Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

OK, guys. Please help settle a debate with my friend by answering these questions:

Question #1: Do men seriously pursue or are they scared of smart, classy women?

Question #2: Is it OK to ask a man out on a date even though you heard he has a "girlfriend"?

This should be amusing. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Answer 1 - I persue. I'm educated myself. So I'm rarely intimidated by other educated people. Even if their degree is at a higher level (like PhD), it's only in a specific area of knowledge, and that's fine. Variety makes the world go 'round. Personally, I think it's a turnoff dealing with bimbos. A hot lookin' chick who's intelligent always gave me a boner. (LOL) Kinda like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct. Nice work clothes...no panties....hey baby...

OK I'm at work...I need to calm down...

Answer 2 - Sure you can ask a man out even if he has a girlfriend. If you like being rejected...go for it. But I don't know too many PEOPLE (men and women) that enjoy rejection. Put it this way....how would you feel if some dude asked you out, KNOWING you had a boyfriend already. It's kinda unfair to put anyone in that position. Very uncomfortable.

[ August 07, 2001 at 07:48 AM: Message edited by: TimPabs1 ]
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.23.05 @ 03:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1.... Men like smart women, dumb women, classy women, trashy women,..... as ;pmg as it ends with women we like it.

2. Go ahead and ask out the guy with a girlfriend, he's not married! He may be looking for something better or he may be gieeting bored, or the girfriend might be leaving anyways. The worst that could happen is he says no.
    "Two Dicks WOW!" --Bonnie Bernstein

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1 - I think in general, men like to be looked up to by their significant others. When a girl says "help me with this" no matter what it is, the guy feels needed (unless you've been married 10 years, then you feel abused [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) I say this because men (again, in general) like to feel superior, and often mental superiority is a big plus for them. The flipside is feeling mentally inferior, which is a major turnoff to most men. As for me, I enjoy being on the same level with women... I admit I can be intimidated by brilliant women, not that I am not well educated myself, but it gives me a feeling of having a standard I need to live up to which can be intimidating sometimes. As for the opposite side of the spectrum, "bimbos" as they are often called infuriate me [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I would rather be intimidated that disgusted any day [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Personality and wisdom come way before breast size with me anyday [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

2 - I guess the only way I can answer this is to ask how you would feel if another woman asked your boyfriend out, knowing you were dating him. If you are ok with that then one of two things is true: a) you find nothing wrong with asking "attached" people out, or b) you don't have a strong connection with your boyfriend.

I guess I am the jealous type to some extent... it would piss me off to know end to have a guy ask my girl out knowing we were an item. But I am certainly not the norm in everything, so this could be one of those things... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    <b><i>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />Darkness, imprisoning me.<br />All that I see: absolute horror.<br />I cannot live<br />I cannot die<br />Trapped in myself<br />Body my holding cell<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /></i></b>

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

1. Yes. Smart, Hot chicks RULE.

2. No. Totally inapropriate.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawchick:
    Question #2: Is it OK to ask a man out on a date even though you heard he has a "girlfriend"?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm against it personally. I think it comes down to how confident you are in the long run. Here's what I mean.

If he goes out with you without breaking off his current relationship, and if it turns out that you and he have the basis for a relationship yourselves and end up together, I think a part of you will always question whether he's going to do the same thing to you that he did to the current girlfriend.

If you're really confident and trusting that might not bother you, but I would think that most people would always have that seed planted in the back of their minds. I know I would.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

#1. I've had no luck with "smart, classy women" in the past so I actually am intimidated by them. I'm totally attracted to a girl/woman that fits that description but won't do anything about it because I ultimately don't think I'll be able to get anything going. In the past I've been unsuccessful everytime I've tried. I would forge a friendship, try to take it a step further and the bottom would end up falling out. I don't know if it's because I'm stupid or what. I always used to think it was the woman's problem but lately I've been finding out that there is a lot of shit wrong with me so it probably was some of my fault also.

#2. I don't know if asking a guy with a girlfriend out is a good idea because I know if I was asked that I'd think "what's the point of this?" I'd figure that the girl asking me out has something against my girlfriend and is looking to get in the way on purpose to fuck things up. Then again, I'm almost always wrong in these scenarios so you'd probably get further doing the opposite of what I say.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

#1 - I was fortunate to date someone I considered classy, on top of being beautiful--my only regret was not doing so sooner!

#2 - Looks like I'm in the minority. If he has a girlfriend as opposed to wife, it wouldn't bother me. He can always say no, or if he does decide to date her, who's to say that this new woman isn't Ms. Right for him? She could be the girl of his dreams, and there's only one way to find that out.

My wife (while we dated) was asked out constantly by guys at work. Didn't bother me cause she didn't even consider going out with them, so I didn't have to worry.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:29 PM
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

1. I love a smart woman, that for me is a major turn on. I can see how some guys can be intimidated by that, like BMF said, some men want to feel needed no matter how petty the task is. That stems from that Old World (European) mentality where men are in charge of everything (except for taking care of the housework & the kids).

This reminds me of 2 women that I dated. One was in high school, well we were in high school, not that I dated a girl who's in high school, that would be illeagal. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Anyway, this girl could fix anything on a car or a motorcycle (her dad was a biker) & I can barely do a brake job without it turning into a major catastrophe. I was never intimidated by her ability to run circles around me trying to fix something on a car. It didn't hurt that she was smokin' hot either. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Then I dated a girl who was a major brain. At first I was a little intimidated but that didn't last long. I know I'm not a moron but this girl amazed me with her knowledge & she was 3 yrs. younger than me but it was almost like she was older than me, if that makes any sense. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I don't know if I felt stupid but maybe a little less educated than her, I can live with that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

2. I think it's just wrong to ask someone out when you know they're involved. Married or just dating, it's not right. If the present relationship they're in now is bad, most likely it's not going to last. You’ll just have to wait for the right opportunity to swoop in.

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    M*U*L*E

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Being conceited and being intelligent make a big difference though.

Smart women with a lot of COMMON SENSE, along with their education is awesome. They have a grip on life, and they can be very sexy with their deep, whispering, seeeexy vooooice. Mmmmmmm...just when they bite into a banana....LMAO!

Seriously....all that beats the crap out of being conceited and being a know-it-all just because you earned a degree and make money. In other words....FEMINISTS and MAN-HATERS who don't need anyone but their fucking pet and cell phone! Well...they SUCK! But they suck on women (if you catch my drift).

And it also beats the daylights out of a bimbo retarded barbie-doll big tittied sexy assed babe who can't think of the answer to 2 + 2. The best is when Stern has Stuttering John go on the street and ask these dumb asses trivia like, "Who's the Vice-President of the United States?" LOL that cracks me up.

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah but don't forget that like only 50% of the women out there either fall into the "vastly intelligent" category or the "amazingly stupid" category. I'd say about 50% of women fall in between somewhere. Kind of like smart and foolish at the same time. I like those kind myself.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawchick:
    Question #1: Do men seriously pursue or are they scared of smart, classy women? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless you've been friends with her for a while, or known her through work you don't always know she's a smart, classy woman. Once all that becomes apparent, a guy may or may not pursue, depending on everything else.

There's nothing bad about finding out that a woman is both smart and classy.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not just find out from him if he's seeing anyone? He'll either say yes, say "well...", or say no. Once you gauge that reaction, go or don't go from there.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:

There's nothing bad about finding out that a woman is both smart and classy.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess in your case Mickie....opposites attract! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I sure seem to have attracted my opposite in this case... What a mimbo! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I thought you'd grown up, Tim.

[ August 07, 2001 at 12:53 PM: Message edited by: MikeL ]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I prefer smart women who are confident, can stand up for themselves, are fun, and take chances, and are very independent. That's a turn on for me! I am NOT attracted to bimbos, pushovers, and uneducated women, NOT women who are full of themselves or 2 dimensional in nature ie: Shallow....Yuck.

As for the other question: No way.
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV