Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

09.26.17 @ 02:05 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 76 Posts

Are there any Edmonton Oilers fans out there? There's a swiss guy playing for them next season, his name is Michel Riesen. He's from my hometown, and went to the same school as me. He recently scored 3 goals in a pre-season game, and he's second in the pre-season overall points.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I live in Edmonton dude, though I can't say as I'm much of an Oiler fan. I hate the local media coverage; "they're the best" blah blah blah. Anyway, I haven't followed their pre-season yet, I'm waiting for the real season to begin.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Hey Glenn, if there is a live broadcast of a game on TV, would you record it for me? I'd pay for it...
    Especially when it's the first game of Michel against the Red Wings next week...

There's hardly any NHL coverage on non pay-tv channels over here, this sucks.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Oilers... Oilers... hmm... wasn't that a hockey team back when Gretzsky lived up there?

AZ Halen
    Wings 9, Oilers 1. You will not want the tape!!

P.S., just kidding, however this is my prediction. Hunt me down later if I'm wrong...

------------------
    Why behave in public if you're living on a playground? Fools...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I'm a huge Oilers fan even though I live in Ottawa. Followed the team way back when through all the great years in the early to mid 80's and even into the 90's before they eventually hit rock bottom after getting rid of all their super stars.
    They've hovered right around .500 the past few years and had a couplke of good playoff upsets. If they're going to do anything major though it's got to happen this year. All their major stars are in camp and I like their chances this year. They should give Colorado a good run for the divison title and if they could just win a few more of those close games they'll be in great shape. They lost alot of one goal games last year and if they can turn that stat around they'll do fine.
    Riesen looks like he's a player and should be on the big club when the season starts. Dan Cleary is also having a great camp. The ilers could have three pretty good lines going into this season with a decent defence core and good goaltending.

Prediction-Edmonton 3 Detroit 2

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Yeah, Riesen made it to the Oilers! He'll be the first swiss player playing a full game in the NHL!

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Hey SwissHalen, aren't there different compatabilites between North America and Europe when it comes to video tapes? If I sent you a VHS tape, would you be able to play it there? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I really don't know.

Anyway, the Edmonton/Detroit game is on a channel I don't get. The Oilers are televised on Saturday night, though. Here's the thing, my VCR is on it's last legs, so I can try to tape it, but I can't promise it'll work. I tried to tape Val on Regis and it wouldn't tape for me, so it's kind of hit and miss. Let me know about the compatability thing, and I'll see what I can do.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Our VCR can read the NTSC format, that should be no problem. I'd love to see Riesens first game, I hope your VCR will do me that favor .
    Thank you anyway for your effort.
    BTW, very surprisingly, another swiss player got signed by an NHL-team. His name is Reto Von Arx, a last round draft pick of the Blackhawks. He was great in the camp, and so they took him. So he'll be the first swiss player, because the Hawks have their game tonight already.

AZ Halen
    Hey Swiss, Good luck with your guys!! Hope my Redwinged Russians have an answer for them!!! AZ

------------------

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am huge fan of the Edmonton Oilers! Especially of the 80's era. Mark Messier is my favourite hockey player in the world. Tonight, myself and my friend Dennis, will be drinking orange juice with Kim Pratt who works for Green Shield Canada, and Angie Jaciw(moe-howard///three stoges)will be drinking milk. Now getting back to the Oilers many of the eighties players have been inducted in the hall of fame.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by evhwolfgang:
    Now getting back to the Oilers many of the eighties players have been inducted in the hall of fame.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Besides Wayne Gretzky, I don't think any of the former Oilers playershave been inducted into the Hall Of Fame.

Swiss, I'll post here in a few hours about whether I could tape the Oilers game or not, but it's not looking good. My VCR is not cooperating.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Sorry Swiss, by VCR is a no go, I couldn't tape the game. I hope you catch your guy playing at some point.

AZ Halen
    Hey guys, thought you would rough me up with my Wings losing to your Oilers! Anyway, I'm learning how to take a "L" better now. The last two years have helped with that! Til the next game.......AZ

------------------

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

I listened to the games on Web radio, I hope that there is something like Web tv soon.
    The other swiss guy scored two goals for the Hawks last night. He was the first swiss player who scored in a NHL game. Congrats!