been the best thing to happen to me since the internet.....you guys are exactly what I need. This is a pleasant atmosphere.....I hope that I can contribute some fun because all of you seem to be very good at it.
    My brain just about blew up trying to think of something to put here....(Space for rent)...anybody want some?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

It is way to easy to drag someone's ass into court in America. The stupid lawsuit's that go on cost the tax payers billions each year, sad thing is alot of them actually win.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lawyers are getting rich nowadays [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Hey, esquiretoo! This true? Are you a filthy rich bastard making your money off of other's delusional views of the world?
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Well then, I guess you all should move to Canada. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

But Yankee, if we all moved to Canada, who would we blame for everything? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.23.05 @ 03:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

America just doen't work great anymore. I supervise about 30 people and just about everyone of them think that they are not replaceable. I am actually happy about the slowing economy right now because I am using this as an opportunity to get rid of my dead weight couriers. I would have to pull teeth to get applicants in the door. Now I have employees, former employee, competitors employees calling me looking for work. I pointed out to one guy yesterday that does nothing but bitch if you give him alittle work to do that he normally does do that there is 9 doors in this building and if he needs my help in finding one I would be more than happy to show him. Then I preceeded to show him the 20 or applications on my desk and the 30 or so on my e-mail. He then shut his mouth and went to work. Don't get me wrong, I hope everything turns for the better, but in this down turn it is time to re-organize and get stronger. Sorry for rambling. I had to get this off my chest. I found it abit realavent to the topic. Alot of Americans think that they are owed something. You work for what you get and you are responsible for your own action.
    "Two Dicks WOW!" --Bonnie Bernstein

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

More News!!! Not just America [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

LEAD STORIES

The human-egg-donor business is flourishing in America, with brokers offering tall, athletic, brainy blondes as much as $80,000 for a multiple-egg harvest (though the average woman gets $5,000 or less), according to a May Los Angeles Times report. Several Ivy League women told the Times they pay off a semester's bills in a single doctor's visit to have eggs extracted by syringe (after a several-week hormone regimen). Said a bioethicist, "There is not much difference between those [egg brokers'] ads and what goes on with prize breeding of animals." [Los Angeles Times, 5-27-01]

Saddam Hussein recently ghost-wrote a 160-page romantic novel, "Zabibah and the King," according to CIA sources interviewed by The New York Times in May, which included a rape sequence in which his heroine (whose name translates to "people of Iraq") was invaded, probably as an allegory to the Gulf War. Sample dialogue: The King: "I'm a great leader. You must obey me. Not only that, you must love me." Zabibah: "The people need strict measures so that they can feel protected by this strictness." [New York Times, 5-25-01]

British researchers, at the annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncologists in San Francisco in May, reported that a poison used by South African Zulu tribesmen to coat the tips of their spears and arrows appears in trials to deprive human cancer tumors of blood without harming the surrounding tissue and thus could be a major weapon against cancers of the colon, ovaries and lungs. The toxin comes from the root bark of the Cape bushwillow. [Edmonton Journal-London Sunday Telegraph, 5-14-01]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No Longer Weird
    Adding to the list of stories that were formerly weird but which now occur with such frequency that they must be retired from circulation: (43) People who impersonate teen-agers and return to high school to satisfy various psychological needs, such as Treva Throneberry, 31, who for four recent years was Brianna Stewart (Evergreen High, Vancouver, Wash., Class of '00, GPA 2.83), notable for getting a D in drama class despite her successful ruse and for getting a 45-year-old man jailed for having sex with an underage girl (which, in reality, she was not). And (44) the periodic scares in African nations, in which vigilante mobs are stirred up against outsiders rumored to have the power to make local men's penises disappear, as happened in April (two killed) in Ilesa, Nigeria. [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 4-22-01; The Columbian (Vancouver), 4-8-01] [Agence France-Presse, 4-10-01]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Latest Rights

Richard L. Greist filed a lawsuit in January against the state mental hospital in Norristown, Pa., where he has been a patient since 1978 because he killed his pregnant wife and stabbed his daughter and grandmother. Greist complained that when officials would not consider him for an in-house job as a clerk, they violated his rights under the Americans With Disabilities Act, in that they were obligated to "accommodate" his severe paranoid schizophrenia. [Philadelphia Inquirer, 1-4-01]

Debby Messer of Livonia, Mich., filed a $1 million lawsuit in February against her late ex-husband, Gordie Milner, claiming that because he allegedly harassed her after their divorce, she still fears him to this day and cannot stop imagining that he is lurking around her. She said she knows full well that he passed away six months earlier but said that he still "continue[s] to hurt me [and] hurt the children." [Associated Press, 2-5-01]

In January, a Canadian court ruled in favor of convicted drug trafficker Khon Ha Tri in his lawsuit against the prison in Peterborough, Ontario, for his 1996 injury when he fell out of his bunk and tore a knee ligament. Tri said that a prison doctor had prescribed him a lower bunk because of a previous prison-incurred injury but that guards ignored the order. Though Tri had been released from prison after the lawsuit was filed, he has since been re-jailed on another charge. [National Post-Southam Newspapers, 1-24-01]

Not My Fault

In March, the day after a federal grand jury in Philadelphia handed down a massive fraud indictment against him, former U.S. Rep. Edward Mezvinsky sued his doctor, his drugstore and the pharmaceutical giant Roche Holding, claiming the reason he got into trouble with his investment business was because the anti-malaria drug Lariam fogged up his thinking. Mezvinsky, who took the drug for business trips to Africa, was charged with 56 counts, totaling $10.4 million, based, said the government, on a series of lies to banks and clients, including his mother-in-law. [Philadelphia Inquirer-AP, 4-15-01]

Martin Joyce, 20, filed a lawsuit in April against Reese's Tavern in Warminster, Pa., for serving him alcohol, which he says caused him to get shot. According to the lawsuit, if Reese's hadn't served him illegally, he would not have thought it such a good idea to stop a motorist just outside the bar to ask to borrow money to make a phone call. According to a police report, when the motorist declined the request, Joyce became belligerent, reached into the car, punched the motorist and threatened to kill him. The motorist then pulled out his licensed gun and shot Joyce in the stomach. [The Intelligencer (Doylestown, Pa.), 4-11-01]

What's the Problem?
    Questionable Crimes: An adult brother and his sister were arrested and charged with beating up three men who were conducting loud cell-phone calls while standing in front of the siblings' father's home in an early-evening hour (Boston, March). And three men were being sought by Hartford, Conn., police after a 14-year-old boy and a friend got beaten up in February; most likely, according to police, because the boys had been standing in a street, throwing candy at passing cars. And in April, Wisconsin state Rep. Marlin Schneider sought to formally legalize some retaliatory behavior, introducing legislation to permit battery if committed upon someone who is physically abusing a close relative (but local domestic violence officials were opposed to the bill). [Boston Herald, 3-20-01] [Hartford Courant, 2-28-01] [Associated Press, 4-28-01]

People Different From Us
    In Charleston, W.Va., in April, James Dale Duncan, 38, was sentenced to 20 to 40 years in prison for having sex with his daughter beginning when she was 13, for the purpose, according to him, of preventing her from ruining her life by getting pregnant with her boyfriend. Duncan insisted he acted only "from a parent's point of view and not a pervert's," and his sister agreed, telling the judge, "He didn't do this for pleasure." Unremorseful, Duncan said, after sentencing, "I'm going to jail knowing she won't end up pregnant." [Associated Press, 4-9-01]

Thinning the Herd
    A 46-year-old toll-booth operator slipped and was accidentally dragged to his death by an 18-wheeler when he reached out of the booth to grab snow on the moving truck to arm himself for a snowball fight with another toll-booth operator (Wilmington, Del., March). Subway "graffiti artists"/vandals were killed on the job in April in Brooklyn, N.Y. (hit by a train), and Chicago (electrocution). And a 19-year-old man was killed as he ran a red light while attempting to flee a minor traffic accident that he caused (Largo, Fla., April) [Associated Press, 4-12-01] [New York Times, 4-22-01] [Chicago Sun-Times, 4-10-01] [Tampa Tribune, 4-13-01]

Also, in the Last Month ...
    A judge threw out charges against a couple carrying 560 pounds of marijuana, because the search was triggered by the incompetent police dog "Falco," two-thirds of whose previous discoveries turned out to be bogus (Knoxville, Tenn.). A man was arrested for locking his 5-year-old nephew in a 100-plus-degree car because he feared thieves would steal the stereo if the car were unattended (Los Angeles). A 42-year-old Good Humor vendor was convicted of disrupting a public school, because so many junior-high kids were walking out of classes to buy ice cream (Winnipeg, Manitoba). Glenda Stevens' dog Sweetie was hit by a mail truck and presumed dead, and then ceremoniously buried in Stevens's back yard, but minutes later, Sweetie dug her way out and is now mending (broken leg and jaw) (Park Hills, Mo.). [ABC News-Knoxville News Sentinel, 5-22-01] [Los Angeles Times, 5-25-01][Sault Star-Canadian Press, 5-11-01] [St. Louis Post-Dispatch-AP,5-27-01]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Everyone agrees a problem exists...I wonder how we'd all solve it?
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...