Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Simply, the most important game of the year.

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Last Online

Would somebody, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssse, put a sticky on dis mug.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Last Online

Brutus says: Ohio State is Number #1 !!!!!!!

[ November 23, 2002, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Van Gully ]

Last Online

BUCKEYE PRIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Online

O-H-I-O, GO BUCKS !!!!!!!!!!

Last Online

OSU - All the WAY!!!!!!!!

Tempe bound, babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

First 6 albums and bov1
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

03.16.12 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Gully you get a buckeye. But go Buckeyes!!!
    Georgia Tech Football - Bring on Utah!!!! Go Jackets!!!!
    Falcons - I hear playoffs
    Atlanta Braves - Need to make some real moves
    Atl Hawks - 3-0 alright were undefeated and when did they pick up this guy called Marvin Williams?????
    PS3 Network - VanHalen

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I really hope Miami loses a game so us Oklahoma Sooners can teach you all a lesson. Bottom line is, we're easily one of the top two teams in the nation alongside Miami. After this weekend we'll be ranked 3rd in the BCS after an unfortunate loss to Texas A&M, who happened to play their best game in the last 3 years in support of their coach against our worst game in....the last 3 years actually. But hey, the Big 12 conference is by far the toughest conference in the nation, so losses happen, and I'd like to see Miami or Ohio State play our schedule. I guarantee you that EITHER team wouldn't have half the wins they do now if they were in the Big 12. Oklahoma's defense blows away anyone elses, who cares about stinkin' stats, watch the games and anyone can see that. Our offense has finally come around and to be perfectly honest with you, I truthfully think that Oklahoma is the only team in the country that is capable of beating Miami in a championship bowl game right now. No way Ohio State can pull it off, you take Clarett out of the game and OSU SUCKS!! OSU has only played 2 good teams in my opinion, Texas Tech and Michigan, and Texas Tech wasn't playing very well at the beginning of the year. You guys beat Tech 45-21 then, now Tech is playing their best and we beat them 60-15, and this game was huge and for the Big 12 South!! I really wish Oklahoma and Ohio State could go at it in the Fiesta Bowl, OSU would be shocked at how over-rated they really are, because for the first time this year Clarett would face a defense he couldn't run millions of yards against. Now let's look at Miami's easy schedule......Florida A&M-sucks, Florida-decent but not too impressive, Temple-sucks, Boston College-like Florida, sure they beat Notre Dame, but Notre Dame is pretty darn over-rated, obviously, Connecticut-not that good, Florida State-not that good this year, West Virginia-finally a decent team, but still not great, Rutgers-terrible, Tennessee-decent but not great, Pittsburgh-the best team Miami has played all year, but still not too highly ranked, Syracuse- not great, Virginia Tech-last few games have proven that they are/were incredibly over-rated.
    Bottom line is Oklahoma plays much tougher games against higher ranked teams, and I'm not talking about teams that are ranked high by playing weak games, I'm talking about teams like Alabama-very good, it's a shame their team is on probation, Missouri-above average, Texas-has proven they are a top team in the country, Colorado-very good, Texas Tech-the only other team besides us who could pull off a win against Texas, and even Oklahoma State is as good or better than 75% of all the teams Ohio State and Miami play combined. Sure, if Miami wins out, Oklahoma can only blame themselves for allowing Texas A&M to beat them, but the truth is, if we manage to just play average every game, it would be extremely difficult for any team to beat us. I still say we're #1. But, this kind of thing just goes to show that we need to eliminate the BCS, and go with play-offs. If Ohio State plays Miami, I do however HOPE that OSU wins, but I just don't think they have a chance.

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The College football playoff system is horrible. They need to go to an 8 team playoff that is like the NCAA Basketball tournament. If Miami wins out and plays Ohio St. in the Fiesta Bowl for the Nat. Championship they will get pounded. I think the better Matchup, assuming Miami wins out, would be Miami vs. either Oklahoma or Iowa. Iowa is clearly the best team in the Big Ten and the fact that they don't get a chance to play Ohio St. is ridiculas because they would pound them as well.
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge

Last Online

Originally posted by bcgvh:
    I really hope Miami loses a game so us Oklahoma Sooners can teach you all a lesson. Bottom line is, we're easily one of the top two teams in the nation alongside Miami. After this weekend we'll be ranked 3rd in the BCS after an unfortunate loss to Texas A&M, who happened to play their best game in the last 3 years in support of their coach against our worst game in....the last 3 years actually. But hey, the Big 12 conference is by far the toughest conference in the nation, so losses happen, and I'd like to see Miami or Ohio State play our schedule. I guarantee you that EITHER team wouldn't have half the wins they do now if they were in the Big 12. Oklahoma's defense blows away anyone elses, who cares about stinkin' stats, watch the games and anyone can see that. Our offense has finally come around and to be perfectly honest with you, I truthfully think that Oklahoma is the only team in the country that is capable of beating Miami in a championship bowl game right now. No way Ohio State can pull it off, you take Clarett out of the game and OSU SUCKS!! OSU has only played 2 good teams in my opinion, Texas Tech and Michigan, and Texas Tech wasn't playing very well at the beginning of the year. You guys beat Tech 45-21 then, now Tech is playing their best and we beat them 60-15, and this game was huge and for the Big 12 South!! I really wish Oklahoma and Ohio State could go at it in the Fiesta Bowl, OSU would be shocked at how over-rated they really are, because for the first time this year Clarett would face a defense he couldn't run millions of yards against. Now let's look at Miami's easy schedule......Florida A&M-sucks, Florida-decent but not too impressive, Temple-sucks, Boston College-like Florida, sure they beat Notre Dame, but Notre Dame is pretty darn over-rated, obviously, Connecticut-not that good, Florida State-not that good this year, West Virginia-finally a decent team, but still not great, Rutgers-terrible, Tennessee-decent but not great, Pittsburgh-the best team Miami has played all year, but still not too highly ranked, Syracuse- not great, Virginia Tech-last few games have proven that they are/were incredibly over-rated.
    Bottom line is Oklahoma plays much tougher games against higher ranked teams, and I'm not talking about teams that are ranked high by playing weak games, I'm talking about teams like Alabama-very good, it's a shame their team is on probation, Missouri-above average, Texas-has proven they are a top team in the country, Colorado-very good, Texas Tech-the only other team besides us who could pull off a win against Texas, and even Oklahoma State is as good or better than 75% of all the teams Ohio State and Miami play combined. Sure, if Miami wins out, Oklahoma can only blame themselves for allowing Texas A&M to beat them, but the truth is, if we manage to just play average every game, it would be extremely difficult for any team to beat us. I still say we're #1. But, this kind of thing just goes to show that we need to eliminate the BCS, and go with play-offs. If Ohio State plays Miami, I do however HOPE that OSU wins, but I just don't think they have a chance.
    Listen, fuckstick! OSU is 13-0! Period. The game against Texas Tech. easily could have been 66-7, but Tressel started subbing in 2nd and 3rd stringers mid-way thru the 3rd quarter. Oklahoma lost,just like sorry ass Iowa; they didn't have the mental toughness to play at a high level, at all times, throughout the season and they LOST!!!!!!!! The Big 12 is a good conference but it's still second to the Big Ten. OSU has THE best defense, bar none, in the nation. The Buckeyes have shut down all offensive powerhouses. All! Not even the great Larry Johnson of Penn St. could run against the Bucks. The only game where he didn't have 100 yds plus was against OSU. He ran for only 53 yds. And don't get me going on Washington St. OSU shut down that Heisman hopeful QB with no problem. And you think Hybel...Herpel...whatever the fuck could do any better against the Bucks D? Bwwwaaaaaaaahahahahahahaahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

You know, you don't hear Miami fans talking shit about OSU because they know the deal. They see a smothering defense and an offense that can explode and score quick points when it needs to or grind it out when they want to. They see how strong OSU is; all the Okie fokie tards and Iowa crybabies just can't accept the fact that their teams just didn't have the intestinal fortittude to get to the big dance. So cry me, and all the other Buckeye faithfuls, a mutha fuckin' river. Your teams just didn't have what it takes to be a champion. So SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

All I can say is Ohio St. barely beat Michigan at home and Iowa pounded Michigan in Ann Arbor. With both teams going undefeated in the Big Ten that is all you can look at, and this is coming from a huge Michigan Fan. There is no one more than I that would have wanted to see Michigan beat Iowa in the Big House, but the fact is they came in and handed us our ass. Iowa is the best team in the Big Ten, Period.
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

miami will blow ohio state off the field if they play

i personally think oklahoma would beat both of em.

and i'll give you one word why ohio state is undefeated...iowa

JMJ

[ November 24, 2002, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: JMJ ]
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

All you football neophytes amaze me.

If Penn St., Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota couldn't run against the Bucks; what the fuck do you think the Hawkeyes could do? Nothing! The best running offense (next to OSU), that being Penn St., were completely shut down. DOWN!!!!!!!! Iowa lost to sorry-ass Iowa St.; who showed how overrated they were early in the season by losing to UConn just this past weekend! Mutha fuckin' UConn!!!! So, by all you Buckeye haters reasoning, UConn must be better than Iowa and OSU and, thus, should be playing for the national title. Iowa is nowhere near being the best team in the nation. They give up easy points. I'm not slagging their Offense. Their offense can score but their defense is only mediocre. The Bucks "D" is the best. Better than Oklahoma, Iowa, Michigan, Penn St., Notre Dame, USC, Texas, Washington St., Miami, or any other pretender in the nation. The Bucks are too strong and too fast over-all for ANY team in the nation. OSU has the best running back; one of the best recievers (Jenkins); the best athelete (Gamble); a very intelligent - none mistake making QB, and , let me say it once again, THE BEST DEFENSE IN THE NATION, BAR NONE!!!!!!! And anyone with one iota of football sense knows that it's defense that wins the game. No one has as good a "D" as OSU. Cry all you want about how close some of our games were but the fact remains that NOBODY can score against the Bucks. All you poor LOSERS need to stop listening to all the whiners on ESPN and face reality - your teams DID NOT HAVE WHAT IT TOOK TO BE A CHAMPION!!

I expect full apologies on 3 Jan. 03 after OSU secures/wins the national title against Miami (not Iowa or Oklahoma - because they're not championship material).

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Only problem here, Gully, is OSU has a horrible bowl game record. Then again, I said that saturday morning about their record against Michigan in the clutch.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:44 PM
    Liked 11,543 Times in 4,918 Posts

Fuck the Big-10 period, all you Midwest apologists.

The Pac-10 would beat the shit out of the Big-10. USC would beat down OSU and Michigan. The team playing the best ball in the country right now is out West folks, don't kid yourself. Too bad there is such a pathetic East Coast bias in this country, USC nor Carson Palmer will get the respect they deserve.

Oh BTW Gully, USC has the best quarterback and the three best receivers in the country, to go along with 3 of the top linebacking corps as well, so eat it. You know what team had the #1 hardest schedule in the country and are 9-2 with it, the University of Southern California. So get off the OSU kick, they're going down to Miami or Oklahoma anyway. Too bad they won't play in the Rose Bowl so SC or Washington St. could slap them silly too.

Oh and Miami = extremely overrated
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!