Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In my hometown, a professor went to Barnes and Noble. He said there was a discount on what he was buying. In reality there was, but he got a trainee who did not know who refused to give him the sale. So know the professore is sueing Barnes and Noble claiming discrimination(he is African American). I think this is ridicules. Everything is not over race. It was obviously just a trainee's mistake.
    "There's a time and place for everything- for everyone."

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

the new ones...
    Last Online

06.01.16 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts

well,

i'll tell you a story my friend...

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] in a small, i mean... very small country town, a farmer's son was sent to study law in a big city...

everyone had high hopes on him... but when he got back he just couldn't make any money...

so, another farmer sent his son to the same law school couple of years later... when he got back...

BOTH OF THE MOFO FARMER'S SONS LAWYERS BEGAN TO MAKE A SHIT LOAD OF MONEY!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

lawyers... they just can't get enough... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ June 27, 2001 at 01:38 PM: Message edited by: uncle ted ]
    =\//-/= LIVE: once again, i'll make it!!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When I was a junior in high school, taking German 3, there was ONE black kid in the class. He had been in my German 1 and 2 classes as well.

Anyway, one day, out of the blue, he asks me if I knew what was meant by 'cali' in 'going back to cali' or whatever it was. I simply said "no...why?"

He responded, "you don't care because it's a BLACK thing! You don't like me because I'm BLACK!"

My answer: "No, I don't like you because you're an asshole. Your being black just gives YOU an excuse to be unliked by me."

It shut him up for the remainder of the year. It's amazing how easy it is to play the race card when you think you're being discriminated against, but when someone throws it right back at ya, you've lost your fire.

If the guy from your story wins his case, then we're in some SAD shape. Christ, common sense should dictate that some kid working in a bookstore doesn't care WHO he sells a book to-he just wants to keep his job. And hell, even if he WAS guilty of discrimination, it's a far cry from burning a cross or lynching someone.

Discrimination, my ass. If we can now blame the inexperience of a bookstore clerk (a rowdy group to start with) on discrimination, what's next?
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

People sue people just for the hell of it anymore [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] And you'd better have a GOOD lawyer [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

I think I'll sue Angel for cussing at me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I really, really was nice to you when I cussed you out [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts

Ain't nobody suing nobody on this board. (Unless, of course, there is something in it for me!) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Btw, I don't think that lawsuit will get very far...you'll never hear about it getting dismissed, though.

[ June 29, 2001 at 07:30 PM: Message edited by: esquiretoo ]
    Over 17 years on the links!!
    ROLL DAMN TIDE!!
    First time I heard Unchained, I thought the lyrics were...."Blue-eyed mutha in a slashed white dress!"
    STAY FROSTY FRIENDS!