Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Ready for Girls Gone Wild on the Big Screen?
    Thursday, October 3, 2002 4:53 CDT

"Girls Gone Wild," the video phenomenon built around hard-partying, breast-baring girls, is making its way to the big screen thanks to a deal that the franchise's founder, Joe Francis, has struck with MGM and producers Jay Froberg and Greg Suess of ROAR.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the writing team of Dina Marie Chapman and Hopwood DePree is set to write the feature film, called Girls Gone Wild, which MGM will distribute worldwide.

The "Girls Gone Wild" brand launched in 1998 as a direct-response DVD and video brand with reality-based releases featuring women baring all on camera at such events as spring break parties and Mardi Gras. Each release -- to date there have been 83 separate offerings, including "best of" collections and compilations, according to Francis -- has rolled out unrated.

The feature version, which will aim for an R rating, will be a fictionalized story following the intersecting adventures of a group of college coeds as they descend on Panama City Beach, Fla., to find out just how wild things can get.

[ October 04, 2002, 03:44 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Six Million Dollar Man Penned by Sands
    Thursday, October 3, 2002 4:25 CDT

According to Variety, Dimension Films has tapped tyro scribe Trevor Sands to pen its tentpole film Six Billion Dollar Man, the updated version of Universal TV series "The Six Million Dollar Man." Sands' deal includes first-look writing and directing terms for future projects as well.

The film will be based on Martin Caidin's "Cyborg" novels, which were the basis for the Universal Television series "Six Million Dollar Man" in the 1970s. Universal has first dibs at co-financing the adaptation with Dimension.

Sands is developing a project with Kevin Spacey and Bernie Morris of Trigger Street Prods. that he plans to direct. Past writing credits include Startide Rising for Mace Neufeld Prods., based on the novel by David Brin; Repairman Jack, set up at Beacon; and Software, based on the novel by Rudy Rucker, for Phoenix Pictures.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

ATTENTION: The following story has now been deemed a hoax! Sorry to get your hopes up! -FH

What's Next for M. Night Shyamalan?
    Wednesday, October 2, 2002 10:48 CDT

He's got The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs behind him, now what else can director M. Night Shyamalan do to put you on the edge of you seat? Ain't-It-Cool-News received this interesting scoop about his possible next project...

Just saw an interview with M. Night Shyamalan on UK TV, and I dunno whether you already know this, but if not here goes:

"My next movie is going to be based on death - how it can possess people, and make them want to venture into suicide. It revolves around Gilbert Foley, a man in his 40s living in modern-day Philidelphia who stumbles across a Ouija board and begins talking to the spirit of a woman named Cassandra. She says that Death is out looking for him, and he must hide. The thing is, Foley becomes fascinated with dying, and gives up. Cassandra must convince him otherwise, or a terrible wrath will be unleashed..."

He also said the title was TBC, but it could be called TEMPUS FUGIT.

[ October 06, 2002, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by FH:

He's got The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs behind him, now what else can director M. Night Shyamalan do to put you on the edge of you seat? Ain't-It-Cool-News received this interesting scoop about his possible next project...

Just saw an interview with M. Night Shyamalan on UK TV, and I dunno whether you already know this, but if not here goes:

"My next movie is going to be based on death - how it can possess people, and make them want to venture into suicide. It revolves around Gilbert Foley, a man in his 40s living in modern-day Philidelphia who stumbles across a Ouija board and begins talking to the spirit of a woman named Cassandra. She says that Death is out looking for him, and he must hide. The thing is, Foley becomes fascinated with dying, and gives up. Cassandra must convince him otherwise, or a terrible wrath will be unleashed..."

This guy is the keeper of the Hitchcock flame! People have had mixed reviews on all his movies, but I have to say that I'm a huge fan! He knows how to put you into a story & keep you there. Signs was such an amazing piece of work. It takes you from a large space & ends up in a small box, then reopens the space. He knows & respects film as an art & is very much expanding the genre film after film.
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

WHITESNAKE To Tour In 2003 - Oct. 3, 2002

WHITESNAKE are planning a tour for 2003, with North American dates tentatively scheduled to begin in February. Band leader/frontman David Coverdale himself announced the news with this message on his official web site: "Don't say we didn't warn you... Coverdale unleashes the serpent... WHITESNAKE will tour in 2003!!!"

As a way of getting people warmed up to the idea, Coverdale has posted a few videos from WHITESNAKE's earlier days, including "Love Hunter", "Would I Lie To You", "Don't Break My Heart Again", "Slow An' Easy", "Love Ain't No Stranger", and a live performance of 1989's "Sailing Ships" from the Starkers In Tokyo album.

Coverdale has yet to announce the lineup of musicians that will accompany him on tour, but is expecting to do so by year's end.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

JEFF PILSON Speaks Out On DOKKEN, L/P And World Politics - Oct. 3, 2002

Former DOKKEN and current L/P bassist Jeff Pilson has addressed the rumors surrounding his previous group, the plans for his new band and the current political situation in a lengthy posting via his official web site.

According to Pilson, "I don't know if [drummer] Mick [Brown] is still in DOKKEN or not. And as for his participation in L/P, because he never called, I'm assuming he's still with Don [or at least hiding out!]. I would think if he were out of the band, he would have at least called to check in. But that's absolutely cool. We're tremendously happy with the job [L/P drummer] Fro has done and love him so much as a human being, we know the magic is there — musically and beyond. All I can say is, wait 'til you hear the record!

"As for Don's recent behavior(s), I really don't want to drag this into the ground," Pilson continued. "I will say that I understand everyone's frustrations. The band you knew and loved has all but deteriorated, and it's hard not to see the thread that Don tangles in all this. But as I've said before, try looking at the band as Don's solo band now, and judge it on its own merits. That would give him the leeway to change members frequently and to choose a different musical direction, as he appears to have done. Maybe without the comparisons to the past, Don [and for that matter all of us] can move on in a new light. I don't blame everyone for wanting to hear the truth, but that just doesn't seem to be happening. There's this very negative cloud over the whole thing, and people seem to be splitting into separate camps. And as for the DOKKEN message board being down — well what does that tell you? That's why I think everyone needs to back down to readdress the situation and look at it anew. Do I wish Don would call this group DON DOKKEN? Yes, I do think that would be right. I know I feel like I was, maybe inadvertently, pushed out of the band, as were most of the other recent members. And it certainly feels like a lot of these events wouldn't be happening if there were a real group effort happening right now. But at least things have worked out where I think we're all a lot happier away from the drama. I can only hope Don is happier too. So I guess it's up to him to decide. The biggest sadness in this is for the fans who have been so loyal from day one, or close to it. The fact that they've hung in there this long proves how amazing DOKKEN fans can be. But I still believe the best music from all members, past and present, is still to come. And this way there can be a lot more of it!"

With regards to L/P (Jeff's new project with ex-DOKKEN guitarist George Lynch), there is "no final report on the L/P release or final label deals, just yet," said Pilson. "There are a few labels in the running [for the US and Europe — Japan will be JVC], but details aren't sorted out yet. Again, I'm hoping it will be resolved soon, but I imagine we're still talking a release early next year. I wish I had more to report, but at least the interested labels all seem to be very supportive and seeing the big picture. In this case I think the music has done the talking. But I do get more anxious every day to get it out there.

In the same posting, Jeff voiced his feelings on the current political situation in the world, particularly as it pertains to the possibility of a fill-scale war between the U.S. and Iraq.

"The world has me very upset right now," stated Pilson. "On one hand, I feel like a patriotic American, but I'm being torn apart by the nature of events going on in the world. The very core of American philosophy and policy are facing a challenge of the greatest magnitude, and could be soon, victims of extinction. The mere suggestion of a pre-emptive strike on a sovereign nation, with the purpose of overtaking its government, is such an overwhelming betrayal of the democratic ideals we were taught, I'm just too saddened for words. I'm also sickened by the thought that there are those in government, at powerful levels, who believe that there's merit in the US unilaterally attacking another country, even if the supposed governing body for the world were to say otherwise. That, to me, is power-crazed lunacy, and proof that the military industrial complex [I know that term seems so dated and overused- but here seems appropriate] is back and more dangerous than ever. It's not enough that the turning back of the economy towards a military one has done immense, nearly irreparable damage. Now it looks like we're creating new enemies and returning to cold-war mentality, perhaps even at a more intense level. And sadly enough, what a distraction from the real enemies [let's not lose focus on 9/11] and the ability to do good will that the US once had. I'm not advocating turning a blind eye towards anything — in fact I really think we need to really open our eyes to what's actually going on. It appears like these powerful governmental 'hawkish' elements actually think we're entitled to police the world, perhaps attain complete control over a region and its oil, and have no one to answer to. That's rogue mentality, and wasn't that what we were so against in the first place? Shouldn't we carefully sort out the facts from the politicized fiction, and let the international community do its own decision-making? Or have we forgotten that we not only live in a country, but in a multi-faceted world?

"I don't mean to be so political on an entertainment website. But right now I think this goes beyond simple politics. Democracy is all about the involvement of the people- and I think this could be a major 'call to arms'. Let's not let history write this as the moment that our empire got too greedy and turned on its own principles. There's power in intelligent debate, and through that power, I believe, lies the essence of control in our republic. Not to make light of this, but I think POISON had the right idea, let's get the power back to the people!"

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

File this one in the weird rumours pile, but a scooper for Coming Attractions reports that Christopher Walken is attached as one of the supporting actors of the upcoming "Dumb and Dumberer", the prequel to the Jim Carrey/Jeff Daniels comedy. Now before you say 'hang on, but Walken's a serious actor!' let me remind you this is the same Walken who moonlighted in "Wayne's World 2", "Joe Dirt" and dare I remind you all, "The Country Bears". So the rumour mightn't be that far fetched.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Harrison Ford Talks Indiana Jones 4
    Thursday, October 3, 2002 12:05 CDT

Harrison Ford shared a bit more about the fourth Indiana Jones installment with UK's Total Film magazine.

"There's a scene where a lot of Indy's ex-girlfriends show up, - its probably going to be the best scene in the movie," says Ford. "With Indiana there will be different aspects of his character that we're (Lucas, Speilberg and himself) working on. We'll see him in the 50's in America, or at least for part of the film and i think that's an interesting opportunity there".

Ford also talked about the movie with Empire Magazine. "We want to preserve the spirit of the original....but i hope we have some good jokes in there about it (being older). It was always as much fun for the audience to see me get beat up as it was to see me beat somebody up. That's kind of unique".

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

TYWH, Humans Being
    Last Online

09.03.12 @ 04:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SMUDGE NYC:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FH:

This guy is the keeper of the Hitchcock flame! People have had mixed reviews on all his movies, but I have to say that I'm a huge fan! He knows how to put you into a story & keep you there. Signs was such an amazing piece of work. It takes you from a large space & ends up in a small box, then reopens the space. He knows & respects film as an art & is very much expanding the genre film after film.</font>[/QUOTE]It's funny cause Signs was an awesome movie, but had one of the worst endings I've ever seen, I mean ever. Still a good movie aside from that 10 minutes of stupidity.
    Light em' up!!!

"You can drink the water, but don't ya eat the ice;
    Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice!"

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

hopefully fletch 111 comes out soon....best movies ever made... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

James Earl Jones to Voice Darth Vader Again
    Thursday, October 3, 2002 4:57 CDT

James Earl Jones, who was honored last night by ORT Toronto, the local arm of a group that funds education and mentoring projects worldwide, says he will be back to voice Darth Vader in Star Wars: Episode III. Here's several clips from the article in the Toronto Sun about the event...

As for Star Wars, he really is coming full circle as Vader. Plans are to return him as the voice of Vader in part three of the new Star Wars trilogy, which currently has a release date of 2005. "George Lucas says 'When Anakin goes bionic -- that will be in the last five minutes of episode three -- they will hear you."

He gives his seal of approval to Hayden Christensen, the current Anakin Skywalker and the man who will be Vader. "Aren't you impressed with him?" he says. "I like his whole bearing, the spine, the neck ... he's like a snake."

Not that he feels at all proprietary about who plays Darth. "No," he laughs, "the little kid (The Phantom Menace's Jake Lloyd) got me over that."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Dumb and Dumber 2 Production Details
    Thursday, October 3, 2002 10:06 CDT

Filmjerk has landed a good look at what we can expect when Dumb and Dumber 2: When Harry Met Lloyd hit the big screen.

Starting November 16, New Line will begin production on Dumb and Dumber 2: When Harry Met Lloyd, which takes Lloyd and Harry back to high school circa 1986. Which means, in the 1994 film, the then 39 year old Jeff Daniels and 32 year old Jim Carrey were playing 25 year olds. But alas, what does it matter. The mid 1980s worked in New Line's The Wedding Singer, so they'll make it work here, dammit!

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Ratner Eyeing Rolling Stones-Themed Film
    Thursday, October 3, 2002 9:47 CDT

Variety talked to Red Dragon and the upcoming Superman director Brett Ratner who revealed that he's interested in tackling a Rolling Stones-themed picture.

Ratner is eying the 40th anniversary tour Stones tour as the backdrop of a film he wants to make at Universal, says the trade, with Mick Jagger producing with Ratner and his partner, Jay Stern.

In the early 1990s, Jagger gave Ratner his first film meeting in Hollywood, telling him about a pic Ben Stiller tried to make with Brad Pitt about fans who try to crash a Stones concert. Fearing the Stones might be making their concert curtain call, Ratner hatched a project revolving around the band.

"This is my version of an Altman film -- six characters revolving around the tour -- and I've gone to Wes Anderson, begging him to write it for me," Ratner said.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

It's about time! and according to a report on Aint it Cool, it might be coming sooner rather than later. Arnie has suggested his famous co-stars join him in the upcoming remake of "Westworld". After Sly bites the dust early on, effectively reducing him to cameo status, Bruce has to run like fuck from the pissed-off robot gunslinger in black,and although he may have flesh falling off him to reveal his metal skeleton, any sense of deja vu pointing towards the Terminator franchise is purely coincidental. New areas covered by the pursuit include Aquaworld, Lunarworld and Jurassic World, and in an early draft of the script, the actual holiday centre is located on the Moon.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mas Tequila:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SMUDGE NYC:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FH:

This guy is the keeper of the Hitchcock flame! People have had mixed reviews on all his movies, but I have to say that I'm a huge fan! He knows how to put you into a story & keep you there. Signs was such an amazing piece of work. It takes you from a large space & ends up in a small box, then reopens the space. He knows & respects film as an art & is very much expanding the genre film after film.</font>[/QUOTE]It's funny cause Signs was an awesome movie, but had one of the worst endings I've ever seen, I mean ever. Still a good movie aside from that 10 minutes of stupidity.</font>[/QUOTE]Oh man, you didn't like the ending from Signs??? I thought it was perfect with something from every character coming back to save the day at the end. I thought everything came together nicely.
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters