Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

SEOUL, South Korea, Dec. 12 — Raising fears of a nuclear crisis on the Korean Peninsula, North Korea said Thursday it will immediately reactivate a nuclear power plant that U.S. officials suspect was being used to develop weapons. Read the full story From MSNBC

Yet another country we have to fuck around with.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

I guess we need to send in James Bond with that case of diamonds with the plastic explosives hidden in the false bottom!

[ December 12, 2002, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: hain23x ]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I had a feeling something like this was going to come out of the "You gas us, we'll nuke you" attitude. Kind of makes the tough-guy stance a moot issue - when your enemy has nukes as well, the only thing that matters is who has the balls and the itchy trigger finger to do it, and not who is the larger world power. It's just one big game of chicken in which everybody has equal chances of "winning".

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I am all for a good ass kicking if it's well deserved but Bush is instigating it everywhere he possibly can. You watch, by the end of his term he will have nuked someone somewhere.

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Wolfman:
    I had a feeling something like this was going to come out of the "You gas us, we'll nuke you" attitude.
    The only thing that this development shows is that it was foolish for Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton to think that a dictatorial regime like North Korea will EVER honor an agreement. And to think that one of the key reasons why Carter just won the Nobel Peace Prize was for his brokering of the now-violated 1994 agreement with North Korea. Unbelievable.

Originally posted by Wolfman:
    Kind of makes the tough-guy stance a moot issue - when your enemy has nukes as well, the only thing that matters is who has the balls and the itchy trigger finger to do it, and not who is the larger world power. It's just one big game of chicken in which everybody has equal chances of "winning".
    I remember hearing this argument during the 1980s, too, regarding the actions of the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. when both countries were building and stockpiling nuclear weaponry. Deterrence through strength certainly worked in that situation for the U.S., especially since our economy dwarfed every other country’s and didn’t go bankrupt, like the Soviets’ did.

To me, dealing from a position of weakness by expecting despotic regimes to honor agreements, like we did with our “agreement” with North Korea, is the true mistake. Let’s not forget North Korea’s likely role in providing missile technology to Pakistan, which also became a nuclear power over the past five years and probably now has this more sophisticated and dangerous delivery system because of North Korea. Worst of all is that I believe Pakistan, with its large radical Islamic fundamentalist population, is as dangerous and unstable as any nation on the face of the planet.

That’s not to say I support the proliferation of nuclear weapons, because like any other sane person, I’d like to see them all eliminated from the face of the planet never to return. But it illustrates the reason why the U.S. and its allies shouldn’t sit back and wait for nations like North Korea, Iraq, Pakistan, etc. to strengthen their hands and potentially blackmail their neighbors and the rest of the world with weapons of mass destruction. Hopefully, with North Korea’s reliance on U.S. humanitarian aid, we can keep them in a box with the help of other nations in the region that have the most to lose (ex. South Korea, Japan, Russia, China, etc.).
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by ericgtr:
    I am all for a good ass kicking if it's well deserved but Bush is instigating it everywhere he possibly can. You watch, by the end of his term he will have nuked someone somewhere.
    Really?!? Sounds eerily similar to the exact same "warnings" I heard in the 1980s about the foreign policy approach being utilized by Ronald Reagan. I guess one person's idea of "instigating" is another's idea of "deterrence."
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

N. Korea is starving to death under their own self inflicted economic collapse. They are used to threatening these kinds of things and having the U.S. (under Clinton) hand them food and oil in order to dissolve it. We have been like their own personal little pacifier. That is all they are doing right now. They are testing Bush and hoping for the same result. I can't even believe the childish games they play over there. It's literally ridiculous. FUCK THEM. Claiming nuke power, threatening to liven up a plant to make more, sending missles to yemen, all attempted trumps in a game designed to get them more free shit from the hands of the U.S. It's worked before. Something tells me that that shit won't be flying in this administration though.

This isn't about a crazy cowboy president. It's about actually having and holding to a more rigid foriegn policy that has our interests first thats not nearly as passive and flexible as the clinton debacle. He's not out to nuke anybody, I don't think. But I can see where it would appear like that since we aren't used to seeing this kind of stance on issues in the world today when we hold them up and compare to other instances in recent history.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The agreements in the 90s weren't done with the intent of stopping N. Korea from developing the weapons. If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you. The point was to slow down their development, and delay them until we could construct a viable strategy for dealing with a nuclear N. Korea (and others). The weapons to support such a strategy are just on the verge of being viable.

I agree with seen that they're testing Bush. This has little to do with the announcement on Monday about consequences. Once they let the cat out of the bag that they were in breach of the non-proliferation agreements this was inevitable.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

CNN just broke in with "breaking news," that Iran is constructing large nuclear reactors.

No fucking shit, sherlock! They talk about it as though it's just been discovered. This has been going on for some time, and they've been getting Russian technical assistance. The Israelis have contemplated bombing the facilities, the way they did to the Iraqi reactor in the early '80s. Iran has been encouraging the Palestinians to keep the Israelis' hands tied, hence the large arms shipment that was captured some time ago. It's amazing to me that anyone would consider this breaking news.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

yep that stuff has been going on in iran for what seems like forever now.

i saw somewhere or read it, i can't remember where, that there was/maybe are, a group within iran that have wanted to launch an attack on the united states and take us over. bunch of freaks over there

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw