Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

ALL!!!
    Favorite VH Song

ALL!..Except "Loss of Control"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hope that when, not if, but when these fucking animals are caught, holy hell will break loose on them.

Fucking bastards.

Thursday February 21 10:24 PM ET
    U.S. Reporter Kidnapped in Pakistan Killed on Tape

Pearl Family is Shocked, Saddened (AP)

By Aamir Ashraf

KARACHI (Reuters) - Kidnapped Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl has been executed by his captors in what Pakistan's president on Friday called a gruesome murder videotaped by his abductors.

The Washington Post said Pearl, abducted in Karachi on January 23, had his throat slit with a knife in a tape that was sent to Pakistan and U.S. authorities.

President Bush (news - web sites) called the killing a ``criminal, barbaric'' act and Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf ordered an immediate nationwide roundup of suspects with any possible ties to Islamic militant groups linked to the kidnapping.

Pearl, 38, disappeared in Karachi as he tried to make contact with Islamic radical groups and investigate possible links between alleged shoe bomber Richard Reid and Osama bin Laden (news - web sites)'s al Qaeda network.

The group that had claimed to hold Pearl, calling itself The National Movement for the Restoration of Pakistani Sovereignty, accused him of being a spy -- first for the CIA (news - web sites), then for Israeli intelligence -- and said it was protesting U.S. treatment of Taliban and al Qaeda prisoners.

Pearl's family said it was a ``senseless murder'' that had silenced ``a gentle soul.''

A statement issued by local authorities in Pakistan said a videotape received by Pakistani and U.S. officials showed scenes of Pearl's murder.

``The recorded videotape contained scenes showing Daniel Pearl in captivity and scenes of his murder by the kidnappers,'' it said.

One U.S. official in Washington called the tape ``very gruesome.'' He provided no details.

The Washington Post, citing a source close to the investigation, reported the tape showed Pearl speaking, as if he were conducting an interview, when suddenly an assailant grabbed him and slit his throat.

Pearl's body has not been found and it is unclear when he was executed.

Lonnie Kelley, U.S. Public Affairs officer at the U.S. consulate in Karachi, said ``both Pakistan and U.S. investigators have identified the perpetrators behind the crime.''

``Pearl's murder is outrageous and the United States is determined to bring the perpetrators to justice,'' Kelley told Reuters.

``We are heartbroken,'' Wall Street Journal Publisher Peter Kann and Managing Editor Paul Steiger said in a statement.

``His murder is an act of barbarism that makes a mockery of everything Danny's kidnappers claimed to believe in,'' they said. ``Their actions must surely bring shame to all true Pakistani patriots.''

Pearl's family called him ``a beloved son, a brother, an uncle, a husband and a father to a child who will never know him.'' Pearl's wife Mariane, who was with him in Karachi, is more than six months pregnant with their first child, a son.

BUSH SADDENED BY PEARL'S DEATH

In Beijing, President Bush said he was deeply saddened by Pearl's death, saying the killing would only hurt the cause of his captors.

``All Americans are sad and angry to learn of the murder,'' Bush told reporters in Beijing, where he is on the final day of a six-day trip to Asia.

``Those who would threaten Americans, those who would engage in criminal, barbaric acts, need to know that these crimes only hurt their cause and only deepen the resolve of the United States of America to rid the world of these agents of terror.''

In Islamabad, Pakistan President Musharraf vowed every member of the kidnap gang would be hunted down.

``General Musharraf has directed the government of Sindh (the province where Pearl was kidnapped) and other national security agencies to apprehend each and every member of the gang of terrorists linked to this gruesome murder,'' a statement by the president's office said.

Pearl, the Journal's South Asian bureau chief based in Bombay, India, for the past two years, had been working in Karachi for three weeks when he was kidnapped.

Friends said Pearl was smart, sweet, soft-spoken, self-effacing and unlikely to take unreasonable risks. He also was a talented fiddler, guitarist and classical violinist. One of three children, Pearl's father was an academic and his mother a computer consultant.

Pearl's family said in their statement that ``up until a few hours ago we were confident that Danny would return safely, for we believed no human being would be capable of harming such a gentle soul.''

Outside the temporary newsroom in New York of The Wall Street Journal, which was displaced after the September 11 attacks near its downtown offices, Journal reporters said they had been asked by management not to talk about Pearl.

One unidentified reporter said people inside the newsroom were extremely upset. Another called Pearl's death ``a despicable act.''

'JUST A REGULAR GUY'

``He was just a regular guy doing his job. He wouldn't hurt a fly. It's just disgusting,'' the reporter said.

Pearl, a Princeton, New Jersey, native, grew up in the suburbs of Los Angeles and graduated from Stanford University.

He began his career at small newspapers in Massachusetts before becoming a business reporter at the Pulitzer Prize-winning Berkshire Eagle in Pittsfield, Massachusetts in the 1980s. He joined the Journal in 1990, working in Atlanta, Washington, London and Paris before moving to India.

U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan (news - web sites) saluted the courage of Pearl and other journalists around the world. ``The crime highlights the enormous dangers encountered by journalists, particularly in areas of conflict and violence,'' Annan said through his spokesman, Fred Eckhard.

In New York, the Committee to Protect Journalists called Pearl's death ``brutal, wanton, and senseless.''

Earlier on Thursday, Fahad Naseem, one of three men accused of involvement in the kidnapping said Pearl was abducted because he was a Jew working against Islam, his lawyer said.

Pakistan police in early February arrested Naseem and two other suspects for sending e-mails to media organizations that showed Pearl in captivity.
    "Are you the guy with the Van Halen tickets?"<br /><br />"I might be....."

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    it sure is some fucked up shit.

[ February 21, 2002 at 09:17 PM: Message edited by: laner ]</p>

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Very fucked up.

Do they have any idea who they're fucking with?
    Do you believe? Don't you trust me?<br /><br />"I'm just trying to get in to heaven, I'm not running for Jesus." - Homer Simpson

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I say we carpet bomb the country in response!

Fucking bastards!!!!!

&lt;--------------The Legend Of 1900
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If they know where and who these bastards are, then GET THEM!!!

Ship them over here, and string them up by their ankles outside of the Wall Street Journal Building, and let us do what we want with them. I've got a few ideas... [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member
    These are some extremely stupid people we're dealing with as well. They kidnapped him in the first to (supposedly) force us to release some of their "comrades" we have in custody in Afghanistan. That obviously wasn't going to happen yet they kill him anyway? Not exactly rocket scientists here. Send in the SEALS!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by strungout:

Ship them over here, and string them up by their ankles outside of the Wall Street Journal Building, and let us do what we want with them. I've got a few ideas... [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]
    This makes us no better than them...

But I would pay top dollar for a PPV interrogation and execution. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    Do you believe? Don't you trust me?<br /><br />"I'm just trying to get in to heaven, I'm not running for Jesus." - Homer Simpson

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The next time anybody starts crying about the treatment of the prisoners at Gitmo bay I hope they remember what they did to one of our reporters.

Never forget never forgive

[ February 22, 2002 at 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Pasadena Murdock ]</p>
    I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess I'm just one warped bastard because I can seriously think of some gruesome ways to torture someone. No mercy, people, no mercy. Fuck those terrorist assholes in Gitmo.
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by strungout:
    If they know where and who these bastards are, then GET THEM!!!

What if we put all of Sammy's cheese ballads on a CD-R and programmed it for endless repeat, at maximum volume??

Nah.... Amnesty International would never let us get away with something that inhumane.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning - of course!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What happened to the days of the nuclear bomb!? [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    "Official Twinkie supplier to VHLinks.com"<br /><br />"There's one thing Daddy likes and that's Titties and Beer"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.13.13 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] This is very sad. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    "The spirit can not be contempt. The spirit can not be sour and angry" - DLR on The NEW Van Halen

"Shutthefuckupity" - DIF on John Cusack.

"Baby, where'd you sleep last night?
    Your hair is all tangled
    and you ain't walking right." - Robert Johnson

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yes it is fucked up, but do you guys freak out like this when this happens there in the US by a US citizen against another US citizen???? Murders happen in this country everday...I mean really think about it, I bet your blood doesn't boil quite as much, especially if say it was a murder against some poor kid in the projects...that was innocent of a situation...

One could justify their actions as being actions of WAR...that "might" be their point of view at this point...

What about when COPS shoot unarmed citizens, because of a mistake???? Does that make your blood boil, or would you justify as they were "only doing their job"...even though the person was innocent...

I know what these people did was wrong and fucked up...but Carpet Bomb them???? You know "we" the US killed alot of innocent children when we bombed Afghanistan...it's the same as if say, some guy named "Bob", and network of assailants blew up the Eifle Tower in Paris, so in turn to bring "Bob" to justice, they come in and Bomb the US looking for "Bob" because the Gov't won't hand over this US citizen, but your kid gets killed in the name of "collateral damage"....

I know what some of your responses are gonna be...so flame away without thinking...

To me, all murder and death and killings are terrible things...but most people ONLY truly see the horror of killing and murder and war, when it is against "one of their own"...

peace...

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Cock, cool out. Noone here said killing is okay. It's not. Sometimes, however, it's necessary. Like war. Maybe some people here got a little out of hand saying we should bomb Pakistan. Clearly that is not the way to go - Pakistan is not the enemy. I think most of that was anger talking - very understandable anger. People get tired, though, of hearing how bad the captives in Gitmo are being treated when these terrorist bastards just took another American life. Yes, most experts, both on and off the record, agree the Pearl execution was another Al-Qaeda operation. So if we have to break a few ribs or bash a few heads of captured terrorists to get some info, so be it. I'm not losing any sleep over it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!