Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Gee, who'd uh thunk it? Could this have anything to do with them and the germans having exploratory rights on Iraqi soil for oil? Could this actually be a reason why they oppose use of force with Iraq? Surely not! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] The French are only interested in PEACE, not oil interests! Banish the thought!!

You don't hear about this in your evening news....wonder why not??

http://www.washtimes.com/national/gertz.htm

Probe sought of French parts sales
    By Bill Gertz
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES

The U.S. government should investigate reports that France allowed Iraq to obtain military equipment in violation of U.N. sanctions, a senior Republican senator said yesterday.
    "There is no need for France to sell equipment to Saddam Hussein," said Sen. Ted Stevens of Alaska. "It is international treason. ... It is in violation of a U.N. resolution, and there should be no question — no question — about French officials. They should come forward quickly to deal with the story."
    Mr. Stevens made the remarks in a Senate floor speech about a report in yesterday's editions of The Washington Times.
    U.S. officials told The Times that American intelligence had detected a French company selling aircraft and helicopter parts to Iraq for its French-made Mirage jets and Gazelle attack helicopters. The sales have been carried out since at least January.
    Nathalie Loiseau, press counselor at the French Embassy, yesterday repeated her denial that any military spare parts were sold to Iraq.
    Bush administration officials declined to comment on reports of the sales, citing a policy of not commenting on intelligence matters.
    However, State Department spokeswoman Jo-Anne Prokopowicz said the department is concerned about Iraq's efforts to evade U.N. sanctions and import military goods.
    "U.N. sanctions prohibit the transfer to Iraq of arms and material of all types, including military aircraft and spare parts," Miss Prokopowicz said in an interview.
    "We take illicit transfers to Iraq very seriously and work closely with our allies to prevent Iraq from acquiring sensitive equipment," she said.
    Mr. Stevens, who is chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, said he planned to investigate the parts transfer.
    "As a pilot and a former war pilot, this disturbs me greatly that the French would allow in any way parts for the Mirage to be exported so the Iraqis could continue to use those planes," Mr. Stevens said. "The French make very good aircraft parts, but they should not be finding their way to Saddam Hussein at this time."
    Mr. Stevens, who also heads the defense appropriations subcommittee, said Germany, in addition to France, may have supplied military goods to Iraq.
    "We intend to make some inquiries today and to find out what more we know than is disclosed in this newspaper article about the shipment of military parts from either France or Germany into Iraq," Mr. Stevens said.
    "I believe the American people need to know more about this. We need to know why two ... among the best of our allies [are] standing on the sidelines as we prepare to try and destroy this regime that threatens the world," he said.
    "In my judgment, it's something that the Senate must take very seriously if either of those governments has allowed the export of war materials to go to Iraq at this time."
    In the House, Rep. Curt Weldon, Pennsylvania Republican and a senior member on the House Armed Services Committee, said he is angered by France's support for Iraq.
    Mr. Weldon called the transfer of French military spare parts to Iraq "outrageous."
    "The French, unfortunately, are becoming less trustworthy than the Russians," Mr. Weldon said in an interview. "It's outrageous they would allow technology to support the jets of Saddam Hussein to be transferred."
    Mr. Weldon said he has written to the presidents of France and Germany criticizing their governments for getting U.S. military forces to lead a 1999 bombing campaign against Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic, an effort that was not authorized by the United Nations.
    "Milosevic is a war criminal, but Saddam is a worse war criminal, and here the French and Germans are saying resolve this peacefully," Mr. Weldon said of Iraq.
    Rep. H. James Saxton, New Jersey Republican, also criticized France for not supporting U.S. efforts in Iraq.
    "The French, who have been our allies, who have received so much assistance from us over the years, and who might be expected to cooperate in a united front, failed to do so," Mr. Saxton said yesterday. "That, I think, is inexcusable."
    Mr. Saxton last month introduced a House resolution that urged American companies, citizens and military agencies to boycott the annual Paris Air Show this summer if France does not support the United States.
    The congressman also introduced legislation that would ban the Pentagon from taking part in the air show.
    Mr. Saxton introduced a bill this week that would prevent French companies from receiving U.S. funds that will be spent rebuilding Iraq after Saddam is ousted.
    "It seems to me that if the French don't help us to help disarm Saddam, they should understand they're opting out of the entire process," said Mr. Saxton, a member of the House Armed Services Committee and chairman of the terrorism subcommittee.
    House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert also is considering House action that would impose penalties on France related to wine and mineral water sales.
    • This article is based in part on wire service reports.
    Thats interesting. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

The following products, companies, and services are guaranteed to support the perfidious French economy. Let's show them how we feel and cross them OFF our shopping lists, shall we?

Perrier
    Aqualung
    Ugima Stainless Steel
    Ungaro
    Evian
    Ricard
    Baccarat
    DFS
    Miami Cruiseline Services
    Peugeot
    Citroen
    Renault
    Rossignon
    Moet-Chandon
    Chateauneuf-du-Pape
    Maybelline
    BF Goodrich
    Uniroyal
    Georgio Armani Parfum
    Dermablend
    Matrix Essentials
    Michelin
    Red Roof
    Motel 6 (yes, French!)
    Suitehotel
    Mephisto shoes
    Axa Financial
    L'Oreal Paris
    Grey Goose
    Dannon
    Yves St. Laurent
    Oscar de la Renta
    Lalique
    Waterman Pens
    Heller model kits
    Cloudy Bay
    Lu (cookies)
    Limoges
    Lacoste
    Varilux
    Hachette Fillipacchi Media (owns Woman's Day, Elle, Boating, Car & Driver, Premiere, Popular Photography, American Photo,
    Flying, and many more)
    Roquefort cheese (it cannot be called Roquefort unless French, hence "bleu" if of other origin)
    La Farge
    FJA AG
    Bank of the West
    First Hawaiian Bank
    Daume
    Aventis
    Dosatron
    La Prairie
    Hella model kits
    George DuBoeuf Wines
    Perrier-Jouet
    Gerbe Paris
    Cap Gemini Ernst & Young
    Lectra CAD/CAM
    Les Halles Steakhouses
    Lanvin
    Courvoisier
    Joseph Drouhin
    Chateau Margaux
    Chateau Mouton Rothschild
    Dom Perignon
    Alcatel
    Novotel
    Mercure
    Cacharel
    Ralph Lauren Fragrances
    Redken 5th Avenue
    La Roche-Posay
    Pernod
    Doprint
    Formule 1
    Neopost
    Vittel
    Yves Rocher
    Vichy
    Club Med
    Vuarnet
    Elysee writing implements
    Hermes
    Thomson/RCA
    Hennessey
    Celine
    Sparkletts Water
    Fendi
    Zodiac inflatable boats
    Gaulloises
    Gitzo
    Baby Bel (Vache Qui Rit)
    Schlumberger
    Grand Marnier
    Fred
    Lassafre (Red Star Yeast)
    Solomon (Skis)
    Ilog
    Certain-Teed
    Mavic, Zefal, Look (bikes)
    Nissan (majority French owned)
    Cleveland Golf
    Dynastar
    Taylor Made
    Salomon Skis
    MGE UPS Systems
    AEMC
    "Fat Bastard" wine
    Vie de France
    Bonne Maman preserves
    Sorrento Lactalis
    President brie
    Karl Storz Endoscopie France SA
    Athlete's Foot stores
    Lafarge Calcium Aluminates (SECAR)
    Axson
    Air France
    Jean-Paul Gaultier
    Dassault
    Ondeo Nalco
    Thierry Mugler
    BF Goodrich Tires (owned by
    Michelin)
    Jeanneau/Benneteau
    Cartier
    DMC
    Bonne Maman Cookies
    Maille Mustard
    Chanel
    Givenchy
    Sofitel Hotels
    Veuve Cliquot
    Louis Vuitton
    Thalassa
    Etap Hotel
    Norton Sandpaper
    Cointreau
    Donna Karan
    Proscan
    KB Homes
    Spaw Glass
    Le Creuset
    Square D
    Ibis
    Lancome
    Alexis Lichine
    Prat Art/Europa Inc.
    Fina
    Elf
    Airbus
    Roderer
    Crystal
    Chateau Petrus
    Volvic
    Aventis
    Christian Dior
    Sephora
    Orangina
    Petit Bateau
    Mont Blanc
    Publicis
    Vivendi (owns Universal, at least for a bit longer)
    Boucheron
    UbiSoft Computer Games
    Analog Way
    Cacherel
    Clarins
    Business Objects
    Cast Software
    Cheddite shotgun shells
    Sagem
    Fresh
    Bic
    Zig-Zag Rolling Papers
    Moulinex
    Cuisinart
    Valrhona chocolate
    Robert King Music Sales
    Infogrames (which owns Atari, MicroProse, GTGames and Hasbro computer games)

Screw 'em! btw Gertz is the man! Gonna have to find some other rolling papers besides "French Lights" and "Zig-Zag". hmmmmmmmmm
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:18 AM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Some interesting names on that list (some so interesting I guess that they appeared twice)!

Maybe after we get Iraq taken care of, we need to turn our attention to the "snotty" French! "We've pulled your ass from the fire several times, who's gonna save it now?"...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

It's one thing to vote no or even use their veto in this issue but the fact that they are lobbying against us to other courtiers makes me fucking sick! I really hope we cut those bastards off from everything and let them sit there helpless awaiting their next invasion.

How and the hell did such a chicken shit country get veto power anyway? Is it because we thought they would side with us due to the fact that we saved their country from certain doom? Whatever the reason, they need a taste of what it's like to be without the protective umbrella of the United States.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

The French got veto power in the U.N. because they WERE a colonial power. Now maybe they should just be a colony.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

France is STILL a colonial power. They are killing negros right and left in the country of Ivory Coast in West Africa. They are doing this to protect the diamond mines there.

Yes, I'm over simplifying, but that's it in a nut shell.

It's one thing to protect a comodity that we all use but the French are killing black folks to protect Diamonds. At the same time denying a third world country the right of self determination.

They are immoral pukes.

[ March 10, 2003, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Axxman300 ]
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

You didn't know about the oil rights, Seen? There's also the non-trivial money involved in defense sales. Sooner or later Iraq is going to be in the market for some brand new hardware, and the French would much rather have the sales go to them rather than the US. If Saddam steps down and sanctions work, the money likely goes to the French. If we remove Saddam, the money likely goes to us.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I knew about the oil rights, yes. Thats what I was referencing in my first paragraph. What I didn't know was how that worked. This article (doesn't say this but...) could shed some light on that for sure.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I wouldn't piss on France if it was on fire...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by SactoFan:
    I wouldn't piss on France if it was on fire...
    Keep talking like that and I will start cheering for the Kings [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's very likely that Saddam has donated Millions to the personal bank accounts , as well as the political re-election accounts, of one Frenchman named Jacques Chirac. It's just speculation, but very strong speculation at that. He definitely doesn't want that little tidbit confirmed. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Favorite VH Album

Balance, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, Romeo Delight,
    Last Online

02.05.15 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Baisez les Français et leur attitude de patronage envers toutes les choses américaines. Je suis si malade et ai fatigué leur gouvernement essayant de rassembler leurs personnes contre les Etats-Unis. Je crois ce Groundskeeper Willie l'ai dit mieux quand il a appelé les Français, "fromage mangeant des singes de reddition".

Or, in English:

Fuck the French and their patronizing attitude towards all things American. I am so sick and tired their government attempting to rally their people against the United States.

I believe that Groundskeeper Willie said it best when he called the French, "Cheese eating surrender monkeys".

[ March 11, 2003, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: wip5150 ]
    "There is a fine line between stupid and clever" - Nigel Tufnel

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by seenbad:
    Could this have anything to do with them and the germans having exploratory rights on Iraqi soil for oil?

You don't hear about this in your evening news....wonder why not??
    It's that durn "corporate media" types in bed with the BCE fascists some lefties love to get all hysterical & raving mad about!!

I knew about the Vichy French & Germans being in cahoots with Sodamn Insane for months, and all of their actions in the last several months reflect that.

They have much more at stake than they want to let on, and much has been revealed already.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

02.23.12 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The French opposition, seenbad correctly points out, probably does have something to do with oil interests.

In this ol' frozen ballplayer's opinion, their opposition has even more to do with the fact that their beloved homeland is entirely populated with lazy, wine-swilling cheeseheads.
    "There goes the greatest hitter who ever lived..."