Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Take a look at the Electoral College counts. Bush is going to win. You can bash him for doing coke in his past (Gore quit smoking up the day before he declared his candidacy for congress), his unwillingness to be specific in several cases (Gore changes his facts just as frequently, for instance quoting figures about Texas from '96, numbers like 48% in nation in SAT scores. These stats were due to Bush's Democrat predecessor who left office in '95). Further, many of you bash Bush for his enviormental record. Gore told citizens in Nevada that Bush was going to temporarily store nuclear waste in the state. He told them he was going to have a final solution and would not follow Bush's plan. Yet, recently, info has surfaced that Gore is planning to follow Bush's plan)As for tax plans, neither comes out the clear winner but I think Bush's is better. With Gore, only the middle class and poor win out. Plus, the govt. has a bigger grip on the country w. a stronger central govt. With Bush, everyone wins out with the rich receiving a slightly higher break. There's nothing wrong with that. The rich are the ones who are contributing most to the country tax wise and to the economy. Plus, by giving the upper echleon fair breaks, (and because they are the ones in charge of private enterprise and big business-the very reason the economy is doing so well) they are encouraged to better their equipment, raise their employees' salaries , and over all continue if not increase productivity. Plus, in terms of foreign policy, Gore supports continuing to spread our forces thin, engaging in nation building (a duty no one can truly fulfill and should be left to the nation itself). Bush favors being more selective in choosing our missions). Our army may be the srongest and most able in the world (but as enlistment has decreased in recent years due to inferior salary options in regards to civilian jobs and to downsizing during the Clinton years)but we are not suited to spread ourselves much thinner. As for the Middle East though, I disagree with both candidates. They both favor supporting Israel 100%. Why this country is so stupid, I don't know. Of all the countries in the area we chose to establish ourselves( for oil and for a base in the Middle East), we chose Israel. Personally, I think we should be concentrating on our relations w. Egypt. Israel goes completely against what America stands for. They are exclusionary immigrant wise (the most anti-immigration nation in the world), they are brutal (the U.S. nation is the only country in NATO to not condemn Israel for their dealings with Palestine i.e. real not rubber bullets vs. rocks) And don't give me the Muslims attacked the USS Cole. That has not been proven 100% and you can bet the Israelis would have done worse if we showed 100% support for Palestine even though we are serving as "un biased mediators." Inflamatory remarks such as establishing solely an Israeli capital in Jerusalem by Clinton and Gore didn't help much either.
    I'm sick of all you liberals bashing us moderates. The Democrats are just as crooked as the Republicans. They lie, they are puppets of industry as well i.e. Hollywood, and they are just as big a crooks. Fund raisers at Buddhist temples, taking money from lawyers, lying under oath. Plus, quit bashing Bush as a drunk and a coke head. Gore was a pot smoker until shortly after declaring his candidacy for congress. Neither candidate is truly better than the other. If one is, it's not by much. Although the next four years will probably be Republican both in the White House and in congress, maybe in the future we can look forward to a third party victory. I don't know about you but I'm sick of both the big parties.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

While I think you are totally full of yourself by discussing Texas education policies before and after GWB especially since you don't know what in the hell you are really talking about since you are not a teacher here in Texas, I agree with you about Israel. I can't understand why we tolerate these people. IMO they are the cause for the violence that is currently taking place. What do they offer us as a country that makes us take up for them? The Arab world has way more advantages to offer than a small bullying country. It sickened me to see Israeli snipers shooting kids on the news. I would be against us too if I was an Arab watching the U.S. pour money and support into an arrogant self absorbed country.

------------------
    500 horses and a Chrysler mill, makes the Limecuda the king of the hill

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Hooligan on a Holiday:

Take a look at the Electoral College counts. Bush is going to win.

So what? Yesterday I saw a poll that said Gore was ahead in elctoral. The polls have gone up and down for months. Electoral votes do not exist until November 7th.

You can bash him for doing coke in his past (Gore quit smoking up the day before he declared his candidacy for congress),

Says who? Rush Limpdick?

Further, many of you bash Bush for his enviormental record. Gore told citizens in Nevada that Bush was going to temporarily store nuclear waste in the state. He told them he was going to have a final solution and would not follow Bush's plan.

I don't know about this Nevada shit, but what does it have to do with the sickening level of pollution in Houston? Junior has allowed the polluters to write his state's (anti)environmental policies. Gore has always made the environment one of his priorities. No contest.

As for tax plans, neither comes out the clear winner but I think Bush's is better. With Gore, only the middle class and poor win out. Plus, the govt. has a bigger grip on the country w. a stronger central govt. With Bush, everyone wins out with the rich receiving a slightly higher break. There's nothing wrong with that.

Yes there is. The rich use every available loophole to get out of paying taxes already. If they actually paid the tax they owed, it would take some of the tax burden off the rest of us.

The rich are the ones who are contributing most to the country tax wise and to the economy. Plus, by giving the upper echleon fair breaks, (and because they are the ones in charge of private enterprise and big business-the very reason the economy is doing so well) they are encouraged to better their equipment, raise their employees' salaries , and over all continue if not increase productivity.

You seem to have a lot of faith in a bunch of greedy bastards who pay themselves seven figure salaries while their employees often need to have a two income household in order to make ends meet. If recent history is any indication, most of these corporations would rather move their manufacturing to Mexico or Asia, given the chance to do so. A federal government completely ran by the GOP would probably make it even easier on them to do so.

Plus, in terms of foreign policy, Gore supports continuing to spread our forces thin, engaging in nation building (a duty no one can truly fulfill and should be left to the nation itself).

Actually, I never heard that term being used until Junior's writers invented it as a soundbyte.

Bush favors being more selective in choosing our missions).

Such as protecting Bush family (Zapata oil) property with American troops in 1991. Is that your idea of "selective"?? I would rather see the troops stopping a genocidal Hitler wannabe like Milosevic than protecting the Bush family bank account.

Our army may be the srongest and most able in the world (but as enlistment has decreased in recent years due to inferior salary options in regards to civilian jobs and to downsizing during the Clinton years)

Downsizing that was begun by George Bush Sr. after the Zapata Oil war in 1991.

but we are not suited to spread ourselves much thinner. As for the Middle East though, I disagree with both candidates. They both favor supporting Israel 100%. Why this country is so stupid, I don't know. Of all the countries in the area we chose to establish ourselves( for oil and for a base in the Middle East), we chose Israel. Personally, I think we should be concentrating on our relations w. Egypt. Israel goes completely against what America stands for. They are exclusionary immigrant wise (the most anti-immigration nation in the world), they are brutal (the U.S. nation is the only country in NATO to not condemn Israel for their dealings with Palestine i.e. real not rubber bullets vs. rocks)

This is a valid point to some extent. Israel doesn't act much like the democracy they claim to be. But then, neither does the US anymore.

And don't give me the Muslims attacked the USS Cole.

Then who the Hell was it? The Klingons????

That has not been proven 100% and you can bet the Israelis would have done worse if we showed 100% support for Palestine even though we are serving as "un biased mediators." Inflamatory remarks such as establishing solely an Israeli capital in Jerusalem by Clinton and Gore didn't help much either.

The Jews have a historic claim to Jerusalem as their capital. The city is located within the borders of Israel. I'd say they have a pretty good case. Unfortunately, the city is also important in Muslim history. Christianity as well, obviously. Both sides claim that God/Allah/Jesus supports their position. As for God's view of the situation, He said "I will make Jerusalem a stumbling block for all people", which means this situation isn't going to get any better in the near future. Certainly an unqualified US president isn't going to help matters at all.

I'm sick of all you liberals bashing us moderates. The Democrats are just as crooked as the Republicans. They lie, they are puppets of industry as well i.e. Hollywood,

Hollywood, unlike the gun nuts and tobacco companies, isn't murdering anyone.

and they are just as big a crooks. Fund raisers at Buddhist temples, taking money from lawyers, lying under oath. Plus, quit bashing Bush as a drunk and a coke head. Gore was a pot smoker until shortly after declaring his candidacy for congress.

Again, who told you that bullshit? I can say for a fact that Junior Bush drank like a fish until the age of 40. He admitted it. I can say he did cocaine until at least the early 80's by interpreting his dodgy answer about passing a White House background check.

Neither candidate is truly better than the other. If one is, it's not by much.

Experience and competency for the job. There is absolutely no contest. Gore by light years.

Although the next four years will probably be Republican both in the White House and in congress,

God help us all

maybe in the future we can look forward to a third party victory. I don't know about you but I'm sick of both the big parties.

You sure seem a lot "less sick" of the Republicans

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

preaching the gospel of the one true Van HALEN for the redemption of a rock n roll world that's gone
    to boy band Hell.

[This message has been edited by FORD (edited October 25, 2000 at 06:47 PM).]

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ford, it's true I favor Republicans over Democrats. However, favor does not equate to all out support. I have common ground w. the Democrats as well. I'm pro-choice. I guess I didn't come off right. I was simply expressing what I had seen in the CBS and CNN polls. I truly don't like either one of these jokers. Gore is a lying, untrustworthy, and condescending candidate. Bush is not the brightest guy. His record in Texas has been far from outstanding. However, if I had to choose, I would chose Bush. It has been said in both the Chicago Tribune and NY Times that Bush is planning to surround himself with some very intelligent and reputable people. If there were a better third party candidate, I would support them but there isn't. But don't worry, I won't be voting this election. I'm only 17.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hooligan on a Holiday:
    It has been said in both the Chicago Tribune and NY Times that Bush is planning to surround himself with some very intelligent and reputable people.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lot's of people who've worked with his dad. They'll try to handle him, just like he's being handled now. If Bush wins, with luck they'll handle him well.

The issue isn't who gathers around the President, though. In the end, the President makes the decision, and represents the country.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice posts Hooligan. Well thought out. As you can see, you'll be bashed quite frequently with your common sense approach. It's cool though. That's what makes this America!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm not going to even bother to post my opinions in here, since I know I'll just get attacked.

Ah the burden of being a Republican these days.

Why did I post in here then? Just an artificial way to increase my count by one, silly

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Stuff, at least you know I won't bash you. (Hey you're right, this is an easy way to add to my post count)

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ah, what the hell. I'll add one more senseless one to make it that cool number "316".:

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hooligan on a Holiday:

It has been said in both the Chicago Tribune and NY Times that Bush is planning to surround himself with some very intelligent and reputable people.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is hardly a good reason to vote for him is it? He's unlikely to say he's gonna surround himself with stupid, disreputable people. And the need to say this at all suggests weakness not strength to me - it's an admission that he's an incapable moron.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:
    [B]Originally posted by Hooligan on a Holiday:

Hollywood, unlike the gun nuts and tobacco companies, isn't murdering anyone.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, Hollywood isn't killing anyone, they are just poisoning the minds of our youth with needless sex and violence in most of the garbage masquerading as movies these days. What would you want the gun industry to do, stop producing guns altogether? Altogether unlikely and very unrealistic. People need to realize that guns aren't the problem - a steady decline in peoples morals and attitudes is the major problem concerning this issue. Please join the NRA today! Support a hunter's right to keep and bear arms!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are few polls that say Gore is ahead, but he appears to be acting in desperation at this point. I heard he was campaining in Arkansas because it was a swing state, and Bill Clinton has joined the team. I also heard that Tennessee is being considered a swing state which was very surprising if it is true because even Walter Mondale won his own state.

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Do you look to movies for moral guidance? Of course you'll say know, and then you'll say that kids are influenced by these movies. Am I correct on that?

Morals come from the home. Parents need to be responsible for their children. There's no shortage of good entertainment material out there for kids. None at all. It's up to the parents to make these available, and keep materials that aren't suitable for kids unavailable.

GWB supports schools being forced to purchase internet filtering software. Makes for a great soundbite. Instead of wasting money on more software that can't teach anyone anything, why not spend the money on either more supervision or smaller classes?

I work in schools. Kids don't get to use the computers in an unsupervised environment. The teachers have specific lesson plans that the kids follow. They don't do a whole heck of a lot of surfing.

The paranoia of all the bad things that can happen on the internet sometimes causes problems. Kids have to have permission slips signed by their parents at the beginning of the school year allowing them to use the internet for school-related activities. Some parents won't sign, as they're ignorant of what the internet actually is. Their kids suffer. They can't even use the card catalog system in the library, as it's connected to the LAN and works off of servers in another building. When the other kids are doing interactive activities on web sites, they sit off to the side.

What I'm saying is that education is needed, not censorship. There've been quite a few controversies about what filtering software actually filters. It makes for interesting reading.

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Do you look to movies for moral guidance? Of course you'll say no, and then you'll say that kids are influenced by these movies. Am I correct on that?

Morals come from the home. Parents need to be responsible for their children. There's no shortage of good entertainment material out there for kids. None at all. It's up to the parents to make these available, and keep materials that aren't suitable for kids unavailable.

GWB supports schools being forced to purchase internet filtering software. Makes for a great soundbite. Instead of wasting money on more software that can't teach anyone anything, why not spend the money on either more supervision or smaller classes?

I work in schools. Kids don't get to use the computers in an unsupervised environment. The teachers have specific lesson plans that the kids follow. They don't do a whole heck of a lot of surfing.

The paranoia of all the bad things that can happen on the internet sometimes causes problems. Kids have to have permission slips signed by their parents at the beginning of the school year allowing them to use the internet for school-related activities. Some parents won't sign, as they're ignorant of what the internet actually is. Their kids suffer. They can't even use the card catalog system in the library, as it's connected to the LAN and works off of servers in another building. When the other kids are doing interactive activities on web sites, they sit off to the side.

What I'm saying is that education is needed, not censorship. There've been quite a few controversies about what filtering software actually filters. It makes for interesting reading.

[This message has been edited by MikeL (edited October 26, 2000 at 10:46 AM).]

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Apparenntly, I need some education on using the internet too!