Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've recently come to the conclusion that our world is headed towards hell, or some form of self destruction. Everything just seems 'off' lately, and it's not getting better...it's getting worse! Just check out cnn.com, or any news source for examples:

The obvious recent Sept. 11 events, every Muslim countries infatuation with our downfall.

War in the Middle East between us and Al Qaeda, Israel and the Palestinians and our impending war with Iraq (and possibly Iran).

Possible (inevitable) nuclear war between India/Pakistan.

Possible (likely) war between China and Taiwan (China is preparing), which will most likely involve the US, and maybe nukes.

The scandal with what seems like every Catholic priest. The supposed last vestige of morality in our society, the priesthood, has been exposed as a group of child molesters. More likely than not, this is rampant in other countries and other faiths. I just read of a priest who has VD, molest children, and taught them how to do drugs (shoot up!).

School shootings/violence. I almost don't want to have kids, so I won't have to send them to school to get killed!!! Today, a German student walked into a school and shot 17 people!!! That's insane.

It seems weird that so many celebrities have died recently. In only the last 2 weeks we've lost Milton Berle, Randy Castillo, Dudley Moore, Queen Mum, Linda Lovelace, Lisa Lopes, Layne Staley, Robert Urich. In two weeks!!! I know a couple of them were really old, but most of them were very young. It's just strange to me.

So many other things in our society, too many to name, just seem 'off'. Our moral fabric is torn. Especially in America, our government, our social morals and our entertainment have been so corrupted and distorted in recent years it's alarming. Most of us just go along with the way our society is 'progressing' or evolving, that we don't sit back and look at what's going on in the world. We all read the news, and read the bad things going on, but when you look at the big picture, and piece it all together, it's frightening.

Is anyone else scared for the future, or am I just a pessimist??

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

HAVE A NICE DAY!
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SMUDGE NYC:
    HAVE A NICE DAY!
    Thanks for the intelligent response

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No problem, so, tell us Mr. Happy, when the Zoloft kicks in, do things get all warm & fuzzy?
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

People have always killed each other over religion,politics and other stupid stuff and probably always will. The only difference these days is that media coverage is huge and instant.

It has fuck all to do with moral fabric or whatever the whiny right-wingers are calling it this week.
    Delusions of eloquence

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Someone else is paying attention !

Many forget the events leading up to Sept. 11, mostly because they're forced to be away from home for most of their adult lives. In short, we had: The Election, followed by the spy plane incident (we want our plane back [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] ); our prez took a month's vacation, followed by Condit/Levy, then Sept. 11th.

I personally have not seen or heard any evidence to support bin Laden's responsibility in these attacks, or for that matter, the Cole. I have seen him twice deny involvement. And while he may have celebrated the attacks, that by no means is an implication of responsibility. There's that word again; we're getting alot of it again recently, usually conjoined with its sibling, accountability.

Doesn't anyone find it truly amazing that we "knew" so soon after these attacks who did them ? And in the same breath: "We will find and hunt down...." I thought they were dead ? Harboring ? 'Thought they came from Florida ?
    The FBI & Ashcroft allege that they found IDs, a copy of the Quaran and a flight manual (the latter two in Arabic, BTW). [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] What do they think, we're stupid ? That such a well-coordinated act would have this left behind !!!!

I have my own theories on just who was responsible, but this isn't the place for that.
    But Afghanistan ? One of the poorest places on the planet ? What if some country inserted special-ops here, before a full scale bombing, under the guise: "You don't even provide health care for your citizenry". Or, "Your homeless people are contracted by temp agencies to spend the overnight cleaning up the garbage from the well-to-do at Jacobs Field, without even any shift differential normally provided for 3rd shift folks". The Taliban ?

Yes, I saw that about the school shooting in Germany. Mspread of "Western culture" ? Many of these societal phenomena are/were unique to Western culture. When Bush was in China a couple of months ago, he was asked by a Chinese student about the alarmingly high incidents of violence & sexual assaults by juveniles. Our prez got that grin, followed by what I call "the podium lean", and stated: "Every country has poverty". Excuse me ? Did I just hear correctly ? He went on about what his administration plans to do about poverty...LMFAO. Problem is, these are no longer the inner-city kids, D'ubbya; these are the white kids from the suburbs, from the "utopia", as it were, whose parents are enslaved & made dependant by a culture (?) that is rapidly running out of resources. Read: Needs vs. Resources.

Our nuclear shit list has been released for all the world to see, as well. Oops.........
    We've also got 2 yr olds on psych meds, all in a society that "values" children. Give me a fuckin' break ( No, not you Dave) !

Then there are the folks crying about the Red Cross and all that stuff. I could've told them that as the corporation donating around $10 million a piece were scrolled at the bottom of CNN on Sept. 12 & 13. These agencies don't "talk" to each other; I knew that, and screamed at the sheer ignorance I was witnessing. "How are they gonna coordinate all this !!!!!??????" I do see that not many have signed away for the Sept. 11 fund. The articles are written almost in a sense of disbelief. Not me.....

With the European Union recently expessing joy over the potential trade agreements with Iran, you can see what's happening. It's no secret that half the planet hates the U.S. And for those that spew that weak, pissy, uneducated argument: "Well, if you don't like it here, you can fuckin' go over there"; LMFAO ! First of all, no, YOU can go over there, and you should, where all minds are similar. True patriotism is the courage and the right to question the policies of our leadership, whatever that institution may be.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

There's never been a time in history without some sort of strife. Things are considerably better now than they've ever been for most of us.

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Don Kirschner Fan:
    True patriotism is the courage and the right to question the policies of our leadership, whatever that institution may be.
    Excellent point!
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by LA:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Don Kirschner Fan:
    True patriotism is the courage and the right to question the policies of our leadership, whatever that institution may be.
    Excellent point! </font>[/QUOTE]I second that. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Part of my alarm/fear is that fact that people take for granted that our government makes the 'right' choices all the time, so they don't worry about looking at the 'big picture' of where we are heading. I agree that half the world HATES us, and most of the other half are just in fear. When you mix fear and hate...watch out! I personally don't want to 'get out' of our country, but the direction we are headed does not look good. I think we ARE doing a lot of good things, don't get me wrong, but our government steps on too many toes to achieve our 'goals'.

I'm really not sure where this thread is headed, I just wanted to note my concern over recent events, and the state of our world. I'm not a doomsday prophet, but I like to give myself a wake up call every now and then.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Funny, the boards "right wingers" or people of spirit see many problems in society today. Call it things like "torn moral fabric". The boards "left winger" atheist folk see "business as usual". Interesting...
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by strungout:
    The scandal with what seems like every Catholic priest. The supposed last vestige of morality in our society, the priesthood, has been exposed as a group of child molesters. More likely than not, this is rampant in other countries and other faiths. I just read of a priest who has VD, molest children, and taught them how to do drugs (shoot up!).
    Surprise, priests are human too!

Actually, though, I doubt our society is any worse off than the past. We just have a more centralized media to tell us about it. I mean, think about the Medieval period for a minute. Chances are you worn born poor, a virtual slave to the person that owned your land. If you timed it right, your king might order you off to the Holy Land to fight and die in some bloody attempt to take it from the Muslims. And if that didn't kill you, you either got killed by a routine infection or caught the Black Death and wound up in a mass grave.

Oh yeah, no deoderant either, and people rarely bathed because cleaning oneself took away a part of your immortal soul.

So, okay, we've got war in the holy land (as always), corrupt priests (as always), terrorism (as always), killer infections (as always)... But, on the bright side, at least we smell shower fresh every day!

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by strungout:
    Surprise, priests are human too!

Actually, though, I doubt our society is any worse off than the past. We just have a more centralized media to tell us about it. I mean, think about the Medieval period for a minute. Chances are you worn born poor, a virtual slave to the person that owned your land. If you timed it right, your king might order you off to the Holy Land to fight and die in some bloody attempt to take it from the Muslims. And if that didn't kill you, you either got killed by a routine infection or caught the Black Death and wound up in a mass grave.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Or, if you "timed it wrong," you're minding your own business tending the fields and such in the centuries leading up to the Crusades, and some Muslim jihader invades your owner's land and either converts you or kills you...

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by seenbad:
    Funny, the boards "right wingers" or people of spirit see many problems in society today. Call it things like "torn moral fabric". The boards "left winger" atheist folk see "business as usual". Interesting...
    If you can't find something to thump the Bible against, nobody'll listen to the thumping. There's money in that sound! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Don't even try to understand the way of left my friend. To much crap to deal with. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Actually what is more interesting is how a rant about 9/11, priests and the death of Linda Lovelace and the Queen mother can be tied into moral fabric.

This is the domain of the far left and far right - of which I am neither - taking "bad" events and twisting their causes up randomly into one's own personal morality/belief system.

There is no business as usual, never has been, never will be. The world is far too complicated a place - most problems are caused by intolerance of difference not because everyone isn't following the same "righteous" path.

I never said everything is great, but I'd rather be living now than any other time in history.
    Delusions of eloquence