Register
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Does anyone here have any friends or family that is either already overseas or will be sent soon. With all the escalating events overseas in the past few weeks it was no surprise that one of my best friends, who is in the Army reserve, has been called into duty. It is a little unnerving to say the least for all of us that are worried that we may never see him again. We have a tight knit group of about 10 of us from high school that still hang together quite a bit and are more like brothers and sisters rather than just friends. One of those persons happens to be the wife of my buddy who is heading over to, probably, Iraq. which makes this all the more difficult.

I understand why Bush is pushing to take out Saddam and, perhaps, N. Korea. We cannot just sit back and let all these countries that don't like us cause disasters like the one on Sept. 11th. Fortunatley my buddy feels, pretty much, the same way. He knows he has a job to do and that is what he is going to do. I just hope he comes home safe and sound. I burnt him a few CD's to take with him. An AC/DC mix, a Led Zep Mix and, of course, a VH mix, so hopefully he will be able to use those once in a while to lift his spirits.

To all those that have served in the armed forces, or will serve, we salute you. You fight for our Freedom each and every day and ask nothing in return and we thank you. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge

Last Online

11.26.07 @ 05:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My Brother -inlaw is in Kuwait. He's been there since Dec 1st.He's guarding our Air Force base there.Were baking lots of cookies for him and the guys!!!
    BTW nice post [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Women hockey fans ROCK!!!!<br /><br />Bogey33.com

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    My brother-in-law is over there on his second mission in Afganistan. Here is an article written about one of his missions (I hope it is cool to post names).

He has a wife and four young kids here in the states. One of the nicest guys I know. We worry about him all the time. I have some photos of him and his fellow members, but I have no idea how to post them.

Check this out :

STEPHEN R. MOYES

Major Stephen R. Moyes distinguished himself by meritorious achievement while participating in aerial flight as Combat Search and Rescue HH-60G Aircraft Commander, 41st Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, 438th Air Expeditionary Group, 455th Air Expeditionary Wing, on 22 December 2002. On that date, Major Moyes commanded one of two HH-60G helicopters diverting from a training mission, supporting Combat Search and Rescue coverage for forces operating in Afghanistan, to rescue an Afghan citizen. During the recovery phase following a training mission, a sudden request for a mission divert came from the Joint Search and Rescue Center requiring coordination with his formation for critical patient status, and execute immediate recovery of a young Afghanistan girl suffering from acute abdominal perforation requiring immediate surgical intervention. Major Moyes maneuvered his aircraft through rugged terrain in near zero illumination and areas of increasing terrorist activity to successfully rescue this critically ill young girl. Major Moyes demonstrated superior tactical airmanship as he evaded enemy ground fire during the initial leg of the flight. He provided mutual support over the LZ for his flight lead and directed the flight lead aircraft to the patient’s location. The airmanship and courage exhibited by Major Moyes during combat operations against a hostile enemy force in Afghanistan demonstrated his outstanding proficiency and resulted in one life saved. The professional skill and airmanship displayed by Major Moyes reflect great credit upon himself and the United States Air Force.

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Panama Dog:

To all those that have served in the armed forces, or will serve, we salute you. You fight for our Freedom each and every day and ask nothing in return and we thank you. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I was going to type something but this just about sums it up [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by missct99:
    My Brother -inlaw is in Kuwait. He's been there since Dec 1st.He's guarding our Air Force base there.Were baking lots of cookies for him and the guys!!!
    BTW nice post [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    my cousin just got sent out there today.
    The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says its half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says its so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it. The psychoanalyst says the cup is your mother. The punk sitting next to you also says the cup is your mother. The romance novelist says the cup is a willing receptacle to the wild gushing torrents of pure passion from the hard chiseled urn. The zen master says There is no cup. Pamela Anderson says her cups are definitely full. Me? Refill!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Liked 1,343 Times in 921 Posts

Originally posted by 79th and Sunset:
    My brother-in-law is over there on his second mission in Afganistan. Here is an article written about one of his missions (I hope it is cool to post names).

He has a wife and four young kids here in the states. One of the nicest guys I know. We worry about him all the time. I have some photos of him and his fellow members, but I have no idea how to post them.

Check this out :

STEPHEN R. MOYES

Major Stephen R. Moyes distinguished himself by meritorious achievement while participating in aerial flight as Combat Search and Rescue HH-60G Aircraft Commander, 41st Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, 438th Air Expeditionary Group, 455th Air Expeditionary Wing, on 22 December 2002. On that date, Major Moyes commanded one of two HH-60G helicopters diverting from a training mission, supporting Combat Search and Rescue coverage for forces operating in Afghanistan, to rescue an Afghan citizen. During the recovery phase following a training mission, a sudden request for a mission divert came from the Joint Search and Rescue Center requiring coordination with his formation for critical patient status, and execute immediate recovery of a young Afghanistan girl suffering from acute abdominal perforation requiring immediate surgical intervention. Major Moyes maneuvered his aircraft through rugged terrain in near zero illumination and areas of increasing terrorist activity to successfully rescue this critically ill young girl. Major Moyes demonstrated superior tactical airmanship as he evaded enemy ground fire during the initial leg of the flight. He provided mutual support over the LZ for his flight lead and directed the flight lead aircraft to the patient’s location. The airmanship and courage exhibited by Major Moyes during combat operations against a hostile enemy force in Afghanistan demonstrated his outstanding proficiency and resulted in one life saved. The professional skill and airmanship displayed by Major Moyes reflect great credit upon himself and the United States Air Force.

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    There are certain people around these parts that could stand to read this story and others like it before they go shooting off on the "big bad American war machine" and calling for our soldiers' heads on sticks.
    Thanks for the story, 79th and Sunset.
    Here's to the men and women in uniform, serving for and protecting our country!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have many friends in the 101st who are on their way. Since I'm here next to Defense Laguage Institute and the Naval Postgraduate School I also have many more friends in or around the gulf.

My brother may end up in the Gulf area in the next few months. He served in the Air Force durring Desert Storm, he racked up over 2000 hours in the air from August 1990 to May 1991.

I have my fingers crossed that the Iraqis back down and everyone can come home.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the kind words, Panama! They're really appreciated. It's just too bad it takes something like this to get the general public to acknowledge us, but it still feels good to hear kind words like yours. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

My brother-in-law is on a ship based out of here in San Diego and is on his way to do his part. For security purposes, I'm refraining from listing his ship's name.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    Thanks for the kind words, Panama! They're really appreciated. It's just too bad it takes something like this to get the general public to acknowledge us, but it still feels good to hear kind words like yours. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

My brother-in-law is on a ship based out of here in San Diego and is on his way to do his part. For security purposes, I'm refraining from listing his ship's name.
    Your welcome Vince, and you are so right. It should not take things like this for us to recognize the great job you guys do each and every day even during peaceful times. Unfortunately, it does happen. We get so caught up in our own lives that we take the freedom that we have for granted.
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge