Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Baluchitherium
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nugent. That was the headline in todays paper.
    He would rather silence his guitar than his mouth.He's pulling out of the Aug.22 concert with Kiss because the promoters want him to promise not to make offensive remarks. He criticized people who lived in the U.S., but couldn't speak English-he told them to return to their native countries.
    Local Hispanic community leaders are organizing a boycott (national) of Nugent.

Last Online

07.07.15 @ 04:02 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ted Nugent kicks ass! He tells it as he sees it which may rub some people wrong but I like the guy!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t Talkin\' \'Bout Love
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You said it for me Panama!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 06:35 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

SPeak the language or get out - we speak English here so you dont need it anymore. We dont accept foreign currency here right? Same with the language

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Ted is cool. He says alot of things people only wish they could say out loud. I happen to work in a profession that deals with alot of non English speaking people. Funny how they are not "legal" and "We" get to pay for all of their medical expenses etc. Just not right. We pay WAY too much in insurance, taxes etc, for some kuckelheads to get all that stuff for free. Just not right. Period. Out.

A.D.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ditto!!!!!!

This is more political than music so I', moving it to the the non-music.............

[This message has been edited by jimmy (edited July 20, 2000 at 08:33 PM).]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I've got mixed feelings on the whole issue. There are a couple of things I feel strongly about.

The first is that Ted should be able to speak his mind on this one. It's not unreasonable to expect people living in a country to speak its language. If I was planning on moving to Portugal, I'd be damn sure I knew enough Portugese to be functional. Hopefully more than that.

Groups that decry people who say something that makes sense--even if it's offensive to some sensitive types--should turn their efforts to correcting the problem rather than pretend it doesn't exist.

Just as an aside, I had a funny experience the other day. The organization that I work for teaches basic to advanced English to immigrants, as well as GED and diploma programs. I was running updates on half of the computers in a lab. This little Vietnamese lady came up to one of the computers that was downloading the update. I asked her to use on of the other machines. She said yes, and nodded. Then reached over to the mouse, hit the cancel button, and began to check her e-mail...

[This message has been edited by MikeL (edited July 20, 2000 at 10:24 PM).]

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

the new ones...
    Last Online

06.01.16 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts

guys,

you're missing the point. i'm brazilian, my native language is portuguese, and i agree with you americans in some points, and disagree in others.

i think it's a bad thing to have people from other countries that think that US is going to save their lives. there're lots of brazilians that go to US to find a "second-hand" job, and these fuckers damage the brazilian image in america.

in the other hand, there are thousands of brazilians that are invited to work in US, as scientists, in banks, big companies, and many other jobs. these people are paying taxes and are helping the development of america.

it's not fair to judge a whole comunity because of a few of them don't behave properly.

i've been to USA twice as a turist, i loved it; i'm also planing to take a MBA course at Stanford; i payed for my trip, i'll pay for my course and i'll be giving many jobs to americans.

if i run across one of you in america, you'll probably think i'm an american citizen, i'm blond, green eyes and tall... i don't have the brazilian stereotype, but that doesn't change anything, i'm brazilian.

i would ask you please, not to judge a comunity, judge the acts of each isolated person. when you judge a comunity, you're just like MF hitler, that judged (and killed) the jews. i'm sorry guys, nugent speach sounds a bit nazi.

peace my friends (i'm sorry for the spelling and grammar mistakes )

------------------
    maybe i'm crazy,
    or just too high...

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by track 5:
    Funny how they are not "legal" and "We" get to pay for all of their medical expenses etc. Just not right. We pay WAY too much in insurance, taxes etc, for some kuckelheads to get all that stuff for free. Just not right. Period. Out.

A.D.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a lot of people living in the U.S.
    that are "legal" and "we" pay for them.But that isn't what the topic is really about,IMO.
    I don't have a problem with Nugent speaking his peace, I just find it that he can has to offend foreigners to do so. I'm sure he doesn't learn all the languages of the countries that he tours in.
    I hope uncle ted doesn't receive "this" type of attitude when he comes here

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HOT FOR TEACHER
    Last Online

05.18.13 @ 09:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah goddamn it.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

the new ones...
    Last Online

06.01.16 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts

hey angel,

don't worry, i've always been very well treated in america. the thing is that i don't like to see people thinking almost like hitler in 2000, 55 years after the worst nightmare the world had seen.

it's very sad the WE don't understand the multi racial/nation, that WE live.

i just ask everyone to judge isolated acts, not whole comunities.

peace.

------------------
    maybe i'm crazy,
    or just too high...

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Speak the language or get out - we speak English here so you don't need it anymore. We dont accept foreign currency here right? Same with the language<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhhh, boy. This pissed me off BIG time. "Speak the language or get out??" That's sick!

Did you know that most Mexicans understand at least a little English? They have to, because everything is so Americanized these days. They watch the same Hollywood movies and listen to the same music, and it's in English.

If you go visit Mexico City, if you speak with the natives, they will try to speak in English. They try to speak their broken English that they're required to learn in school...and they love to hear us speak our broken Spanish.

This is America. There is no law saying that anyone needs to speak English. It is vital to understand at least a little English, and that is what Mexican migrant workers do.

They know as much English as they need to get by, end of story.

------------------
    "i still dream big thanx to Van Halen music!" - Eddie_italian
    Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to...
    doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have! "1989"

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i feel strongly on this issue also,if you dont want to speak our language get the fuck out! they come over here, dont wanna speak our language, not all, but a good many seem to have an attitude about us,and why?... they get loans with no credit to buy american businesses, they dont have to pay taxes on it for 7 years,then they bring another one over, put the bus. in his name theres 7 more and on and on!
    and ive seen alot of them that can speak english when they want to. i use to work at a plant where the supervisors were reqiured to take spanish... give me a fuckin break!

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Can't stay on the links tonight, but I did want to respond to a few things that were said on this thread.
    1. Uncle ted, you make an excellent point about people comming to USA and wanting us to take care of them etc. I can tell by what you said about going to Stanford and paying your own way etc, that YOU are just the kind of people this great country needs. You expect to speak the language while your here, and will try your best to be a great American. Too bad there are many people who WHERE BORN HERE, that don't feel the same way. If my post offended you, that was never my intention. Take care ted. Swing on out to Texas sometime, you'll love it.

2 Angel you make a good point as well. I should have maybe said something about our own people, that do THAT very thing. You know, ALL the fuckin' freebies as it were. It's funny how most of our problems/complaining in my line of work, comes from people who GET ALL THEIR MEDICAL CARE FOR FREE. That is what I was complaing about. And yes, there are some cases where these people are US citizens.

3. As far as Nugent learning different languages of the countries he visists. He damn sure would LEARN the language of the country he chose to live in. THAT I can promise you.

4. Lead. I am VERY familiar with Mexican migrant workers here in Texas. I spent two years working SIDE BY SIDE with them on a ranch in south Texas. Alot of them tried very hard to learn to speak English. Very hard. The reason why? They planned on MOVING here legally with their familes later on. I still have contact with that ranch, and some of the same workers are there. They live there with there families. And some are now US citizens. I love that. To actually work with someone who wants to leave his/her native country, and live in ours.

Like I said earlier, uncle ted, I meant no offense. You are most welcome here anytime man.

Ya'll take care. Sorry for the long ass post. Lead you ain't mad at me, are you?
    My cyber little sister. LOL. Out.

[This message has been edited by track 5 (edited July 21, 2000 at 07:34 PM).]

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my main gripe about this is i dont think american plant supervisors should have to take spanish courses to do their job.
    most of them act like its your fault you cant understand them, the attitude ya know.