Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NEWS - 'The Osbournes' Calling It Quits
    11/04/2002

(11/4/02, 6 p.m. ET) -- The upcoming second season of The Osbournes will be its last.

Sharon Osbourne reveals on a 20/20 segment airing Wednesday (November 6) that the clan is calling it quits after the new season. Osbourne sites the around-the-clock presence of cameras and changes in the family's lifestyle as reasons for the pull-out.

Osbourne tells 20/20 anchor Barbara Walters, "We agreed to do the show and so the cameras are here all the time, so it's a little bit invasive right now and we have no privacy. You know, when you're sick you want to be on your own. I can't throw up on my own and Ozzy can't get drunk on his own."

Osbourne suffers from cancer that she says has driven her heavy-metal musician husband Ozzy Osbourne back to booze.

The Osbournes returns to MTV for a new season on November 26.

In reaction to published reports that the show would end after 10 new episodes, Sharon Osbourne clarified in a statement Monday (November 4), "I have every intention of fulfilling our commitment to MTV for a full 20 episodes. I love my MTV."

-- Sofia Fernandez, Los Angeles

[ November 06, 2002, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NEWS - Osbournes Set To Host 'American Music Awards'
    11/04/2002

(11/4/02, 3 p.m. ET) -- The Osbournes--Kelly, Jack, Ozzy and Sharon--will host the 30th annual American Music Awards on January 13. The awards, held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, will air from 8-11 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.

"We are going to give the American Music Awards 2003 a different slant as only the Osbournes can," said Sharon Osbourne in a statement.

American Music Awards producer and music impresario Dick Clark is both entertained by and scared of the Osbournes hosting the show. "I can't wait to see what Ozzy and the rest of the family have in store for us, and I know the ABC-TV censor is already having dreams, or should I say nightmares, about their live ad-libs," Clark said in a statement.

Winners will be chosen from data supplied by Radio & Records and Soundscan. Fans can also get in on the action voting for Internet Artist Of The Year by logging on to the ABC website.

-- Darren Davis, New York

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

SHARON OSBOURNE: 'The Osbournes' To Continue After Next Season - Nov. 5, 2002

Sharon Osbourne will not be pulling the plug on "The Osbournes" at the end of the show's coming season after all.

On Monday, ABC released a transcript of Barbara Walters' interview with Sharon, which is to air Wednesday on "20/20", in which Sharon said the combined pressures on her family of life in a media fishbowl and her own colon cancer treatment are too much for the Osbournes, and that the show's second season would be its last. But late in the day, Sharon and MTV contradicted the interview, with Sharon issuing a statement saying the Osbournes would live up to their contract to shoot at least two more 10-episode seasons. "I have every intention of fulfilling our commitment to MTV for a full 20 episodes," she said in a statement. "I love my MTV."

Explaining the metal matriarch's backtracking, MTV president Van Toffler told the New York Times, "Sharon Osbourne is an uncontrollable and volatile entity, which is one reason why her family is so entertaining. It's something I'm accustomed to." He tells E!, "She was probably having a difficult time and she was venting in the moment." Asked how she responded when he asked her yesterday about the Walters interview, Toffler told E! she said, "You know you can't believe everything I say."