Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Not our POW's it appears, though.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is that duct tape?
    I've got the cure you're thinking of.<br />------------------<br />Remixed! Van Halen covers done by my band: <br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Dreams.mp3" target="_blank">Dreams</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Panama.mp3" target="_blank">Panama</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Unchained.mp3" target="_blank">Unchained</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/AtomicPunk.mp3" target="_blank">Atomic Punk</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/SomebodyGetMeADoctor.mp3" target="_blank">Somebody Get Me a Doctor</a><br /><br />NEW: Burning Tires and Dr. Love:<br /><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/HearAboutItLater.mp3" target="_blank">Hear About It Later</a>

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Those are Al Quada mofo's man. Check out the dudes on the right with blood and shit on them.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Those POW's are capable of mass murder and destruction. They are fortunate that they didn't get their throats slit accidently by getting a shave from some of those Marines. I sympathize with the need to be political, but those bastards each have a bullet with their name on it, and we shouldn't be so hesitant not to use it. Bring those bitches to Texas for some real justice!!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    Those POW's are capable of mass murder and destruction. They are fortunate that they didn't get their throats slit accidently by getting a shave from some of those Marines. I sympathize with the need to be political, but those bastards each have a bullet with their name on it, and we shouldn't be so hesitant not to use it. Bring those bitches to Texas for some real justice!!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    Now, Ed...What about their rights?
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by SactoFan:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    Now, Ed...What about their rights? </font>[/QUOTE]Man, don't even get me on the bleeding heart liberal shit that's been thrown around regarding these sons of whores... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

For all the tough talk about how they should be treated and bleeding heart liberals, there's a duty of care we owe them. When we take POWs, we assume responsibility for them. We expect our POWs to be treated well. My guess is that those that show little regard for our prisoners have no military experience, and certainly no experience in having a loved one taken as a POW. Talk is cheap.

In 1944, German troops slaughtered 81 American POWs. We're better than that, and we expect better than that.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:28 AM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member
    Who's talking about slaughtering them? They're being very well cared-for. Al-Queda and Taliban prisoners in Afghanistan are begging to be taken to Guantanamo Bay.

The other question I have is how come Art Bell got this picture sent to him? Go figure.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'd say this counts:

Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    ...those bastards each have a bullet with their name on it, and we shouldn't be so hesitant not to use it. Bring those bitches to Texas for some real justice!!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    I agree with you, Elwood. There's nothing wrong at all with how they're being treated.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by MikeL:
    For all the tough talk about how they should be treated and bleeding heart liberals, there's a duty of care we owe them. When we take POWs, we assume responsibility for them. We expect our POWs to be treated well. My guess is that those that show little regard for our prisoners have no military experience, and certainly no experience in having a loved one taken as a POW. Talk is cheap.

In 1944, German troops slaughtered 81 American POWs. We're better than that, and we expect better than that.
    I agree that talk is cheap, especially when you don't understand the issues. All of the wars that the US has been involved with have been political wars, not deliberate genocide AGAINST an entire people.

As for POWs, again, talk is cheap if you don't have a grasp of your audience. My father fought in two wars, and I lost a brother-in-law as MIA. So yes, talk is cheap, and assuming your the only one who can have a lost one is also cheap. You did insinuate that you lost someone, and my heart goes out to you for that, assuming that is what you were insinuating...

The atrocities against the US were not a "war". It was a deliberate act of terrorism staged in a theater that we as a country were unable to defend. Iraqis know we may be coming after them, and they are preparing their defense. As we debate the ethical standing of how we can treat these people fairly, the Iraqis are most likely plotting how to kill and mame our people, and may in fact be using al Qaeda resources.

Yes, talk is cheap my friend, but let's be nice to everyone anyway. I don't see a sound resolution in that attitude, and I don't see how to justify the al Qaeda efforts as a "war". They are cowards that strike and hide. There is no war.

Some of these "POWs" are probably God fearing men, who don't beleive the rants and ravings of Bin Laden. They may be wearing bombs to kill people, but only because they had a maladjusted upbringing and don't know any better. Sure, al Qaeda may be selling drugs to teenagers and forcing children into slavery and sex, but its because they have trouble finding work to fund their own "Jihad". They may videotape the beheading of someone like Daniel Pearl because they just want a little attention since Mom and Dad were off grooming camels and raking sand while they were growing up. Sure MikeL, and you think we owe them something? [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

MikeL, until you show some "military experience" and go have a talk with some of these folks about their future intentions, I'm going on the assumption that they will try to kill again the first chance they get. I don't buy into us treating them more humanely will influence their decision to maybe not kill someone in or from my country. But hey, I would be interested in what you could find out if you go down there and sit down to try to understand them as "people". I mean that sincerely. Let me know when your headed out to get to know them, MikeL. Yes MikeL, talk is very cheap, and and I agree that it's easy to say things when you're not directly involved nor have the experience to understand the issue... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Finally MikeL, please don't get me wrong on one very strong point: We here in Texas are sympathetic to humane treatment of those that are a menace to society. We here in Texas are humane and have used lethal injection since 1977, so the Liberala don't need to worry about the inhumanity of the electric chair. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] Send me a PM when you have a better understanding of the "POWs" from this "war" MikeL, and we can discuss more. I don't mind eatting humble pie, and if you prove me wrong, I would gladly offer an apology. In the mean time, let's bring those boys to Texas to show them some southern hospitality [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ November 10, 2002, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: el_jalepeno ]

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

So what pray tell are you saying? Nothing other than that you feel the need for vengence on defenseless men.

If they're taken as prisoners of war, they deserve to be treated as such. We have the moral high ground, and there's no need to lower ourselves to their level. They aren't about to harm anyone in our custody, and our humane treatment of them isn't for their benefit. It's for ours, because it is the right thing to do.

Maybe that doesn't mean anything to you. Maybe you don't have a functioning moral compass. Maybe you think war is a game. Maybe you're just an idiot that likes to talk about killing POWs in the same breath that he talks about justice. Either way, you're all talk.

I've worn the uniform. I've served my country. I've talked to POWs and concentration camp victims. My own family is very fortunate that we've not suffered a loss. Knowing people who have has made me grateful, and given me an appreciation of the sacrifices that have been made. If we cast aside our values and our principles, those sacrifices were for naught.

There are no rules to terrorism, but there are rules to war. If we disregard them because the other side doesn't play fair, what have we become?

[ November 10, 2002, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: MikeL ]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

"...feel the need for vengence on defenseless men." How do you explain the contribution of these men to the little girl who's father died in the Twin Towers? How do you explain to the pregnant wife that these defenseless men deserve more rights than her husband who flew out on an airplane for business to provide for his family and was murdered by friends and comrades of these "defenseless men"?

Those men are allowed to pray as they see fit, they are allowed the freedom to practice their religion and wear their turbans. They are allowed to protest and organize a hunger strike. And if they can make it past one day, more power to them. They are allowed exactly what they despise: Freedom in the purest sense. They do not understand it, and no amount of influence or humanity is going to keep them from killing again as soon as they get the chance. Of that, I am confident.

I do have an appreciation for many things in this world, and apparently I have suffered greater losses than you from your post. I won't argue that my opinion is more justified than yours, but I would recommend you take a deeper look at what these monsters are, instead of what you want them to be.

There are no rules when dealing with terrorists, and no one has said the rules are in stone. But you ask what we become if we don't follow those rules??? Who said the rules are even there? If your wife or girlfriend decides to change the rules and sleep with your best friend or her boss while you are at work, are you going to tell me that you'll stick with your rules and say it's OK and let her continue to do it? You say you wore the uniform. Admirable to say the least, however wasn't that uniform a symbol to stand up for what you and the rest of the armed services beleive in? Rules change, and adaption is the only way to succeed.

And next time you want your "experience" to be taken seriously, be ready to back it up with real experience, not assumptions you made from other people's experiences or losses. That was a pretty cheap argument you made earlier by implying the "experience" of losing someone as a POW. And pretty disrespectful to the people you claim to have such close ties with. Yes, MikeL, talk is cheap.

[ November 10, 2002, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: el_jalepeno ]

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I didn't imply any such thing, and didn't minimize in any way who or what these POWs are. You speak of me inferring suffering, while you play off 9/11 sympathies. You belittle my experience, while offering none of your own. You're a peach.

Now tell me, el_jalepeno, what is your experience? From what background do you speak, and how do you justify your stance that the right thing to do is kill these POWs. I want to hear your well considered opinion on the matter. Let's see if you can come up with an argument beyond retribution and "Texas justice." Give me some precedent, and some idea of how this will uphold our values.

Better yet, show me the difference between what you advocate and the actions of the Germans at Malmedy or the Japanese during the Bataan Death March.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by MikeL:
    I didn't imply any such thing, and didn't minimize in any way who or what these POWs are. You speak of me inferring suffering, while you play off 9/11 sympathies. You belittle my experience, while offering none of your own. You're a peach.

Now tell me, el_jalepeno, what is your experience? From what background do you speak, and how do you justify your stance that the right thing to do is kill these POWs. I want to hear your well considered opinion on the matter. Let's see if you can come up with an argument beyond retribution and "Texas justice." Give me some precedent, and some idea of how this will uphold our values.

Better yet, show me the difference between what you advocate and the actions of the Germans at Malmedy or the Japanese during the Bataan Death March.
    Read my previous posts. I explained my reasoning on each of your points. And I am not saying that "Texas justice" is the only way to go. But these men are being treated fairly, as I stated in my last post, and they are enjoying freedoms that they would kill other people for in their own country. Even the act of giving these men a trial is more than they would afford people in similar situations in their own country. You can't argue with that.

If there is a better way to bring justice, let's here it. I may seem like death is the only way, an eye for an eye, but there would be those who argue that life in prisonment is cruel and unusual as well. Where do we draw the line? We as a country are condemed because we do impose the death penalty with little success at curbing crime, while Europe shuns the thought of capitol punishment. No, death is not the only answer. But with these people, what would be the incentive for them to stop committing the crimes against humanity? So, in a perfect world, what would you do? What do you think would be just? As I mentioned, I supported my reasoning in my previous posts, right or wrong, but tell me what you think would be a viable solution that would appease the majority.