12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wives Winning By Saying
    'Yes' - 'Surrendered Women'
    Groups Proliferating
    By John Harlow in Los Angeles
    http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/p...nusa01001.html
    1-7-01

Women who always say 'yes' are going global. Laura Doyle, a Californian housewife who is making a fortune by encouraging other women to please their men, is setting up groups of so-called Surrendered Women in several countries, including Britain.

Doyle is the most controversial anti-feminist to emerge in America since Dr Laura Schlessinger, whose national television programmes are boycotted by gay and pro-choice activists.

A 33-year-old advertising copywriter from a comfortable suburb of Los Angeles, Doyle has whipped up a storm by promoting the philosophy that women are happiest when they obey their husbands at all times. Her advice manual, The Surrendered Wife, goes on sale in Britain in March.

The most controversial suggestion is that women should submit to sex whenever their husbands wish, and should not demand satisfaction for themselves. They should also forgive indiscretions away from home. This, Doyle claims, is the secret of a happy marriage.

Even in liberal California, she has not been dismissed as a throwback to the 1950s. Her theories are discussed on university courses and her "self-help" groups have spread across America.

Simon & Schuster has decided, in the face of media and academic interest, to double its print-run of her book to 100,000 copies for publication in America this week.

Doyle believes Britain is also ready for her brand of "gender peace-making".

"It is clear from the divorce rates that women have been doing something wrong for the past 30 years, and only Laura is brave enough to stand up in the face of liberal orthodoxies and say what she thinks it is," a friend said.

"The proof is in the pudding, as the British say, and many people who have followed her recommendations do have happier lives."

Doyle is part of a backlash against feminism that began in the early 1990s with books such as The Rules: Time Tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr Right.

She claims "surrendering" saved her 11-year marriage to John Doyle, 43, an internet advertising designer. "I looked around at my friends and saw how one allowed her husband to control their finances, and another never criticised his dress sense, and I stopped nagging him, challenging him over money and his career."

Sex was another big change. "Most men are not interested in having sex with their mothers, and that is who we remind them of when we try to control them. A surrendered wife always says yes, and is always available for sex," she said.

Her husband emphasises that he did not instigate the changes, although he has benefited from them. "It is harder work for the guy - I have to remember to pay the bills - but we really are happy. It's magic."

Doyle's reputation started spreading when friends noticed the change in her relationship and gathered to learn how she did it. They, in turn, drew in more women, and today thousands attend weekly "surrendering" meetings across the States.

Doyle said women were already forming Surrendered Wife self-help groups in Britain after reading extracts from her work on the internet and e-mailing her. "I am looking forward to teaching everyone who wants to save their relationship," she said.

She can expect a mixed reception from a lecture tour planned for Britain in the spring. Fay Weldon, the writer, said obedience was only sensible if a woman wed someone richer, wiser and of a higher social status. "But where is a girl going to find a superior these days? That's why so many get to their thirties solo," she said.

Christine Gailey, professor of anthropology at the University of California, Riverside, said compliance did not improve marriages. "Indeed, in most cases of long-term and intense wife-battering, extreme compliance by the wife is commonplace. That is only one nasty little problem with the author's thesis."

------------------
    Howard Stern News Desk

"I have ever considered the constitutional mode of election ultimately by the Legislature voting by States as the most dangerous blot in our Constitution --Thomas Jefferson on the Electoral College

"If you make peaceful change impossible..... you make violent revolution inevitable." President John F Kennedy

"No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities." -Christian Nestell Bovee, American author (1820-1904).

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.16.17 @ 10:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Christine Gailey is my professor right now! I'm taking Gender and Sexuality (It's a GE requirement).

Yeah, I'm taking Women's Studies (It's not what I thought it would be).

Go UC Riverside!!

Anyway, I think that whoever thinks that women should be "surrendering to men" is a complete idiot...Of course look where it's got Hillary. I guess it does work.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I DON'T FUCKING THINK SO

I'll respond more if people actually take
    this seriouslyso mind your posts, peeps...

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

They had big segment about this on the one of the primetime news shows last week. It was interesting the way that they went about it. These women who were having problems in their marriages had enrolled in this Surrendered Wives program. Generally they were women who ran the whole show in the family, and felt like they were mothering their husbands. The poor, whipped, and browbeaten husbands had no idea that their wives were taking these classes. It was funny to watch the poor guy's reactions to his wife treating him nicely for once, and to watch her have a hard time of treating him that way. After following them for a long period of time, the show did interviews. They both said they felt closer together, and that their relationship was more like they wanted it to be.

I'm not saying it's for everyone, or most people even, but it was interesting to watch.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Yuck. This is such a crock! Someone who submits all the time is "easy." I wouldn't like it if a guy submitted to me all the time. It would turn me off big time.

What happened to "playing hard to get?" Talk about time-tested secrets. "In order to be pursued, one must flee." And "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

------------------
    http://maya.iuma.com <-- My Stuff
    http://www.vhvault.com/1989 <-- My Van Halen Page

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

uh, well i gotta say that i don't like girls that are "easy" per se, but girls that boss me around and act all "mothery" tend to piss me off very easily.
    as for playing hard to get, well, some guys are shy as well, and making the first move is almost all the battle.
    i do think that absence makes the heart grow fonder, though.

------------------
    EBAS!!!!
    i know i would!!!
    i am a Dirty Faced Kid, although i do fancy myself a good lookin' fellow...
    AD for life...
    Diamond Mafia... respect the family...fuhgetaboutit

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

And here I always thought that absence made the heart go wander...

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    And here I always thought that absence made the heart go wander... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    guilty of that too. just kiddin, honest!!!

------------------
    EBAS!!!!
    i know i would!!!
    AD for life...

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Give me a Fucking break! My husband wouldnt know what to do if I submitted to his every demand. There in NO WAY IN HELL that it would happen.
    She is full of SHIT!

------------------
    Don't get that pepper in your eye!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Saying "No" sometimes is the same as being motherly?

I guess I must be "motherly" then. News to me.

------------------
    http://maya.iuma.com &lt;-- My Stuff
    http://www.vhvault.com/1989 &lt;-- My Van Halen Page

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no, of course not. girls that say 'no' are girls that have morals. but women who boss their husbands around and run the show would not be the type of person that i would be interested in dating. that's all i'm saying, mom.

------------------
    EBAS!!!!
    i know i would!!!
    AD for life...

[This message has been edited by laner (edited January 14, 2001 at 05:48 PM).]

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MightyVanHalen:

The most controversial suggestion is that women should submit to sex whenever their husbands wish, and should not demand satisfaction for themselves. They should also forgive indiscretions away from home. This, Doyle claims, is the secret of a happy marriage.

"It is clear from the divorce rates that women have been doing something wrong for the past 30 years, and only Laura is brave enough to stand up in the face of liberal orthodoxies and say what she thinks it is," a friend said.

Sex was another big change. "Most men are not interested in having sex with their mothers, and that is who we remind them of when we try to control them. A surrendered wife always says yes, and is always available for sex," she said.

Fay Weldon, the writer, said obedience was only sensible if a woman wed someone richer, wiser and of a higher social status. "But where is a girl going to find a superior these days? That's why so many get to their thirties solo," she said.

Christine Gailey, professor of anthropology at the University of California, Riverside, said compliance did not improve marriages. "Indeed, in most cases of long-term and intense wife-battering, extreme compliance by the wife is commonplace. That is only one nasty little problem with the author's thesis."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this thing is just another way for someone to make a dollar....
    sure, let's blame the women here
    it's all our fault....."it's clear from the divorce rates that women have been doing something wrong"........screw that noise....
    I didn't marry my husband to live in his shadow......and I wasn't looking for a superior........or to become a "mother"
    to him........I'm sure there are people who want that in a relationship...spankmans and
    all.........if it works......who cares?????
    And to "forgive indiscretions"???
    I don't think so.........she basically just
    wants women to be a fucking doormat....
    and get the shit knocked out of us according
    to the last paragraph.....we can't fight back, you know, cause men have all the control.
    I only saw a little of the show so I might have missed the part where all the "say yes always" was talked about.....

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You said it Angel!!
    No doormat here! any man who tries to hit me will be wheeled away with out his dick
    Been there once wont go again!!

------------------
    Don't get that pepper in your eye!

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

You gals are SO hot when you're angry, like this...

*sniff, sniff*

What's that I smell?

A VHForums chapter of the National Orginization for Women springing up?

Lawdy, lawd!

("Paging Gloria Allred..." LOL)

------------------
    "Hey Down, my brotha, never ever forget your priorities... Beer first, trash second." - A life lesson, courtesy of track 5

Official Bartender Of VHForums

VoodooQueen

------------------
    "Van Halen is a band-not the Sammy Hagar show, not the Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen or Michael Anthony show. We could be called Piss for all I care, but we are a band" -Edward Van Halen