Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: News Quiz!

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

To provide relief from skyrocketing medical malpractice insurance premiums, the Bush Administration proposes to:

A) Investigate insurance companies to determine if they are overcharging.
    B) Improve medical training to reduce the number and severity of medical mistakes.
    C) Increase oversight so that incompetent doctors may not practice medicine.
    D) Make sure victims don't get what a jury of their peers says is fair compensation.

all credit to Ironic Times. go check out their web site. they have a great picture of anna kournikova's ass [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

D
    I've got the cure you're thinking of.<br />------------------<br />Remixed! Van Halen covers done by my band: <br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Dreams.mp3" target="_blank">Dreams</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Panama.mp3" target="_blank">Panama</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Unchained.mp3" target="_blank">Unchained</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/AtomicPunk.mp3" target="_blank">Atomic Punk</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/SomebodyGetMeADoctor.mp3" target="_blank">Somebody Get Me a Doctor</a><br /><br />NEW: Burning Tires and Dr. Love:<br /><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/HearAboutItLater.mp3" target="_blank">Hear About It Later</a>

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

One half of your medical bill goes to cover Malpractice. Hospitals overcharge because the Insurance Companies balk at half the items and treatment costs. This is why that one roll of toilet paper in your hospital room runs about $11.

The games that Health Insurance companies have played have lead to the closure of many big city hospitals leaving the others overwhelmed and understaffed, thus leading to mistakes. That coupled with the fact that in many big city hospitals Doctors and Nurses are lower priced imports from other countries and many only have a rudimentry grasp of the english language is a major cause of mistakes because they can't read the charts.

Doctors spend three or four months out of the year in clasrooms and seminars getting updated on the latest proceedures in their fields.

Any healthcare reform that doesn't include tort reform and limits on Malpractice is doomed to failure and would doom medicine as we know it in this country. Jurries have awarded huge settlements based on little or no scientific fact to back up their decision. Remeber that case where the young woman supposedly got AIDS from her dentist? The jury figured that since she was a virgin that there was no other way for her to get the disease. Turns out she got it from an ex-boyfriend who was eating her pussy and he later died from HIV. That one fuckedp decision cost the entire Dental Profession tens of millions of dollars which was passed along to the patients.

Then there are the class action suits against the IUD, Breast Implants and lately certain innoculations. Studies by the AMA and the New England Journal Of Medicine found that when the dust setttled that there were no actual facts at the foundation of these cases. None. The cases were won with anicdotal evidence and quack-expert-witnesses. These lies have cost you and me big money over the years every time we buy medicine or go to the doctor. Prescription Meds are cheaper in Canada and Mexico because those countries either limit Malpractice or ban claims all together. Look a Fen-Fen, the weight loss pill that is in the middle of a huge class action suit. The people who took the pills said that they weren't warned about the side effects before they took them. Bullshit!, Fen-Fen has a lengthy warning on the side of the bottle and all of the women should have received a booklet and a briefing from their doctors and pharmicists. What they did was ignore the warnings and it cost them, it was their stupidity not the pills that put them in the position they are in today.

People never read the warnings on the bottles. How many people do you know who take their meds with a beer? How many people know that you NEVER consume alchohol with an anti-biotic? That NyQuill can't be used in combimation with many other cold meds because it will cause a stroke?

These people are costing me and you money, hard cash, everytime they call their lawyers. This needs to be fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I've run into some real shitbird doctors too. I almost had my testicles removed becuase of a bad diagnosis from a very lazy ER doctor. Turns out he had a coke problem and later would be released from the hospital. I was lucky becuase my second opinion concurred but then one day, at the phamacy I bumped into my Orthopedic Surgeon. We got to talking about me loosing the boys and he listened to my symptoms and he told me it wasn't my nuts, it was my back. He told me to stop wearing the tight jeans and get a pair of running shoes and sure enough that did the trick. Doctor #1 was a fuck up, Doctor#2 thought that Doctor#1 knew what he was talking about plus my nut sack was an evil shade of red and swollen. Doctor#3 had seen this before and it was his specialty and saved my sack for no charge to boot.

There needs to be better oversight of Doctors, no doubt. They also need to be removed more quickly for either retraining and certification of just removed. The other problem is Doctors spendso much time filling out insurance forms and fighting with the insurance companies that they almost have no time or will to treat patients.
    Plus they get tripple booked and thus even more over worked. On the Monterey Peninsula we've lost over fifty doctors.

HMO's are evil and must be destroyed. Malpractice need s to be overhualed and limited. People need to take better care of themselves and quit playing games with their meds. Doctors need more power over insurance companies so that thier patients can get the treatment that they need.

I'd like to see a policy in place that would allow me to sign a release or a waiver saying that I choose not to sue my doctor in exchange for a lower medical bill. Doctors aren't perfect but today with the internet I can go to places like:

www.healthcentral.com

and get all the backround info that I need to help in my own healthcare.

Medicine needs to be above politics.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Ikeda:
    D) Make sure victims don't get what a jury of their peers says is fair compensation.
    Yeah, I saw a feature story on this on the news. Pretty sad, either way you look at it.

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

hey axxman, pretty good reply. although i didn't need to hear so much about your nuts. but i think you're right that all aspects of the system are f***ed up and need serious measures. like wolfman said, that should be a larger issue than simply politics. but i do think tort reform with nothing else amounts to covering incompetent industries and bloated insurerers. as it happens, georgie is all about the tort reform. on the other hand, the dems get their wheels greased by the trial lawyers. PR wise that sucks for them, because they get hit a lot more for "little old lady got burned by McD's coffee and won 300 million" stories, than the repubs get hurt for stories about how they protect eli lilly after they cripple children.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

People have some unrealistic expectations when it comes to medical care. Although the protection of one pharmacutical company while leaving the others out to dry and slipping in into the Homeland Security Act was just sleezy, in a way it's agood first step. There is no proof (re:evidence) that certain childhood inoculations cause Autism. Staistically kids who've had the specific injection are actually less likely to develope the handicap. The current line of thinking that it is caused by genetics. This, however, doesn't stop the lawyers from filing their lawsuits and that is wrong.

I'm not big on insurance companies either. They've been run like everything else was in the 1990's, borderline criminal. Now since the crash of the stock market those premiums and minimum payments will skyrocket. Many took risks with the money that they take in and they are running on empty. So the game they play is to challenge every treatment and every cost and some doctors are loosing their ass. My cousin owned a pharmacy for forty years and he had to sell it because the Insurance companies would short him on payments. Certain cancer meds can run as high as $500 a pill and they'd cover half, so he would have to make up the difference out of his own pocket. The reason that the cost of meds is so high is becuase of lawsuits (some of that is also R&D). The problem is that with some drugs is that they are powerful and can have side effects worse than the disease, Cancer meds are the worst they make you sick as a dog BUT they can save your life. It's a trade off. ( This is the main reason we VH fans haven't heard from our fearless leader). This is why I favor the leagalization of Marajuana.

Ofcourse if they leagalize it, somebody will sue the producers and make it more expensive than it is now.

Say what you want about Bush, he doesn't give a flying fuck wheather or not he gets re-elected. It's been a long time since we had a President like that.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300