Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Today, August 31, marks the last day that a new episode of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood airs on PBS. Rogers, 73, is hanging up the cardigan for good. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

You know, I always disliked his show. I thought King Friday and those other puppets were creepy. I couldn't stand that mailman (Mr. McSpeedy?), and I remember thinking as a child that perhaps Mr. Rogers had a learning disability. Oh well, there goes the neighborhood . . . .

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

You didn't like Mr. Rogers??? Oh wow...he was one of my BIGGEST influences as a child. I would even go so far as to go put on a cardigan sweater and loafers when he did! His partner, Mr. McFeely, was always in a hurry to get somewhere and always seemed a bit curt to me (as I grew older).

My daughter was watching him the other day and I guess he still has "the magic" because as I turned the channel, my little girl threw a HUGE fit!! "TURN IT BACK" she screamed. In less than a nano-second, peace was restored to our home. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Too bad they aren't doing much to celebrate his final episode. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Good luck Mr. Rogers...my cardigan will wait for you again another day. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A couple years back, I taught at a school that is literally on Mr. Rogers' REAL home street (Arnold Palmer's too; it's actually called Arnold Palmer Drive now!) It was odd seeing the guy that I watched as a small child letting his dog run around in the field, NOT wearing his tv clothes.

While I think his intentions were good, I think he did more harm than good to the youth of America. He told everyone how 'special' they are, and since then, everyone wants special treatment and special rights handed to them without earning it. He gives me the willies. Freaky guy; he did the show for so long that he actually speaks the way he does on the show...til he gets pissed off, then LOOK OUT! Mr. Rogers has the vocabulary of a sailor or a disgruntled golfer.

I think the lack of a farewell show is smart though; the kiddies will never realize that he's not really there.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I liked Capt. Kangaroo best [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Something about the way he sang "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" that just grates my nerves [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    I gotta agree with the masses here, sorry Cabo, but Mr. Rogers always had a creepy vibe to him. My parents generally liked me watching PBS shows like 123 Contact, or The Electric Company. Mr Rogers wasn't a big hit at my house when we were kids. Although had he put the word VANS on those shoes of his, he would have been the shit. LOL. Ya'll know what I'm talking about. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I never really watched that show. The puppets are kind of creepy but Mr. Rogers seems like an OK guy.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Last Online

Premium Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGEL4U:
    I liked Capt. Kangaroo best [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And his runnin' buddy Mr. Green Jeans. Wasn't he sent to the clink for tax fraud or something? Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by track 5:

And his runnin' buddy Mr. Green Jeans. Wasn't he sent to the clink for tax fraud or something? Out.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr. Green Jeans was Frank Zappa's father. I don't know about the tax stuff though.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:

Mr. Green Jeans was Frank Zappa's father. I don't know about the tax stuff though.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]smilies/scared.gif[/img] [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img] I did not know that.....and I'm not sure about the tax stuff either, but sheesh.....Franks Zappa's dad?!? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Online

Premium Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you telling me that the actor that played Mr. Green Jeans was Frank's father? In my best Johnny Carson voice, "Wild stuff." "I did not know that." Cool. You learn something every day. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DAMN IT!

To any who read the Zappa/Green Jeans post I made, I did a little research, and it turns out that my statement was nothing more than an iteration of a long-lasting urban legend.

And I was told that it was true for 20 years. Gee, thanks dad. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Sorry for anyone who may have spouted this info to anyone, only to be made a fool of.

Mr Green Jeans is NOT Frank Zappa's father!

It was unbeknownst to me until a moment ago. Again, I apologize. It ranks up there with Mikey having pop-rocks and a pepsi.

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Frank wrote a song that started the controversy, and I guess it snowballed.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Heh...the urban legend always stated that Mr. Green Jeans was Ted Nugent's father, not Frank Zappa's. That myth was dispelled several years ago in TV Guide along with a dozen or so other hoaxes and legends.

BTW, Mr Rogers rocked! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] We will surely miss him. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com