Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some Bible passages, that I find interesting....
    Go ahead and flame away...

Question: Is God Good Or Evil?

Answer 1: Psalm 145:9 "The Lord Is good to all"

Answer 2: Jeremiah 18:11 "Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I frame Evil against you, and devise a devise against you."

Question: Does God tempt people?

Answer 1: James 1:13 "Let no man say...I am tempted of God: For God cannot be tempted with Evil, neither tempteth he any man"

Answer 2: Genesis 22:1 "And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham"

Question: Is God Peaceable?

Answer 1: Romans 15:33 "The God of Peace"

Answer 2: Exodus 15:3 "The Lord is a man of war"

Question: Has anyone seen God?

Answer 1: John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time"

Answer 2: Genesis 32:20 "For I have seen God face to face"

Is God omnipotent?
    Answer 1: Jeremiah 32:27 "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: Is there anything too hard for me?"
    Answer 2: Judges 1:19 "And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but he could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron"

There are plenty of other contradictions throughout the Good Book.

Thoughts? Comments? Flames?

OK Bible Thumpers, flame away.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Do you have anything better to do than attack the Christian Bible and Christians. Why don't you concentrate on the Muslims. It seems that certain factions of their so-called great religion are the ones causing the most trouble in the world. Focus on them.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not attacking Christianity (and by the way I am a Confirmed Catholic) I just find it interesting to observe the inconsistencies and contradictions in The Good Book.

I believe in a God or a higher being who has created the Universe. But I think The Bible has an enormous amount of rubbish in it, writen by men who were trying their best to understand and evaluate the world around them.

I started this topic, only as a reminder not to take EVERYTHING in The Bible too literally.

Wouldn't you agree I am right on that above statement?

Last Online

It just seems that this thread was started to stir the shit pot. And I'm not into stirring shit. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

[ December 14, 2001 at 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Van Gully ]</p>
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

And why does it make no mention of Jesus and his disciples being a roving band of fudge-packers?

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, I admit, I was looking for a reaction. Sue me. But as of yet, I have not gotten a good explanation as to why there are so many contradictions in The Good Book. If it were a work of fiction attemtped to be published today, the Editor would say, "Look at all these contradictions in your stories. Can't you keep anything straight?"

Anyway- Enough. I did an immature thing here, looking to stir up the Bible Belters.....I guess this was a cheap shot on my part.

~BC

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MikeL:
    And why does it make no mention of Jesus and his disciples being a roving band of fudge-packers? <hr></blockquote>

Prove it Fairy Boy!!!
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

LOL... I say Jesus was gay, and you call me fairy boy?

What would you think of a bunch of men traveling the countryside, wearing robes, and preaching love? A whole cadre of homosexuals. Disprove it, follower of faggots. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

01.07.12 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

*Sigh*

First off, prove Jesus was gay...

He lived a perfect life. Gayness is a sin. Jesus wasn't gay.

"if a man lies with a man, as a man lies witha woman, it is an abomination.

As for contradictions, look at the covenant God made with His people. The first covenant was ended with Jesus' sacrifice. For references, Jer 33 and Eze 36... or Jer 36 and Eze 33. I don't really care to look it up right now, so you do it. [img]smile.gif[/img] Point is, when you have Old Law against New Law, New overrules because the Old Law couldn't hold up. Now, that's not to say that all of the Old Law isn't to be upheld, just whenever it contradicts with the New Law. Ok? [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for scriptural contradictions....

Question: Has anyone seen God?

Answer 1: John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time"

Answer 2: Genesis 32:20 "For I have seen God face to face"

You have no clue what John 1 is about. John 1 is to come right out and say Jesus is God. If John says he's never seen God and then he says Jesus is God, then he'd be on some bad mushrooms. Oh and by the way, Gen 32 is when Jacob wrestles with an angel... and that passage is subject to debate. Because it never acknowleges anyone in it's speaking part. It does in the NIV but the NIV also says Solomon wrote Ecclesiastes and Solomon didn't. (part of Ecclesiastes was written in Persian, which leads them to believe it was wrote during the Exile) Anyways, back to Gen 32, it says and he said and he said and he said... it never acknowledges that it was God wrestling with Jacob... Where were we, oh yes... seeing God. To be in prescense of God one must be blameless, Moses saw God in the burning bush because.. he was blameless. The theological question is light and darkness, darkness can't be in the prescence of light. Samething here, God(light) would kill us who have sinned(dark). Ok? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Question: Is God Good Or Evil?

Answer 1: Psalm 145:9 "The Lord Is good to all"

Answer 2: Jeremiah 18:11 "Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I frame Evil against you, and devise a devise against you."

That's not a contradiction. All he's doing is cursing them. You didn't even include the main part of the scripture. What's happening there is God tells Jeremiah to tell Judah(that's the Southern kingdom) that he's not going to protect them. God's threatening them. They are the in evil ways, so God's threatening them.

Question: Is God Peaceable?

Answer 1: Romans 15:33 "The God of Peace"

Answer 2: Exodus 15:3 "The Lord is a man of war"

You answered if God was peaceable... I don't get it. God is many things to many people. He's my hope. He was David's refuge, healer, deliverer. To enemies of Israel, God was the layer-downer of smacketh.... that's not scriptural but it's true.

I can give you better contradictions anyways...

Proverbs 26, it says, verse 4, answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him... then in verse 5, answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own contest.

That's wisdom, not something divine. You have to realize what your talking about... you know what, I don't care. If the Bible had no questions about it, you wouldn't need faith. I can't prove to you what you to hear. That's why faith is very important. It's what seperates people. In their outlook on life, in prosperity, in the end.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

First of all, here is the reality:

GOD did not write one word of the Bible. It was written by human beings just as flawed as anyone on this board. Inspired by God, perhaps, but all the same, they still wrote from the perspective of a view of the world that would be rather primitive and ridiculous, by our standards.

The words of Jesus Christ, in some cases quoted by eyewitnesses, are the closest thing we have to the direct voice of God in the Bible. Everything else has been swayed by the perspective of those who wrote it. So obviously Moses, the credited author of Genesis is going to see the world a bit differently than Paul, the author of Romans who lived several thousand years later. And as I said before, Moses and Paul were flawed human beings. Both were very prejudiced men and in fact, murderers before God drafted them onto his team. Some of those old prejudices take a little time to get out of your system.

As for the sexual orientation of Jesus Christ, that's irrelevant. Although the scriptures say he was tempted in every way, which probably means some guys did hit on Him, they also say that he was sinless, which means He didn't fuck anybody, male or female. I do find it significant however that Jesus himself NEVER condemned gays as Moses and Paul did. This is because Jesus' perspective was not altered by a life of prejudice.

There is real Truth in the Bible. But interpreting every single word from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21 as literal is not neccessary. Accepting the limitations of its human authors does not change the prophecies that Jesus fulfilled. It does not change His life, death, and ressurection, nor the promise of His return, which will be sooner than some of you would like to think, as if the last 3 months didn't make that abundantly clear. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MikeL:
    And why does it make no mention of Jesus and his disciples being a roving band of fudge-packers? <hr></blockquote>Where did you read that nonsense, the National Enquirer? [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Last Online

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    Where did you read that nonsense, the National Enquirer? [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

No, its just one of Mike's fantasies he's had since he first attended Sunday Bible school.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great post FORD.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

04.22.12 @ 05:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FORD:
    First of all, here is the reality:

GOD did not write one word of the Bible. It was written by human beings just as flawed as anyone on this board. Inspired by God, perhaps, but all the same, they still wrote from the perspective of a view of the world that would be rather primitive and ridiculous, by our standards.

The words of Jesus Christ, in some cases quoted by eyewitnesses, are the closest thing we have to the direct voice of God in the Bible. Everything else has been swayed by the perspective of those who wrote it. So obviously Moses, the credited author of Genesis is going to see the world a bit differently than Paul, the author of Romans who lived several thousand years later. And as I said before, Moses and Paul were flawed human beings. Both were very prejudiced men and in fact, murderers before God drafted them onto his team. Some of those old prejudices take a little time to get out of your system.

As for the sexual orientation of Jesus Christ, that's irrelevant. Although the scriptures say he was tempted in every way, which probably means some guys did hit on Him, they also say that he was sinless, which means He didn't fuck anybody, male or female. I do find it significant however that Jesus himself NEVER condemned gays as Moses and Paul did. This is because Jesus' perspective was not altered by a life of prejudice.

There is real Truth in the Bible. But interpreting every single word from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21 as literal is not neccessary. Accepting the limitations of its human authors does not change the prophecies that Jesus fulfilled. It does not change His life, death, and ressurection, nor the promise of His return, which will be sooner than some of you would like to think, as if the last 3 months didn't make that abundantly clear. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>

Outstanding observation Ford! I saw this post yesterday, but didnt have time to respond to morons who, while may be very intelligent debating politics, show just how ignorant they really are by jumping on somebody's religious beliefs. You took care of that for me. Thanks [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    We haven't had any real contact with each other there because we don't like each other, Pierre, and that makes for some very colorful sparks, all right. And I've got to admit, and got to say that it's inevitable, that there would be a reunion, it's one of the most hotly anticipated reunions in the history of the sport, OK? I wouldn't be surprised if it was relatively soon, on our lifetime while our clothing is still in style hopefully! Ya know it's like my Dad said, always told me, "Don't be humble, you're not that good." Dave, November 13, 2001

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Could This Be Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow.

I should probably stay away from this. As an Irish Catholic, it could get nasty pretty quickly. I will say that FORD's well-composed reply really impressed me and makes it a lot easier for me to ignore some fairly annoying posts.

The only point I'll make is that it's not worth it to "focus" on the Muslims, either. So that was a stupid suggestion. Perpetuating the same generalizations against them that have hurt our religion for centuries isn't worth anyone's time or effort.

Or Brett's bandwidth, for that matter.
    DtK<br /><br /><i>"<b>Do</b> something."</i>