Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

the governmetn wants to start charginf for sent emails!! please read this whole letter to become better informed!! (thanks top timmy)

VOTE NO ON Bill 602P!!!!

I guess the warnings were true. Federal Bill
    602P 5-cents per E-mail Sent. It figures! No more free E-mail! We knew this was coming!! Bill 602P will permit the Federal Government to charge a 5-cent charge on every delivered E-mail.

Please read the following carefully if you
    intend to stay online, and continue using E-mail. The last few months have revealed an alarming trend in the Government of the United States attempting to quietly push through legislation that will affect our use of the Internet.

Under proposed legislation, the US Postal
    Service will be attempting to bill E-mail users out of "alternative postage fees". Bill 602P will permit the Federal Government to charge a 5-cent surcharge on every E-Mail delivered, by billing Internet Service
    Providers at source. The consumer would then be billed in turn by the ISP.

Washington DC lawyer Richard Stepp is
    working without pay to prevent this legislation from becoming law. The US Postal Service is claiming lost revenue, due to the proliferation of E-mail, is costing nearly $230,000,000 in revenue per year. You
    may have noticed their recent ad campaign: "There is nothing like a letter."

Since the average person received about 10
    pieces of E-mail per day in 1998, the cost of the typical individual would be an additional 50 cents a day - or over $180 per year - above and beyond their regular Internet costs. Note that this would be money paid directly to the US Postal Service for a service they do not even provide. The whole point of the Internet is democracy and noninterference. You are already paying an exorbitant price for snail mail because of bureaucratic efficiency. It currently takes
    up to 6 days for a letter to be delivered from coast to coast. If the US Postal Service is allowed to tinker with E-mail, it will mark the end of the "free" Internet in the United States. Our congressional
    representative, Tony Schnell (R) has even suggested a"$20-$40 per month surcharge on all Internet service" above and beyond the governments proposed E-mail charges

Note that most of the major newspapers have
    ignored the story - the only exception being the Washingtonian - which called the idea of E-mail surcharge "a useful concept who's time has come"(March 6th, 1999 Editorial).

Do not sit by and watch your freedom erode
    away! Send this to E-mail to EVERYONE on your list, and tell all your friends and relatives write their congressional representative and say "NO" to Bill 602P. It will only take a few moments of your time and could very well be instrumental in killing a bill we do not want.

Please forward!

thanks for reading guys, sorry it's soo long

JMJ!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

it's not the first time I hear about this. But I seriously wonder if it will affect Canada users as well, directly or indirectly. I never heard about such a campaign from the postal services here.

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!

Red-Balled Mammoth
    No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    "God bless ya southern California, you people are bad-asssss"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival.
    "No, that's not a microphone in my pants. I'm just happy to see ya, Californiaaaaaa!"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

I've heard this before also, but seriously doubt it will come to pass. There would be hell to pay for any legislator who supported this. Educated people are the predominant voters and educated people use the internet. Besides our government has little control over the www because it is just that the world wide web. Our government has no jurisdiction over individuals from Australia,Canada, etc.. The US post office is just greedy.

I do though see some serious regulations placed on the internet in the future though.

------------------
    500 horses and a Chrysler mill, makes the Limecuda the king of the hill

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, I first heard this about a year and a half ago. Don't think it'll ever happen, but I'll be sure to vote no anyway.

------------------

"Kissing my ass won't do anything but give you bad breath." -sherman

*gulp* - Down In Flames

"Come on FORD, tell us how you really feel." - Said by virtually every member of VHLinks at one time or another.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

they better not impose those sanctions...that wuold not be cool. what about people who make their livelihood with the web...ie: people who send out mass emails and such. i mean, do you really want to get charged because you posted a message in the rumor mill at the links?

JMJ

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

This kind of thing makes me absolutely FURIOUS!! God damn bunch of fucking thieves. AAARRRRGG!!!!! "Lost Revenue"...sheesh, as if they were an actual capitolistic profit seeking brick and mortar business. Gov't can KISS my independant ASS!! I cant BELIEVE the sunofabitch that said that is in an elected position. Shame on US. I know this is old, but it still riles me up whenever I hear of it. It just makes me sick.

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Ohhh my god , my hell inside me ... hey guys ... we need that the womens come back !
    YUUNNK!! (eddie italian)

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Guys, it's a JOKE!

Go ahead and look up the bill number if you're taking it seriously. You won't find it...

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Still Mike, I know it HAS been talked about, and even that pisses me off. Those #'s are what they were talking about too.

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Ohhh my god , my hell inside me ... hey guys ... we need that the womens come back !
    YUUNNK!! (eddie italian)

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Such a bill would never pass. Politicians like their jobs too much to just toss them away. The USPS is in a better business situation now than it's ever been in.

I've never heard anyone but fringe nuts talking about this sort of thing. This letter has been going around for years.'Tom Schnell' isn't even a member of Congress. Perhaps back before '94 something like this might have had better odds than a snowball in hell.

Chances are the people you heard talking about this got their numbers from this hoax. Like I said, it's been around a long, long time.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:56 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Reminds me of the old 'ICQ is gonna start charging' hoaxs, but bigger. No politician would bite that bullet

------------------
    A little zen... Headed your way...

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i woudnt doubt anything from the government,im surprised that there isnt a price for every breath of their air we breath!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.06.14 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

There isn't any bill in congress to do this. It is all a e-mail chain letter hoax. It has been debunked. Ignore it if you receave it.

------------------
    G.A.H.R.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Like the C*******e rumors, this is a stupid hoax that refuses to die. I get forwarded this kind of bullshit all the time, along with all the fake virus threats, etc.

One good place to check is the virus hoax page at www.symantec.com

They not only have a listing on all the fake virus hoaxes, but also the hoax chain letters like this one, the idea that (Microsoft, Honda, insert company name here) will give you thousands of dollars if you forward this letter to 100,000 people, etc.

It's all the work of some pathetic little shithead who gets off on the idea that he's fooled 1000's of people into hysteria.

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

Eat Us And Smile!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dimoncutr:
    There isn't any bill in congress to do this. It is all a e-mail chain letter hoax. It has been debunked. Ignore it if you receave it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is fake.....let it go.