Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/2001...ne_arrest.html

Now THIS is disturbing! This militant lesbian was allowed to take custody of troubled kids by the child welfare system. She really does a lot of good things for society, eh? It's cases like this that should bring questions regarding a person's lifestyle choice vs their ability to handle the responsibility of child care into the public forum. I guess when it goes to court, we'll hear about all the abuse she suffered as a child, which of course should excuse her from any responsibility for her actions. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hell, lock her up in a MEN'S prison!
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

She's all cocky right now, because she's a celeb. That shit will change, though. If this is found to be true in court, then she should spend the rest of her unnatural life in prison. As all pedophiles should. Either that or executed for being demonic abominations that they are. Anyone, male or female, who molest kids are not in anyway human.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
    [QB
    Now THIS is disturbing! This militant lesbian was allowed to take custody of troubled kids by the child welfare system. She really does a lot of good things for society, eh? It's cases like this that should bring questions regarding a person's lifestyle choice vs their ability to handle the responsibility of child care into the public forum. I guess when it goes to court, we'll hear about all the abuse she suffered as a child, which of course should excuse her from any responsibility for her actions. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hell, lock her up in a MEN'S prison![/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before this thread turns homophobic, lets not bash her choice of lifestyle, but her actions, if there were any. Plenty of hetros out there, getting money to foster care kids and are accused of the same thing. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is not a 'homophobic' thread. BUT, let me set something straight for some of you:

Disapproving of one's lifestyle does NOT mean that you fear the person or the lifestyle. "Homophobia" is a bullshit word, used to TRY to back someone into a corner when they aren't politically correct enough to publically accept homosexuality as an acceptable way of life. Using that word is an attempt at a cheap shot, and it holds no water. I believe homosexuality is wrong; that does not mean I fear it.

Back to the point...

Here we have a woman who has several traits that DO have a bearing on the case: she is a celebrity, she is an outspoken lesbian, and she used those things as bargaining chips to enable herself to get her hands (and God knows what else) on some little girls.

This will offend some people, and frankly I don't care if I do, but homosexuality falls OUTSIDE the norms-and having homosexuals raising children is putting those kids at a major developmental disadvantage. From what I've seen, kids growing up with a homosexual parent/couple are thoroughly confused about damn near everything in terms of their socialization. We already have enough messed-up kids; we don't need more of them.

Second, we have a celebrity here. As we all know from MANY court cases (Michael Jackson, OJ Simpson, etc), celebrities are often 'above the law'. Their fame and $$ let them get away with damn near anything they want.

So, now we have a woman who is a spokesperson for gay rights, has $$ and notoriety, and is a blatant homosexual herself. Why in hell would a court consider her to be a fit parent or foster parent? Easy-if they say NO, then she sues for discrimination, playing the homophobe card. The court knows they couldn't possibly win due to the overwhelming numbers of "PC fascists" in this country.

Every day, 'normal' people are denied foster parent status by courts based on common sense: when they see a high risk individual, they say NO. Keep kids away from drugs and alcoholics, physical violence, etc., and everyone understands. But deny a homosexual, well, that would be "homophobic, archaic, unjust".

If you have an obviously gay man trying to adopt kids or become a foster parent, the LAST thing you should do is put a little boy in his home. When it's a lesbian, you shouldn't put little girls in her care. The risk factor is too great. I have heard arguments that 'gay people can love a child as much as anyone else'. First of all, we don't need THIS kind of 'love' for kids, and there is a LOT more to parenting than just love.

Certainly Poundstone, if found guilty, should be punished to the fullest extent of the law-not only did she abuse kids, she took advantage of a system designed to HELP kids. That's a double-shot in my book. She committed crimes on several levels and should be treated as such. But I think the judge(s) who deemed her 'fit' as a parent should ALSO be punished. When an 'expert' in the field opts to hand kids over to a VERY high-risk person, I question their competence in their job. They contributed to this case as much as anyone.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

I agree with many of your points here, Abe, but I'd rather withhold judgement on Ms. Poundstone until more facts/details come out.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
    Certainly Poundstone, if found guilty, should be punished to the fullest extent of the law-not only did she abuse kids, she took advantage of a system designed to HELP kids. That's a double-shot in my book. She committed crimes on several levels and should be treated as such. But I think the judge(s) who deemed her 'fit' as a parent should ALSO be punished. When an 'expert' in the field opts to hand kids over to a VERY high-risk person, I question their competence in their job. They contributed to this case as much as anyone.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pardon me for misinterpreting your first post, Abe. I took it to mean that you were saying that she molested the child because she was lesbian and the child was female.
    [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I was simply stating that hetros do the same thing. Take kids into foster care and molest/abuse them. It matters not one bit to me whether the crime against the child was commited by a lesbian....it's the act itself.... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Why should the judge be punished, also? Could he predict the future? No.

Are you saying because she was a lesbian and had a female child in her care that she was high risk? If not, what is the high risk you are implying? Because she is a known comedian and she'll use that to her advantage?

I am only going by the article you posted, and like someone else stated, there really aren't enough facts here yet. But if she is found guilty, of course she should be punished. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGEL4U:

Why should the judge be punished, also? Could he predict the future? No.

Are you saying because she was a lesbian and had a female child in her care that she was high risk?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have seen Poundstone in public RAVING about lesbian power and man-hating. It has been her 'thing' for a few years now. She is a radical supporter of a radical cause. She's got an agenda. That makes her QUITE high risk! She uses her fame as a springboard to shove militant lesbianism down people's throats. That's the sort of background checking these judges are supposed to do. I guess the judge overlooked that because of her fame . Ergo, the judge was sending kids into a home wrought with risk factors, knowingly. If she had been a complete average nobody on the streets she would have been denied like so many others.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] Abe.....you know more about her than I [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

If you stop in the *Beer to the Day* thread........I'll buy you a drink [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yikes! Because someone is a lesbian or gay, doesn't mean that they are also pedophiles. Just an observation...

I heard a report on the news the other night that said that a recent study of same sex parents raising children found that those children were, "...much more empathic and understanding of people with alternative life styles and people as a whole." I don't know anything about the study, the population or how they analyzed it, but... thought it would be interesting to point that out.

I guess until I hear more about the case, I'm not gonna rush to judge Paula. We know absolutely NOTHING about what happened. This could be the case of a child that she provided foster care for, who wanted Paula to buy something or whom Paula disciplined in a way that the child felt was unfair, and this is the kid's way of retaliating. Yes it's been investigated, but a manipulative, high risk kid like one that would be in foster care (and who knows how the system works) could easily manipulate the truth and make an innocent person look guilty. I'm not saying that Paula Poundstone isn't guilty, I'm just gonna let her have her day in court, and wait to hear the facts before I leap to any judgement.
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LA:

I heard a report on the news the other night that said that a recent study of same sex parents raising children found that those children were, "...much more empathic and understanding of people with alternative life styles and people as a whole." I don't know anything about the study, the population or how they analyzed it, but... thought it would be interesting to point that out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard about this study a few days ago myself, LA. It also said that the children of same sex unions were more likely to experiment with homosexual sex. I guess that shoots a big hole in the homo-claims that same-sex partners raising kids don't have an influence on their kid's sexual orientation.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Van Gully:

I heard about this study a few days ago myself, LA. It also said that the children of same sex unions were more likely to experiment with homosexual sex. I guess that shoots a big hole in the homo-claims that same-sex partners raising kids don't have an influence on their kid's sexual orientation.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm....don't recall that little factoid being quoted on the network news that broadcast in Chicago. Perhaps you could share with me where you heard that?

Clinical studies that I am familiar with, where I know the size and specifics of the population, and other relevant things that tell you if a study is bogus or not...have actually FAILED to prove that the children of same sex parents were influenced by their parents' sexuality. In fact those studies showed that the sexual orientation of the children of same sex parents were not swayed AT ALL by the sexual orientation of their parents. Those studies go back to when I was working on my Masters in psychology....but...

In addition, there are many kids who will experiment with their sexuality...I think the figure is that by 20, 1 in 3 will choose to experiment with same sex sex. That doesn't have any relevance to their sexual orientation, but rather reflects a natural sexual curiosity...and it has no bearing on the sexual orientation of the parents of the children whether or not they choose to experiment with same sex sex.

I'd be willing to say that of the friends that I have that are gay, 100% of them were raised by your traditional male/female parental unit. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Is that a ringing endorsement to pull all children of male/female parental units and turn them in to a department of children and family services? I don't think so...
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002