All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

McCullers Adapting Curious George
    Wednesday, June 5, 2002 12:22 CDT

Imagine Entertainment has tapped its Undercover Brother co-scribe Michael McCullers to write the script for the all-CGI adaptation of children's classic Curious George, reports Variety. McCullers also wrote Austin Powers in Goldmember with Mike Myers.

Based on the character created by Margret Rey and husband H.A. Rey, "George" will mark Universal's first foray by into all-CGI moviemaking. Curious George was originally developed as a star-driven, live-action film in the vein of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

[ June 05, 2002, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Morrisson & del Toro Awaken Knights
    Wednesday, June 5, 2002 12:28 CDT

Variety reports that DreamWorks has acquired Sleepless Knights, a pitch from comic book scribe Grant Morrisson with director Guillermo del Toro (Blade 2) attached to helm.

The trade says the story is designed as a family adventure about a time machine experiment that goes horribly wrong, leaving the planet permanently stuck on Halloween eve. Soon, ghosts and spirits realize they have free reign and run unchecked -- until a young boy is recruited to an elite ghostbusting squadron called the Sleepless Knights.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cube Frontrunner for WB's Torque
    Wednesday, June 5, 2002 12:41 CDT

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ice Cube is in negotiations to star in Warner Bros. Pictures' Torque for director Joseph Kahn. The project begins shooting next month in Los Angeles.

Torque is described as a fast-paced adventure set in the world of motorcycle racing. Cube will star as Trey Wallace, the leader of the Machine, one of the most powerful and feared biker gangs in the country.

Jay Hernandez is already aboard to star as a biker, as well as Matt Schulze, who will play a vicious rider in a biker gang known as the Hellions.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Are Sam Raimi's days with Spider-Man numbered? Possibly. Raimi professed his loyalty to the character as a prime reason for signing onto the sequel production, already under way. But alas, it sounds like two blockbuster swings are all Raimi is in for.

Superhero Hype has ran an item citing an article in Total Movie magazine, which interviewed Raimi. The hot director said he won't be there for a third go around simply because "it's too exhausting."

Surely the Spider-Man 3 directing position will be highly sought after by top Hollywood talent, and we'll be looking for any future developments. Meanwhile, here's hoping Raimi finds a way to weave his talents with another superhero property - he's proven to the fans he can deliver.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Movie News
    LION THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE perks up at Disney?
    Producer of new version has connection to house Mickey built

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Wednesday, June 5, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
    By: News Editor
    Source: Variety

Buried in a story about James Cameron’s new IMAX documentary GHOSTS OF THE ABYSS comes this nugget: A new version of C.S. Lewis’ classic THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE is currently being developed by Cary Granat and his Walden Media company.

Granat just finished connecting Cameron’s movie with Disney’s distribution, so there’s a good possibility that Granat’s version of WARDROBE could make it onto the big screen via Disney’s studio.

Doing things right, Granat snagged the rights to all of C.S. Lewis’ CHRONICLES OF NARNIA books, the seven part children’s book series which is a metaphor for Christianity.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

In Comic Book news.......

Comic Book News
    Alan Moore: No WATCHMEN ever again
    We can still hope. But let’s not

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Wednesday, June 5, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
    By: News Editor
    Source: Wizard Magazine

In the latest WIZARD magazine, legendary comic book powerhouse Alan Moore (FROM HELL, LEAGUE OF EXTRODINARY GENTLEMEN, and of course THE WATCHMEN) was asked yet again about a sequel to his groundbreaking 1986 classic, THE WATCHMEN.

In response, Moore said, “No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no [that’s nine no’s]. Let me say again—No! I’m not doing anything related to THE WATCHMEN again. There were only 12 issues of it. That was the whole story.”

So with that settled, (sorry WATCHMEN lovers) expect Moore to be asked the question in his next interview, and ever one after that for the rest of his life.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

MTV visited the set of Daredevil for its Movie House program on Tuesday night.

Rob Zombie reported for MTV from a rooftop set in downtown Los Angeles. The scenes included star Ben Affleck as Matt Murdock, sensing Elektra on an adjacent rooftop, and then later a kissing scene in the rain between Affleck and Jennifer Garner's Elektra. Doesn't that sound familiar? -FH

Affleck wasn't shown in Daredevil costume, but Zombie complimented Affleck on the look of it.

"It's more like regular clothes," Affleck said. "It's not tights."

Jon Favreau, who plays Foggy Nelson, and Michael Clarke Duncan, who plays the Kingpin, also showed up, although they weren't filming on the day MTV was at the set.

"I don't do this type of stuff," Favreau said. "My character is strictly in the law offices."

The piece -- which featured a lot of good-natured ribbing among the cast -- also showed a sensory depriviation chamber and Elektra design drawings.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

NEWS - Hank Jr. And Kid Rock: Worlds Apart, Bound Together By Music
    06/04/2002

(6/4/02, 4 p.m. ET) -- One of the more interesting musical pairings as of late is between Hank Williams Jr. and Kid Rock. The two have recorded and performed live together, most recently on the Academy Of Country Music Awards earlier this month.

Williams and Kid Rock represent two genres of music at opposite ends of the spectrum, but their love of all kinds of music is the common ground that has formed a tight bond between the country crooner and the Detroit-based rapper.

"We do different types of music, I guess you could say, but at the end of the day it really is just music," Kid Rock said.

Williams added, "At the end of the day, you sit around and tune it up in an open G and say, 'Hey, let's play something from 1930 or 1950 or something.'"

Kid Rock continued, "I'm in training camp -- Hank's the coach!"

A surprising fan of the genre, Kid Rock has been soaking up the traditional sounds of country music since he was a child. "My parents are big country music fans, but when I was young I wanted to play Black Sabbath and AC/DC and I didn't really appreciate it, 'cause, you know, it just doesn't rock like that type of stuff does when you want to rebel, but then as I got older, I learned to appreciate it and the whole blues history behind it, 'cause I'm really a fan of the blues which country is the white man's blues," Kid Rock says.

Williams and Kid Rock's most recent recorded collaboration, "The 'F' Word," appears on Williams's current album, Almeria Club.

-- Margy Holland, Nashville

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

FILTER's RICHARD PATRICK And LIMP BIZKIT's FRED DURST Kiss And Make Up - June 5, 2002

In the continuing saga of FILTER's Richard Patrick vs. LIMP BIZKIT's Fred Durst, Patrick has issued a response to Durst's most recent statement calling on the FILTER frontman to set their differences aside and bury the hatchet. Here is Richard's latest "Open Letter To Fred Durst":

"Dear Fred, LIMP BIZKIT and your music astounds me. I've been a LIMP BIZKIT fan since the day I met you. I kind of live in a vacuum, in my own little FILTER world but when I saw you on family values I realized I was looking at a man with a vision and a dream. You have given the world incredible music - and I'm speaking about you, Wes, Sam, Lethal and John - you guys have given the world a wonderful glimpse of youth culture that is comparable to THE WHO back in the 70s when they infused a generation of legitimate rock. And that's just your music. Your vision as a video director has inspired me to go ahead and co-direct my own videos. As an A&R man, you have picked up bands that are also, and I don't use this word lightly, Awesome. STAIND, PUDDLE OF MUDD, etc. So you know I have full and utter respect for you.

"Now here's the reason why we've had trouble. You said that the second Family Values [tour] sucked because of whatever reason. I took that personally because I was on tour with you. I said something that was a little cruel, but it was still from my heart. The other thing that bothered me, was that you used the press as a way to vent. My grandfather told me at a young age, think before you speak. Ripping on the guy from CREED, or picking on Alanis Morrisette, isn't doing anybody any good. That type of stuff just makes you look bitter. If you say things and it's published, you should warn me, because I won't respond in a manner such as this. But when I was called an ungrateful sack of shit and that "it should be put in bold letters" that hurt, and that's a hateful thing to say. I understand the lead time with the interview but they still printed it. So being a man, I stood up for myself and I publicly said that you should seek help. I've also seen you say wonderful things about me, which I'm so grateful for, but I think you need to stop using the press as a therapeutical way of dealing with your problems.

"I am definitely willing to put this behind us. When I hugged you at PUDDLE OF MUDD, I could feel love from the both of us, and I'd rather feel that than feel hurt. We have a common thread that bonds us, we suffer from LSD: lead singer disease. I'd really love to talk to you man to man, but more importantly singer to singer. Much Love and Respect, Richard Patrick."

In other news, FILTER have added several headlining shows to their upcoming itinerary. The confirmed dates are a follows:

Jul. 23 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
    Jul. 25 - Boise, ID @ The Big Easy
    Jul. 26 - Seattle, WA @ Moore Theater
    Jul. 27 - Portland, OR @ The Roseland Theater
    Jul. 29 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
    Jul. 30 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Palace
    Sep. 20 - Louisville, KY @ Kentucky Fair & Expo C

I like Filter, but I cannot stand Durst!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Wimp..

OZZY Guitarist Suffering From "Mental And Physical Exhaustion" - June 5, 2002

OZZY OSBOURNE's representatives have finally issued an official explanation for the cancellation of the remaining dates of the European leg of Ozzfest 2002. It reads as follows:

"The remaining dates of the European leg of Ozzfest 2002 have been cancelled to allow guitarist Zakk Wylde to return home early to recuperate from mental and physical exhaustion. Ozzfest 2002 has been a particularly grueling tour for Wylde as he does double duty opening the show with his band BLACK LABEL SOCIETY and then closing the show as Ozzy's guitarist. Wylde has worked non-stop for over a year recording and touring with Ozzy and recording his own record 1919 Eternal with his band BLACK LABEL SOCIETY."

The US leg of Ozzfest 2002 kicks off on July 6th in Washington, D.C.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Former GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist To Issue Solo CD In August - June 4, 2002

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Izzy Stradlin will issue his long-awaited solo album, entitled On Down The Road, through Universal Victor Records in Japan during August. The CD is of particular interest to GNR fans due to the fact that all bass tracks on it were performed by ex-GNR bassist Duff McKagan, while fellow ex-GUNNER Slash co-wrote and played on five of the album's cuts.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Kiss has inked with specialty retailer Condomania to produce a line of "tongue lubricated" Kiss Kondoms. The packaging of the bright red latex prophylactics features a picture of the group's Gene Simmons in full make-up with his famous tongue extended. A second product, Studded Paul Kondoms, will be introduced in the fall featuring a picture of vocalist/guitarist Paul Stanley; shortly after, an extra-strength Love Gun Protection Kondom will hit stores adorned with an image of the whole group on its package.

"Could anyone possibly be more qualified than Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons to create a rubber that truly rocks?" Condomania president/founder Adam Glickman asked in a statement. "After all, both these guys are rock legends, Paul adored by legions of women, and Gene, who touts to have had more than 4,600 'liaisons' in his best-selling autobiography, 'Kiss and Make Up.'"

Three packs of Kiss Kondoms will carry a suggested retail price of $4.95, and will be available via U.S. Spencer Gifts stores, Condomania's flagship retail store in New York, and online through Condomania.com and Kiss Online.com.

The condom line follows a decidedly less salacious endorsement for Kiss. In April, Simmons and Stanley began appearing in advertisements for Life Savers' "Rock the Roll!" campaign, which includes advertisements, contests, games, and other features. More information can be found at candystand.com.

The introduction of Kiss Kondoms coincides with the publication of the premiere issue of Gene Simmons Tongue Magazine, which hits newsstands today (June 4). Simmons will be promoting the issue through various media appearances as well as launch parties tomorrow in New York and June 11 in Los Angeles. On June 15, the magazine will sponsor the CineVegas film festival's closing party at the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas.

In other news, Simmons' official Web site notes that the bassist/vocalist recently met with Endemol Entertainment executives regarding the possibility of a television show based on his life. Endemol is responsible for the NBC series "Fear Factor" and "Spy TV," among others.

-- Barry A. Jeckell, N.Y

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

J.Ho Brings The Comics To Life
    According to the Hollywood Reporter, Jennifer Hopez is set to star in a film adaptation of Rob Liefeld’s internet comic strip called ‘Shrink.’ According to reports, Columbia Pictures has picked up the film rights to the comic strip as a way for J. Ho to not only star in, but produce the flick. The film will be produced through J. Ho’s studio based production company, Nuyorican Productions. Hopez will play the role of a voluptuous psychologist who treats superheroes. At this time there is no writer on board. J. Ho has gained a reputation in Hollywood for allegedly throwing tantrums and making demands on movie sets. Rumour has it that J. Ho has had extras avoid eye contact with her and on one movie set, she made the crew crawl on their hands and knees to look for her lost wedding ring.

[ June 05, 2002, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

New Hockey Film Coming to the Big Screen
    Wednesday, June 5, 2002 12:38 CDT

The Hollywood Reporter says Disney is negotiating with director Gavin O'Connor to helm "The Miracle," the story of the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team's gold medal performance.

The team defeated a seemingly unbeatable Soviet Union squad in the semifinals, prompting sportscaster Al Michaels to utter the now-famous line, "Do you believe in miracles?" The team then went on to beat Finland in the gold-medal game.

"Miracle" was written by "The Rookie" scribe Mike Rich.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

FIRST LOOK: THE INCREDIBLE HULK: THE END

The Incredible Hulk: The End will arrive in stores on June 26. The issue is written by Peter David, with art by Dale Keown and Joe Weems and a cover by Keown.

Here's how Marvel describes the issue:

"Journey into a far-flung future in which the only things living on the planet Earth are Bruce Banner, the Incredible Hulk, and cockroaches with attitude... all of whom are at each other's throats. It's the final Hulk story ever as 'The Last Titan' finally comes to understand his reason for existence -- if only he can survive it!'

Said David: "It's about the relationship between the Hulk and Bruce Banner, and the final showdown between them. By the end of the story, Banner will have a number of revelations about why things happened the way they did -- why the Hulk was created, why he has suffered through all this."

The Incredible Hulk: The End will be 48 pages and will cost $4.95.