Thread: NFL 2002

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, I apologize if its too early, but man, the Brewers suck soooo bad and I am soooo goddamn sick of hearing about soccer (or girls football as I like to call it), and I really wanna talk aboot real football. So, time for the NFL 2K2 thread. I'm still a die hard cheesehead and I really like their chances this year. They will be moving into the dorm next to mine in a couple weeks for training camp. Look it up, they train at St. Norbert, where I went to school.

One thing I am wondering aboot is where that little bitch Freeman will end up...anyone hear any rumors. I heard maybe Seattle (who have pretty bitchin new uniforms by the way). Let the thread begin.
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I hear you. After the hockey season ended the next thing to look forward to is football. I can't really get into baseball these days. I'm a Jays fan and they are having a fuckin horrid season so far and it's not going to get better any time soon. It should be interesting to see how Terry Glenn fits in with the Packers. The guy was such a head case in NE. If he actually concentrates on playing football he can be a very talented receiver. I cheer for the Pats and have a soft spot for the Cowboys. It should be interesting to see if Dallas can turn things around from back to back 5-11 seasons. Emmitt should break Paytons record around game 6 or 7 if all goes well and he stays healthy. Should be another interesting season in the NFL.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Mario VH:
    It should be interesting to see if Dallas can turn things around from back to back 5-11 seasons. Emmitt should break Paytons record around game 6 or 7 if all goes well and he stays healthy. Should be another interesting season in the NFL.
    No question about it man. Emmitt WILL break the record, and I might even be there to see it. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

And no, it's never too early to talk about the NFL. It's only the greatest game ever. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Football is my favorite sport and I follow it the most out of the other professional sports. It's going to be interesting next season with the realigned divisions. They put most of the teams in the right division, but a few are still messed up.

I didn't expect the 49ers to do that well last season but they showed more promise. Hopefully they can make it farther into the playoffs this time. Or dare I say, the Super Bowl?
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Aquatic Punk:
    Hey, I apologize if its too early, but man, the Brewers suck soooo bad and I am soooo goddamn sick of hearing about soccer (or girls football as I like to call it), and I really wanna talk aboot real football. So, time for the NFL 2K2 thread. I'm still a die hard cheesehead and I really like their chances this year. They will be moving into the dorm next to mine in a couple weeks for training camp. Look it up, they train at St. Norbert, where I went to school.

One thing I am wondering aboot is where that little bitch Freeman will end up...anyone hear any rumors. I heard maybe Seattle (who have pretty bitchin new uniforms by the way). Let the thread begin.
    I'm pretty excited about the Pack, too.

They just signed Hardy Nickerson at LB, who can hopefully produce if he stays healthy. They cut loose former Cowboys LB Ed Jones 3 weeks after signing him to make room for Nickerson, though.

And they just signed RB Kijana Carter...but he's never had a completely healthy season that I'm aware of. He was a number one pick (number one overall?) when he was drafted, though.

And they also signed DE Joe Johnson (formerly of the Saints), who is supposed to be the best DE of this year's free agents.

Things are looking much better defensively.

And hopefully the receiving corps will do better with Terry Glenn and Javon Walker.

I have no clue where Freeman might end up. Seattle makes sense with Holmgren still the coach/GM and all. I wonder how many years Holmgren has before his time is up?

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:19 AM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member
    The Cowboys had a pretty damn good draft and if they get some half-way consistant quarterbacking this year, they should threaten for a playoff spot. As for Emmitt, he did get 1000 yards (barely) for a team with essentially no passing game, no small feat. With some passing this year he could have a good year, still has a lot of gas in the tank I believe.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All I know is that the morons running my team into the ground in Jacksonville have virtually insured a 4 - 12 season.

How the HELL do you let a first-ballot Hall of Famer, and one of the best to ever play his position, namely Tony Boselli, go to a freaking division rival, for crissakes? Yeah, I know, they KILLED themselves with the cap, but if you don't show some loyalty to a warrior like that, who the fuck DO you show it to?

And now, Keenan McCardell, one-half of the most prolific WR tandem over the past 6 years with Jimmy Smith, is simply cut free to go down state and play for the Bucs. (a move that could just be enough to put the Bucs over the top... IF somebody finally steps up at QB down there.)

Anyone else find it interesting that Tom Coughlin and Wayne Weaver are never seen at the same time, in the same place with Beavis and Butthead?

Hey, at least I'm not bitter... lol

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:19 AM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by SirBrownSound:

How the HELL do you let a first-ballot Hall of Famer, and one of the best to ever play his position, namely Tony Boselli, go to a freaking division rival, for crissakes? Yeah, I know, they KILLED themselves with the cap, but if you don't show some loyalty to a warrior like that, who the fuck DO you show it to?

SBS
    Wasn't there alot of medical/physical concerns too?

The cap has screwed alot of teams and players though.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Boselli had just come off surgery for shoulder problems that had been plaguing him for a couple of years, but easily passed his physicals for both the Jags and the Texans.

The ONLY way that doesn't turn out to be a complete fuck-up is if the problems return, causing him to miss significant game time again.

God, I hate free agency...
    (I probably wouldn't hate it nearly as much though, if my team's front office wasn't so utterly incompetent!)

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Huge Packer fan here. The Packer defense looks tough on paper. The only question I have about them is the receiving corp. If Terry Glenn can stay out of trouble and stay healthy we should be ok. I hear that Donald Driver has shown vast improvement and will be battling Ferguson for #2 wideout.

I think the Packers easily win their division too. Their only real competition will be the Bears and they already had their cinderella season. Since they'll be facing a first place schedule I fully expect them to be around 8-8.

Packers have a shot at the Superbowl, but the Rams might still be the best team in the NFC.

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Hey SBS...........thanks for McCardell
    -Tampa Bay Bucs!

Hey Packer Fan.............Ki Carter will step up when he has too. I predict that was one of the smartest insurance policies this off season. he WAS healthy all of last year. It was smart to let that brat go. Look no one wants his sorry ass.

Hey Cowboys Fan...............Emmit WILL break that record on his way to 1,200 yards this season.
    As soon as Chad Hutchinson starts playing QB near the end of the season, the Boys will be BACK!

Dungy will help Indy make it to the Conference Champ. Game

Other random thoughts coming soon.

One final prediction...........this thread will be 50 pages long by the end of next week. Gotta show all of you steriod freaks.......I mean "Baseball" fans out there how things work.

Long live the NFL [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm a huge Packer fan here!!!

Though I live in the flatlands of Illinois... come on Pabs... bring it on!

AqPunk, I'd LOVE to go see the Pack for training camp... instead, I get to watch the Bears. They're not far from here this year, no longer going to Platteville.

No offense to Emmit (sorry if I misspelled it) but I really hope he DOESN'T beat the record! I know it's inevitable that it will fall... it's just the man was so amazing to watch... it'll be hard to see it tumble... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Still, if anyone is gonna break it, I guess... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 01:22 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I can't wait for football season even though the lions will probably suck ass like they did last year. At least they will be sucking ass in a new stadium in downtown Detroit.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Lions have some serious issues to address. Matt Millen has his head up his ass. They get rid of Johnnie Morton in favor of Bill Schroeder? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] You're in for a real treat with good 'ol Billy. He likes to go out of bounds, run wrong routes and go down before he gets hit. His hands are average at best too.

I wish the Packers would have traded them Billy for Morton straight up. Where did Morton end up? The Chiefs?

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm a huge Bears fan in So. Cali. I don't have too many kindred spirits here. Mark my words, that was no "Cinderella" season last year. They're coming up. They are at a disadvantage this year though, since they have to play all of their home games in Champaign(sp?) instead of Soldier Field.
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)