Register
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Like everyone else who grew up in the Midwest, I've had my share of McDonald's. but that doesn't mean I have to like it. No sir. I can't remember the last time I ate Mickey D's, and it was probably 3 years ago, although there might have been a film shoot where we got it for free (restaurants always donate food to film shoots) and then I probably ate it.

If I HAVE to eat fast food, gotta go with Wendy's. Or Burger King. But I'm not a fan of any of it, really.
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

01.01.19 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 1,111 Times in 464 Posts

i can take or leave mcd's...although i'll get a big mac every once in a blue moon

but hey...their fries are the bomb..plain n simple!

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And now for some conflicting thoughts....

I've been a semi-vegitarian ( no pork, beef, or poultry, except for a bit of Turkey at Thanksvgivng and occasional shreds of beef in bar-b-q beans )for the past 3 plus years.

I and our family eat an McDonalds once or twice a month. I eat either the Fish filet or get a breakfast sandwich less the meat.

The Mc Rib is probably a soy based product.
    Gardenburger makes a frozen meatless riblets that taste very suspiciously close to what I remember McRibs tasting like.

Everyone should read Fast Food Nation, a NY Times bestseller that goes in depth into the research behind the growth of fast food and observed effects on society. Some scary stuff, but partly over the top for effect.

Even after reading the above book, you can't deny the food supply in this country is safe (not necessarily very healthy), but with the increase of e-coli cases and recalls, not as safe as it used to be.

Peace
    GH4L

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Ou812max:
    Oh, I forgot to mention that my big fast food weakness was Taco Bell until a couple of months back. I really used to enjoy an occasional taco or soft taco until Mr. FH pointed out how the "ground beef" has bone chippings and cartilage in it. That explained why I would get an occasional rock hard chunk in my mouth every time I had one.
    a friend of mine found a short piece of wire in a Taco Bell burrito once. unfortunately he found it with his mouth and not his eyes...he went to the hospital immediately, and called a lawyer when he got home. they settled out of court. he won't tell us how much he got, but he says it paid for a nice chunk of his wedding. he hasn't been back to Taco Bell since, and now he gets his Mexican food fix at Don Pablo's or Chipotle.

when i worked at the local fried chicken joint (not KFC), i'd always find fingertips of rubber gloves in the bags of chicken. my boss would say "i'm not worried about finding pieces of gloves, i'm worried about finding pieces of fingers..."
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow aka VHL:
    Breakfast Sandwich- Jack In The Box
    Ahh, yeah - forgot about that one. LOL

We had Jack in the Box when I was growing up in Jersey and I had them for the first time in like 25 years when Fab took me out there during a trip recently. I used to love their tacos when I was a kid - it was probably the only thing I ever ate at the Box. And it was, until I had a breakfast sammich. I wouldn't say they are awesome by any means, but they hit the spot sufficiently at 1 or 2 AM when you have the munchies.

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

The worst thing I think I've found myself (besides what is in the mystery meat at Taco Bell) is a chicken-beak in some carry-out Chinese food. (It looked like a broken crab-claw at first). Never thought about contacting a lawyer for that. The only think I can think of that somebody I know made a killing from a restaurant is this guy I used to work with supposedly made a pretty big settlement for suing Pizza Hut for sexual harrassement! It seems some male manager put the moves on him somehow that he's not allowed to discuss in detail. He left my work shortly after he won his settlement.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by OLO:

Jack in the Box's Monster TACO's are the greastest thing since sliced bread!!
    I'm sorry but I have to throw in a George Carlin quote for this one.

THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD

"What is so great about sliced bread? Is this the best we can do folks? What's the big deal? You take the loaf, get a fucking knife and slice the fucker!!! And then you get on with your life." [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.28.18 @ 02:03 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by FH:

What is a daily example of your diet now?
    Hey FH sorry for the long delay, the Jewish sabbath and just a busy schedule... But my diet now is basically home cooked food. I do not mix milk and meat together. And wait approx 3 hours before eating meat after mike, and 5 hours vice versa. I still enjoy a good beer, soda, chips, and everything else, but I don't go to McDonalds, and the sort. I also look for food in the grocery store with the (U) thing to make sure it is certified kosher. I feel healthier and it's great to get back to my roots [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Ice Cream Man
    Last Online

02.01.07 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I love the McRib-had one last night. The Filet O' Shit is ok on occastion, if it's fresh. I used to be a manager at McD's and one time a guy came through Drive Through and asked for a "Big 'N Nasty." He was obviously making fun of the Big 'N Tasty. anyway, I told him that his "mother didn't work here" He laughed, thankfully.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Bostonian:

Hey FH sorry for the long delay, the Jewish sabbath and just a busy schedule... But my diet now is basically home cooked food. I do not mix milk and meat together. And wait approx 3 hours before eating meat after mike, and 5 hours vice versa. I still enjoy a good beer, soda, chips, and everything else, but I don't go to McDonalds, and the sort. I also look for food in the grocery store with the (U) thing to make sure it is certified kosher. I feel healthier and it's great to get back to my roots [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Interesting! Thanks! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.28.18 @ 02:03 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by FH:

Interesting! Thanks! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    FH,

It's interesting for me, because keeping Kosher is just one aspect of like my "Jewish Renaissance" as one of my buddies calls it [img]smile.gif[/img] Like call it almost born again (even though I loath that term), but I find I am more relaxed since I go to synagogue regularly, do some teaching, and lead a "kosher life" if you wanna call it that. Best part is I get to still enjoy a tastey Sam Adams [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] and become more observant of my surroundings. Some people claim I have changed, but I think I am pretty much the same, I still go out saturday nights, listen to VH and stuff, and in fact went to a benefit Saturday for the Station where the local Aerosmith coverband was playing (they kick major ass).

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

01.16.19 @ 05:30 PM
    Liked 940 Times in 599 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by Downtown Stevie:
    Can you say White Castles ? [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    I lOVE those things!!!

They have them at the supermarket in the frozen section for microwaving. I get them all the time. Fuck it, I know it's bad, it's just so GOOD.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Wolfman:
    One thing I'm actually VERY happy about is we finally got a stand-alone Chick-Fil-A here in town a few months ago. anybody that's not familiar with the restaurant - you are missing out on the best damn chicken sammich made. We've had one in one of the malls here for years, but they never served breakfast. I had their breakfast for the first time in Atlanta a few years ago because they had the stand-alone restaurants. Hot DAMN, that chicken on a buttery biscuit is totally tits. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    There is one literally a couple of hundred feet from my apt. That place is awesome [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    <a href="http://www.vhvault.com/~rebel" target="_blank">The Coolest VH Trade Site on the Net!!</a>

Favorite VH Album

adkot
    Favorite VH Song

she's the woman/hbsd
    Last Online

01.16.19 @ 03:42 PM
    Liked 298 Times in 174 Posts

Default McDonald's video goes behind the 'McRib curtain' to show how it's made

The fast food giant released a new video on YouTube Monday taking viewers, along with a skeptical tweeter and a former Mythbusters host, inside one of its food processing centers in Oklahoma where McRibs are made.

The video shows how a slab of boneless pork gets ground and then formed into the shape of a rack of ribs. It gets misted and then flash frozen. A pink rectangle results.

My karma just ran over your dogma

Love 'em all I says
    Let Cupid sort 'em out

https://www.facebook.com/debra.browne.3114

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

01.16.19 @ 03:40 AM
    Liked 2,110 Times in 1,248 Posts

the buffalo ranch mcchiken sammich is delish.