Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Man that's crazy! Getting one on your face! I'll bet it hurt too! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Could be mehndi art/henna tattoos. Those aren't the same as getting a real tattoo, and they go away after a few weeks. Remember Gwen Stefani having a bunch of body art a few years ago? That's what that was. It's actually a pretty big fad.

Although I wouldn't put it past Tyson to be crazy enough to get a tatt on his face. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Oddly though, Mike's new tattoo sounds better than Motley Crue's New Tattoo!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

i hope tyson kicks etienne's ass all over the ring

and i hope he brings back kevin rooney to train him so he can kick lennox lewis' ass..that pompous fucking prick

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tyson said the tats' not finished. wonder if he's gonna do the other side too...

they ran this in the local rag Friday:

As the fight trainer for Mike Tyson in the late 1990s, native Clevelander Richie Giachetti constantly laughed, fought, cried and bled with the former heavweight champion - and loved him just as much.

How much so? When Tyson was formally suspended by Nevada officials for biting Evander Holyfield in 1997, Giachetti was the only member of Tyson's camp - the fighter included - who appeared at the hearing.

Now Giachetti watches from afar as the controversial Tyson prepares to fight Clifford Etienne tomorrow night after a week of bizarre behavior that included missing workouts, briefly withdrawing from the bout and getting a huge tattoo on his face. The Hall of Fame trainer has two hard-hitting emotions: deep pity for Tyson, and a deeper anger for those who surround the fighter.

"It's absolutely breaking my heart because Mike Tyson shouldn't be fighting [tomorrow night]," Giachetti said.

"Mike Tyson is a very insecure kid who badly needs help and badly needs love," he said. "But he's not getting either, because the people around Mike Tyson see him as a dollar sign and not as a human being."

Giachetti says if physically and mentally prepared, Tyson could still win the heavyweight title.

"But it just won't happen the way he's going now," Giachetti says. "He's crying out for someone he can respect to care about him. But who around Mike Tyson cares enough about him to stop pushing him into the ring and making money off his blood?"
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

giachetti was an awesome trainer! the lou albano look alike

JMJ [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Originally posted by JMJ:
    i hope tyson kicks etienne's ass all over the ring

and i hope he brings back kevin rooney to train him so he can kick lennox lewis' ass..that pompous fucking prick

JMJ
    AMEN TO THAT!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If this fight happens, and thats a BIG IF, I hope Etienne kicks the living hell out of Mike. I cant stand him! He's deranged and is in no condition to fight. You wait and see, if this fight takes place something totally weird and totally TYSON is going to happen. He's taken the sport of boxing down to the level of the WWF! It's pathetic! He has no business being involved in this sport. I think he needs to join a freak show in some circus act! The tattoo is real. What cracks me up is that when he was fighting (I don't remember who it was but it was a somewhat recent fight) he got a cut on his eye and he said "How am I going to go home and face my children like this? They are going to think I'm a monster". [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] OH OK MIKE!!! That new tattoo isn't going to FREAK THEM OUT IS IT!!! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] JACKASS!

[ February 22, 2003, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Fabulous Shadow aka VHL ]
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow aka VHL:
    If this fight happens, and thats a BIG IF, I hope Etienne kicks the living hell out of Mike. He's taken the sport of boxing down to the level of the WWF!
    you must not have watched the Etienne/Botha fight...Etienne is not that good...and Don King has done more harm to the sport of boxing lately than Tyson has...

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"my daddy's a very sick man..."

or

"you better show up at this fight...you're behind in your child support..."

[ February 22, 2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: twonabomber ]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"Lennoxth... I have yowah childwen... gimme a rematch or thomebody path me da ketchup!"

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow aka VHL:
    If this fight happens, and thats a BIG IF, I hope Etienne kicks the living hell out of Mike. I cant stand him! He's deranged and is in no condition to fight. You wait and see, if this fight takes place something totally weird and totally TYSON is going to happen. He's taken the sport of boxing down to the level of the WWF! It's pathetic! He has no business being involved in this sport. I think he needs to join a freak show in some circus act! The tattoo is real. What cracks me up is that when he was fighting (I don't remember who it was but it was a somewhat recent fight) he got a cut on his eye and he said "How am I going to go home and face my children like this? They are going to think I'm a monster". [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] OH OK MIKE!!! That new tattoo isn't going to FREAK THEM OUT IS IT!!! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] JACKASS!
    whatever happened to walking in someone else's moccasins before passing judgement?

JMJ

Top Of The World
    Last Online

02.29.08 @ 03:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One of the most satisfying sites of my life was watching Lennox Lewis destroy Tyson. I fuckin' loved it. Too bad Sugar Ray Leonard wasn't destroyed like that. I fuckin' hate him....don't know why.
    believe the lies...there is no truth

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Originally posted by JMJ:
    It comes down to this: Lennox Lewis used to be a sparring partner.....read again....SPARRING PARTNER (read: inferior chump) for Mike Tyson.

The first thing to go for an elite athlete is fast-twitch explosiveness and quickness. Especially in boxing, where we're talking about not tenths, but hundredths of seconds making a difference.

Tyson isn't (and actually hasn't been) a "scientific" boxer in almost 15 years. He's basically been reduced to a "head hunter", which is a shame.

On top of that, Lennox Lewis is not a "similar" athlete who happens to be a "better boxer".

He's freakishly tall, and has freakishly long arms, and is a great, but not excellent (like Tyson circa 1986) boxer.

Bottom line: Lewis is a Superweight, not a Heavyweight.....height/weight-wise, he's in a different class than Tyson, even though athletically speaking, he's inferior. He's not as quick, not as powerful (if you can believe it), not as agile, and not as evil as Tyson, but he is LONGER, and more "scientific" (unlike Tyson since 1987) than Tyson, and a poor, poor matchup for Iron Mike.

I think Tyson is an emotionally cracked psycho, but as a fighter, I love him to death, especially his stuff prior to winning the title, and even shortly thereafter.

Forget about his mental issues....he's an athletic freak, the likes of which we may not see again for a long, long time. He practically has no abdomen.....it's almost as if his chest is attached to his waist. He has the strongest core of any boxer......EVER. Period.

I could go on.....Tyson is such an enigma......I seriously hope he destroys Ettiene....and then finds a way to destroy Lewis.

You have to ask yourself this: Lewis and Tyson are the same age. If Lewis was so damn good, why hasn't he had outstanding success until he was in his late 30's??? Seriously, 15 years after Mike won the title?

It's like asking a 40 year old Tracy McGrady to match up with a future 40 year old Iverson. Both play shooting guard, both used to be devilishly quick, but who now still maintains leverage? Who can still outmuscle the other?

The irony is that there *still* isn't a "Heavyweight" that can hang with Tyson. Lewis doesn't count.....nobody that is 6'4" and a trillion pounds is a heavyweight....he's a Superweight, or even an Ultraweight....the sport of boxing simply isn't popular enought (contestant-wise) to support such a matchup.

Mike is easily the most mismanaged and poorly coached athlete in professional sports. He is also in the top 1% of athletes. The lamest part of any athlete's physique is the length of his abdomen, period. Look no further than Barry Sanders and Tyson to see how a human can athletically react when his cuts don't have to compensate for a long torso.

I'm not defending Tyson's actions, but as an athlete, an entertainer, and a hardcore muthaphuka from the streets, I hope he beats the living piss out of everybody.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

With the tattoo and the gold tooth, Tyson looks like a goof to me. Of course, I can say that from the confines of my home. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com