Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'm deciding to make a thread dedicated to Fantasy Football.

Post your rosters here, and ask for advice on who to play when you're stuck between two guys!

This is my roster for week 5. I'm currently in 1st place in my division, 3-1 with a 3 game win streak.

My team:

Rich Gannon - QB
    Emmitt Smith - RB
    Marshall Faulk - RB
    Donald Driver - WR
    Peerless Price - WR
    Marcus Pollard - TE
    Paul Edinger - K
    Chargers - D

Bench

Tom Brady - QB
    Antowain Smith - RB
    Keyshawn Johnson - WR
    Bubba Franks - TE
    Todd Peterson - K
    Bears - D

I'm up against this team.

Jeff Garcia - QB
    Priest Holmes - RB
    Tiki Barber - RB
    Muhsin Muhammad - WR
    Jimmy Smith - WR
    Eric Johnson - TE
    Jason Elam - K
    Dolphins - D

I'm favored to win the week 92-83. I can see Holmes giving me the most trouble this week against NYJ. Garcia is up against the Rams D.

Hopefully, Gannon gets 30+ points like he's been lately. He and Brady have brought me shitloads!
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:20 PM
    Liked 973 Times in 390 Posts

i'd pull emmitt and put antowain in personally. that dallas line is in shambles, emmitt is old, and the giants d is solid, the run d anyway

JMJ

[ October 05, 2002, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: JMJ ]
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yeah but NE's tendency to pass makes A. Smith a risky start.

TDs are big in my league. I'm thinking Emmitt is more likely to get the ball near the goaline before Antowaine.

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Keyshawn has been a terrible fantasy player this year. I figure Gruden would have been the difference, and that 1 TD catch (career low) was just a fluke. It's week 5 and he still hasn't scored. I benched his ass, dumped Marcus Robinson (who doesn't see the ball anymore), and picked up Donald Driver, who is most likely Favre's new number 1.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Bench Emmit...he is going for a few yards a week to catch Walter's awesome record (which I hope he doesn't break)...Keyshawn might be a better start than Price because Keyshawn is due...but there is a BUT involved!: sucky stats the last 20 weeks!! If you are in a yardage league pick Key, if not...Price. Donald Driver is gonna be huge against da bears. Glenn's head is falling off and Favre and maybe Bubba will throw to Driver more than Culppeper to Moss....Green is not even 80%..so Driver is the main offense Monday night...also: good choice to bench Bears Def. Packers will rip it up in Champaign.
    Just go for it!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by BREW CREW:
    Bench Emmit...he is going for a few yards a week to catch Walter's awesome record (which I hope he doesn't break)...Keyshawn might be a better start than Price because Keyshawn is due...but there is a BUT involved!: sucky stats the last 20 weeks!! If you are in a yardage league pick Key, if not...Price. Donald Driver is gonna be huge against da bears. Glenn's head is falling off and Favre and maybe Bubba will throw to Driver more than Culppeper to Moss....Green is not even 80%..so Driver is the main offense Monday night...also: good choice to bench Bears Def. Packers will rip it up in Champaign.
    Take it easy Mr. Fudge Packer...

I'm not running my team like a fan. Anyone who does will get fucking smoked! I had Bubba. He's been shit. I only picked up Driver because he appears to be the #1, and Robinson doesn't even play anymore. Price is my #1 scorer on that Buffalo team. Keyshawn is due, but I've played him 4 straight weeks with horrible point totals. So fuck him. He'll ride some pine until I see different.

Marcus Pollard is much better than Bubba, and he was sorta hurt the past couple weeks. You need to remember that it's important to see which teams are playing who. IND is up against a bad D, so Pollard is the pick. Bubba may or may not play due to injury.

Like I said, Emmitt is more likely to score than Antowaine. And I used to start the Bears D. But it's all banged up. If not, they'd be playing in week 5 too. Green Bay's offense has been Hell like the Bears offense this year. GB's D is crappy too. They won't be tearing anybody.

The real dilemma these days is who to play at QB. Gannon or Brady. They are both scoring a ton, and racking yards? How old is Gannoon? Damn.

I like Gannon's chances against Buffalo this week. Brady is up against Miami, which has a crappy defense, but not as bad as Buffalo's.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My team has done fairly well. 3-1 but I'll need a big monday night to go 4-1. A lot of Packers, but I don't feel like I am playin as a fan...they were the best decisions at the time...and they've done well.

QB-Brett Favre...very consistent and one of the best to have from week to week.
    RB-Deuce McCallister...I gambled and won by waiting till the second round to pick him up as an RB.
    RB-Lamar Smith...Great surprise...just wish it didn't take me 3 weeks to start him
    WR-Chris Chambers..finds the endzone a fair amount...WR's are always a crapshoot anyway
    WR-Donald Driver...New addition...we'll see
    TE-Bubba Franks...very good for finding the end zone...one of the best TE's to have
    D-Packers...this should be a good week against a weak offense

Reserves
    QB-Chad Pennington...I'll only play him once
    RB-Micheal Pittman...Not doin much
    WR-David Boston...seems to be hurt
    WR-Troy Brown....seems to be hurt
    D-Patriots...helped me out early...but not lately...
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Originally posted by Aquatic Punk:
    My team has done fairly well. 3-1 but I'll need a big monday night to go 4-1. A lot of Packers, but I don't feel like I am playin as a fan...they were the best decisions at the time...and they've done well.

QB-Brett Favre...very consistent and one of the best to have from week to week.
    RB-Deuce McCallister...I gambled and won by waiting till the second round to pick him up as an RB.
    RB-Lamar Smith...Great surprise...just wish it didn't take me 3 weeks to start him
    WR-Chris Chambers..finds the endzone a fair amount...WR's are always a crapshoot anyway
    WR-Donald Driver...New addition...we'll see
    TE-Bubba Franks...very good for finding the end zone...one of the best TE's to have
    D-Packers...this should be a good week against a weak offense

Reserves
    QB-Chad Pennington...I'll only play him once
    RB-Micheal Pittman...Not doin much
    WR-David Boston...seems to be hurt
    WR-Troy Brown....seems to be hurt
    D-Patriots...helped me out early...but not lately...
    Hey fellow "fudge packer " Driver/Favre package did you well!!! Congrads on your comeback win...hehe
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeeeehhaaa...I neeeded to make up 60 points and I did it easily!
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters