Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

This from msnbc.com:

Jan. 10 — North Korea withdrew from a global treaty that bars it from making nuclear weapons Friday, but said it was willing to talk to Washington to end an escalating dispute over its nuclear ambitions. It also warned the United States not to take military action against it, saying a “new Korean War will finally lead to the Third World War” and the North could hold its own in a “fire-to-fire standoff.”

I say fuck these guys, Iraq is not nearly the threat that N. Korea is. I realize our investment is in oil but these guys are basically saying "fuck you" to us and the rest of the world, it's time to make a stand and tourch these bastards.

Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

11.23.15 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My thoughts as well.This is not a slap at the U.S. it's a slap at the world saying "We have to follow no ones rules".

Fuck them.
    No president puts joy in my life, but Van Halen puts joy in my ears.

Never pet a burning dog.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Worthless *****.

(note - bit too strong on the racist lines there dude, not sure if its intentional or not. You can't say the n word here, so I guess this is a similar case - Goo)

[ January 10, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Goo ]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I'm not real fond of that word dude. My wife is Korean. My Grandpa may have had sufficient right to say that, you do not.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:16 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by ericgtr:
    Iraq is not nearly the threat that N. Korea is.
    I pretty much agree with that statement. I do think that N. Korea is jealous of the attention that Saddam is getting and wants some too. On the International political stage the N. Koreans often behave like spoiled children crying for attention. (albeit very dangerous spoiled children) "Give us a few thousand tons of grain and we'll behave" etc.

As far as Iraq goes, I don't favor going in there unless it's to get Scott Speicher.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:16 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by seenbad:
    I'm not real fond of that word dude. My wife is Korean. My Grandpa may have had sufficient right to say that, you do not.
    Seen, what does your wife think of the current situation in Korea. Specifically, what does she think of the tens of thousands of anti-U.S. demonstrators in S. Korea wanting the U.S. out of Korea. There are times I see that and say screw the whole peninsula, let's get out. Of course that isn't a very practical solution.

And your Granddad did have the right to use that word. The phrase we use today is worthless Marxists (or Commies, pick one).
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

anyone think north korea wouldn't have pulled this stunt if we weren't so involved with iraq?

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Well, first off, she is american korean. Her opinion on the souths stance is of understanding, but not agreement. Koreans are very proud. Very proud. I tell her, too fucking proud. Their blood boils pretty quickly. Quicker than ours does. The rioting was spawned primarily by two girls getting run over by one of our tanks at a protest. By accident of course. They think it was preventable, and many (the protesters) think that it could have easily been prevented but that we made a decision to keep an expensive tank out of a ditch rather than spare the two girls lives. I guess they have footage that is fairly compelling. We don't see any of that here. I personally doubt it completely.

On North Korea, she thinks they are completely foolish. Much like your opinion of them in that they only squawk when they are really hungry and act like juvenille delinquents. We give them food when they do that. At least Clinton did. It's a test of Bush. She knows they are in no position to spout off like they do and she says the entire nation is starving to death because the govn't gives all the food to the army. It's all they have. An army. No industry, not much infrastructure. Just one big army. Now they are hungry again so they in effect cry wolf and flex their muscles in an attempt to gather aid of some sort. I think she's spot on.
    There is no doubt that they are testing Bush here and frankly I don't see why the passive stance on it. If I neighbored them I would want a peaceful resolution as well considering they will be the first of their targets.

The latest is their testing of long range missles (today in the news) and somehow I don't think they are going to stop. They are moving at a pretty good pace at this point and are pushing our every button. The question is how much will we take before taking some action.

I see what you are saying about crying wolf seen and although I agree I also think they are going to do everything possible to instigate a fight and the only resolution will be for America to take action or back down. I would like to see this resolved peacefully but don't hold out much hope and personally wouldn't take any more of their fucking bully attitude.

[ January 11, 2003, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: ericgtr ]

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:16 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

On North Korea, she thinks they are completely foolish. Much like your opinion of them in that they only squawk when they are really hungry and act like juvenille delinquents. We give them food when they do that. At least Clinton did. It's a test of Bush. She knows they are in no position to spout off like they do and she says the entire nation is starving to death because the govn't gives all the food to the army. It's all they have. An army. No industry, not much infrastructure. Just one big army. Now they are hungry again so they in effect cry wolf and flex their muscles in an attempt to gather aid of some sort. I think she's spot on.
    Excellent, excellent paragraph.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

JMJ is right. It's not that they're squawking because they're hungry. They're always hungry. It's more like when you see a cop on the highway that's pulled someone over so you speed up. He's already occupied, and it's your opportunity to pursue your agenda.

We can't just "do something" to a state that may have nukes. For one thing, South Korea won't let us. Japan wouldn't be real thrilled either, and they're almost at the breaking point with North Korea themselves. Iraq is a sideshow, and unfortunately it's what we're concentrating on. North Korea is an honest to god threat to world security, and everything the administration tried to paint Iraq as being.

It's no surprise they pulled out of the non-proliferation treaty. They've been saying they would do it for some time. I'm not real outraged by it. I can't be. We did the same damn thing with the anti-ballistic missile treaty. They're simply acting in their own best interests, doing what they want to do with the rest of the world be damned. Sounds a bit like us at times, eh?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by MikeL:

We can't just "do something" to a state that may have nukes. For one thing, South Korea won't let us. Japan wouldn't be real thrilled either, and they're almost at the breaking point with North Korea themselves.
    It's no surprise they pulled out of the non-proliferation treaty. They've been saying they would do it for some time. I'm not real outraged by it. I can't be. We did the same damn thing with the anti-ballistic missile treaty. They're simply acting in their own best interests, doing what they want to do with the rest of the world be damned. Sounds a bit like us at times, eh?
    I agree, except to say that the U.S. wanting to ditch ABM is different. ABM was written when the Soviet Union still existed. It's outdated and should reflect current realities between us and the Russians.

North Korea will work out. They are desperate and need money and infrastructure. They are playing the only hand they have...the threat of nuke proliferation. They know that people like Kofi Annan, a weak-kneed Chamberlain clone if there ever was one, will say "Pay them to stop!!" It's not a bad move by N. Korea, nor should we get too excercised about it...It will work out diplomatically.

[ January 11, 2003, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: SactoFan ]
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

[ January 11, 2003, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: SactoFan ]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Iraq is a sideshow, and unfortunately it's what we're concentrating on. North Korea is an honest to god threat to world security, and everything the administration tried to paint Iraq as being.

I have to disagree, Mike...Hussein probably is/has harbored terrorists and certainly finances them. That makes Irzq more than a sideshow, imho...

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Probably harbors terrorists? And has payed families of suicide bombers. Pardon me if I think that's a side show compared to blatantly developing nuclear weapons, kidnapping citizens of other nations, threatening war, and exporting missile technology to anyone with cash. But hey, we each see the world in different ways.

As for ABM, the government changed but the strategic situation that caused the treaty has not. I used it as an example of nations pulling out of treaties. That happens when the treaty is no longer to their benefit, and everyone does it. Even us.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by MikeL:
    Probably harbors terrorists? And has payed families of suicide bombers. Pardon me if I think that's a side show compared to blatantly developing nuclear weapons, kidnapping citizens of other nations, threatening war, and exporting missile technology to anyone with cash. But hey, we each see the world in different ways.

As for ABM, the government changed but the strategic situation that caused the treaty has not. I used it as an example of nations pulling out of treaties. That happens when the treaty is no longer to their benefit, and everyone does it. Even us.
    The counterarguement being the treaty exists with a country that doesn't?