Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

JUMP, RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL&LOVE COMES WALKING IN
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the hulkamaniac brother gives the props to a lot of all time great humaniods. as a young hulkamaniac borther i looked up to hulk hogan. i liked that he waved the flag, helped out with children's charities and gave people good things to live there lives by. i also admire van halen for all there music and for how eddie just picks up a guitar out of nowhere and changes music and our lives for life and forever brothers! the hulkamaniac brother can not forgot the king! If it were not for the great king then there would be no rock and roll at all my sisters and brothers. the hulkamaniac brother knows that the king was a man that many men still want ot be like. the jumpsuits, the caddillacs, the hair and the moves. what all american boy did not want to be like mr. presley. now there are others who the mighty hulkamaniac brothers admires and give props to but right now the hulkamniac brother wants to know who do you give props to?

" I'M JUST THE DEVIL WITH LOVE TO SPARE"- ELVIS

"THANK YOU...THANK YOU VERY MUCH" - ELVIS

"WHAT YOU GOING TO DO..." - HULK HOGAN

"SLICK BLACK CADILLAC" - QUIET RIOT

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Mega mega props to my man Jesus the Christ. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Hemmingway, Ed (talent, more than the man), Churchill, My Grandpa.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I admire many people, but one of my top people to admire has to be Wilson Rawls, author of Where the Red Fern Grows and Summer of the Monkeys. Rawls wrote his life in these two books. He was not formally educated and didn't even go to a regular school until his H.S. years...Despite that, he wrote my favorite book of all-time...Red Fern...

My heart breaks every time I read it. I have to keep something to drink close by when I read it to my classes for those moments when the story gets to me..."Excuse me, my throat is a bit dry..."

I read it for the first time when I was 11 and I can recall every detail of where I bought the book and where I was when I finished it for the first time...

I can only hope that I could write something that touched someone as much as his book has touched me...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmmmm... I admire my mom the most. After my dad died, she was left alone to raise three little kids by herself. She went through alot of hell, making hundreds of sacrifices so that we could have what we wanted... and she did a great job. She's battled two bouts of cancer, and is so far victorious, and she's encountered so many life obstacles that she's got the right to be extremely bitter, but she's not. She's a wonderful role model.

I also admire Jimmy Carter, the man. He's a wonderful human being, who selflessly gives of himself to help others. I've read some of his writings, and he really touches me with his compassion. I'm not talking about his term as president, so... be gentle here! [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

My brother. Single, wealthy. He lives in NY and sponsors a several impoverished children through school (elementary through college). He is generous to a fault. He never puts material goods over the needs of others, and he lives his life frugally so that he can help people who need assistance.
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Last Online

04.24.05 @ 02:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Amen to your mom [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] my mother also battled with cancer but passed away from it [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] I have to say my mom for one... my big brother who lost his life in Nam back in 67' my kids and Nolan Ryan I met him few years back when I was in Texas I was in his home town he's a very nice person very down to earth kind of guy and course Ed [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Cheers <br />Webmaster of <br /><a href="http://www.vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">www.vhstrungout.com</a><br /><a href="http://www.edward-van-halen.com" target="_blank">www.edward-van-halen.com</a><br /><a href="http://vanhalenradio.com" target="_blank">www.Van Halen Radio.com</a>

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Ben Italiano:
    Amen to your mom [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] my mother also battled with cancer but passed away from it [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] I have to say my mom for one... my big brother who lost his life in Nam back in 67' my kids and Nolan Ryan I met him few years back when I was in Texas I was in his home town he's a very nice person very down to earth kind of guy and course Ed [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Sorry about your mom Ben, and your brother... (((hugs)))

Nolan Ryan is a cool guy. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Frank Stallone
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my old coach. he battled cancer when he was still an athlete, and everyone else on the team totally dismissed him. he beat it, and went on to compete in a couple more races. he's the coolest guy, like a big brother to me. i'll never forget when i told him that i was packin it in. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    his knowledge of luge and life in general astounds me always.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hmm, i don't know, probably my parents, but some singers also. or maybe even evh.
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my grandmother

she lived through the Great Depression, raised 5 children on a PA country farm, and raised eleven grandkids (she has even more than that and a slew of great-grandchildren)

She learned basic Yiddish, speaks Polish fluently, speakes her native Slovakian (but she's from Austria! lol), plus speaks beautiful English. Continues to hold a strong faith in her creator. A strong bond I can only hope I still hold close to my heart after life puts me through half of what she had to endure. She also is extremely faithful in thought and action to my deceased grandfather--a man she loved dearly. She stood tall with him through the worst days of his lung cancer, which he got form working in the mines to support the family they created. She strained her eyes sewing and hurt her legs many times cleaning up store fronts to contribute her share. She never backs down to show weakness. She gives and gives, never asks for anything back, and unfortunately, that is what she gets. I cherish the time I spend with her and I know she is grateful for the company. 82 and still a firecracker with her comments. I get my smart assism from her. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says its half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says its so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it. The psychoanalyst says the cup is your mother. The punk sitting next to you also says the cup is your mother. The romance novelist says the cup is a willing receptacle to the wild gushing torrents of pure passion from the hard chiseled urn. The zen master says There is no cup. Pamela Anderson says her cups are definitely full. Me? Refill!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

cloudie sky that is an amazing story. She's luck she's got you in her cheering section! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'd have to add my Gramma to my list too. She's 100 yrs and 8 months old... she says she can revert to months again, cuz now every day counts big time! She still lives on her own, and scares me with how astute she is with politics and the news. She's more current on information then most people I know. She had a tough time too. But, I don't wanna take away from your grandmother's amazing story!

[ June 20, 2002, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: LA ]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

JUMP, RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL&LOVE COMES WALKING IN
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by LA:
    Hmmmm... I admire my mom the most. After my dad died, she was left alone to raise three little kids by herself. She went through alot of hell, making hundreds of sacrifices so that we could have what we wanted... and she did a great job. She's battled two bouts of cancer, and is so far victorious, and she's encountered so many life obstacles that she's got the right to be extremely bitter, but she's not. She's a wonderful role model.

the hulkamaniac brother thinks what you wrote LA is beautiful. most people say they admire gods like elvis and eddie but i tihnk maybe we should look to real people as heros to. god bless your mama for what she did. the hulkamaniac brother thinks more poeple should look up to you and cherish and admire there folks. even on the children's show johnny bravo the main character looks up to his mama most of all.

I also admire Jimmy Carter, the man. He's a wonderful human being, who selflessly gives of himself to help others. I've read some of his writings, and he really touches me with his compassion. I'm not talking about his term as president, so... be gentle here! [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

My brother. Single, wealthy. He lives in NY and sponsors a several impoverished children through school (elementary through college). He is generous to a fault. He never puts material goods over the needs of others, and he lives his life frugally so that he can help people who need assistance.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this is sort of weird, but i'll confess [img]smile.gif[/img] , i sort of look up to kelly osbourne [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] OMG i'm so embarassed, but i really think shes cool. [img]redface.gif[/img]
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>